Article Price Analysis – A tops down approach

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,498 115
In a previous article I mentioned that my analysis involves monitoring price action, in order to gain an insight into the short term sentiment of the market. Determining who is in control at that time – the bulls or the bears. And assessing how they’re likely to respond to changes in the market.
I thought today I’d prepare a quick article to give an overview of how I analyze price. Those of you who know me know that I’m a great fan of candlestick charting. However, price analysis is much more than just watching for your favorite candlestick patterns. Too many people just teach the candlestick patterns, which are fine, but in my opinion there’s some essential analysis missing that an astute trade needs to consider BEFORE they look at price action and respond to every candlestick or bar chart pattern.
Let’s have a look at what I mean.
Price analysis for me is essentially a top down approach, working from the macro level of Market Structure (so we analyze the big picture first), then...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

timsk

Legendary member
7,599 2,374
This is one of the highest rated contributions in the Articles section and yet, surprisingly, there are no comments!? So, should one conclude that the entire T2W membership is in complete agreement with Lance Beggs and that everyone here adopts this approach? Or . . .

artur2345

4 0
Clear and concise information from a master technician!
In a world filled with misspeak and malspeak, He, Beggs your reading! Sorry!
j.c.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock