Price Structure

12WBT

What is it?

Can price be wrong in structure?

Is structure wrong in price?

Price leads, lags or means nothing?

What do you think?

Please explain what you mean by structure and price in the context you have used it.

Please explain what you mean by structure and price in the context you have used it.

You got me not that smart to explain.

Structure is where I see other people in market.

Could be a break out with people stuck in the price before the break out.

Then look for the price back to the break out.

Loads of visual examples but how do you put them in words.

What is it?

Can price be wrong in structure?

Is structure wrong in price?

Price leads, lags or means nothing?

What do you think?

Its the most important clue in trading

Price structure is based on Price Action and time

It will be different for different types of traders

For example with me being a short term FX Intraday trader - my price structure is based on previous 30 and 60 mins along with PA on a tick or one min chart

For a swing trader - price structure might be based on the 4 hr - 12 hr and daily movements

For a longer term swing trader or investor - your price structure might be based on weekly / monthly or even quarterly time and PA.

Price action alone - is just not enough

It can be manipulated to a false price and in Forex often is

Price is reality - but dont trust it in isolation - look at it in terms of PA and time - giving you the price structure

PA does lag - the least lag will be on a tick or 1 min chart

On a 1 hr - 4 hr or daily chart - new price structure might already be under way - but maybe its of no consequence for a long term swing trader under say 50 or one hundred pips - and for a investor - even 300 -500 swings might not be of no importance - if the target is many thousands of pips over 1 year or more.

In conclusion - price structure for me on my time frame is of more importance than just price action

Just my thoughts and view - but for me and over the last 7 years - its been successful in all market conditions

Regards

F

Price structure is normally a market profilers term

They expect volume/time at price charts to build in a certain way and when they don't there is 'bad structure'.

Baddaddy might describe it as price structure or structure of price.
After all, when running his turtles head, he famously described price action as the action of price.

This is why he is the worlds foremost expert on trading.

So there we have it...all sorted.