Probably dumb question

fflaque

I'm trying to do some research on firms trading on the ftse, are companies traded there have to file like in the united states (I.E. - 8k's 10q) if so where can i find them?

They only have to file in the US if they need to meet any US regulations such as having a dual listing. ie listed in London and NY for example.

Tuffty said:
They only have to file in the US if they need to meet any US regulations such as having a dual listing. ie listed in London and NY for example.

opps let me clarify, if its only traded in london....are there filing requirements like there are in the US?

Filing

Yes, listed companies (IIRC) have to publish their accounts each year. Most listed companies publish this information on their websites, and there are plenty of sites offering this information - Fool.co.uk springs to mind. I think Yahoo Finance also does this. Try Google - there are probably hundreds of sites that'll try and bait you in with this info. You'll see their advertising while you're there, so it's money for nothing from their point of view.

Steve

Darksider

fflaque, The UK filings requirements aren't as stringent as the US, ie half yearly not quarterly. You need to look at the RNS (Regulatory News Service). See www.uk-wire.com for example. If a London listed company has US subsidiaries then they would have to meet any US regulatory standards relating to that company (but these will be as per any US private company).

BTW. There is no such thing as a 'Dumb Question'. Only Dumb Answers