Price Action Traders

ForexProdigee

I'm starting to trade Price Action only and i'm seeing great results. Only time I lose trades is when my patience wears thin and become greedy. So far I have only begun to trade Pin Bars. I was curious to know, what Price Action Setups have you guys noticed in the markets that usually work?

Hi FP

Can you tell us how long you have been trading price action please ?

Sample size is important in understanding % success

N

I'm starting to trade Price Action only and i'm seeing great results. Only time I lose trades is when my patience wears thin and become greedy. So far I have only begun to trade Pin Bars. I was curious to know, what Price Action Setups have you guys noticed in the markets that usually work?

i like cat's ears trades, high probability.

I trade almost pure price action for a few years already and so far very happy about it... Setups are common, mostly based on Dow theory, Vic Sperandeo's interpretation of it with a few tweaks...

I have been trading strictly price action for a couple days now, mostly Pin Bars. My account size grew 25% in those two days. However, during the Sydney sessions when the market seems to be a little slow, i grew impatient and made bad trades reducing my 25% gain into only 16% gain.

If what you say is true, he should be locked up! I hate liars.

you've obviously not read the whole spanish69 threads in the archive with his gleeful confessions about
regualrly stealing from his mom,
illegally claiming benefits while working,
pretending to be a policeman and
having an underage girlfriend.

plus many more such escapades. All without a hint of shame or remorse.

Utterly contemptible little c_u_n_t

Hi FP

Can you tell us how long you have been trading price action please ?

Sample size is important in understanding % success

N

another day of price action, added 24% to my account. pretty good for a newbie on sunday

my average risk was about 10-15 pips, market was trending beautifully allowing me to keep my stops tight. once entered, they only went negative 6-8 pips before going in my direction

my average risk was about 10-15 pips, market was trending beautifully allowing me to keep my stops tight. once entered, they only went negative 6-8 pips before going in my direction

OK about pips, but what about % of your trading account being risked on every trade? Asking, cause you seem to have quite serious equity swings.

P. S. My preference is no more than 12 pips for the Euro either most of the time, often smaller, extremely rarely wider.

OK about pips, but what about % of your trading account being risked on every trade? Asking, cause you seem to have quite serious equity swings.

P. S. My preference is no more than 12 pips for the Euro either most of the time, often smaller, extremely rarely wider.

oh, the % were 9% - 13%. more then ideal 5% but like saito said:
"take a leap of faith"

you've obviously not read the whole spanish69 threads in the archive with his gleeful confessions about
regualrly stealing from his mom,
illegally claiming benefits while working,
pretending to be a policeman and
having an underage girlfriend.

plus many more such escapades. All without a hint of shame or remorse.

Utterly contemptible little c_u_n_t

Not to mention applying to get a job in the Police after going public with all of the above. :rolleyes:

i should be able to risk less in due time. 1% for me is 1 pip SL. thats great though, losing traders have virtually no effect on you.

For me with my current leverage used 1% risk is ~ 6 pips. Equity curve is pretty smooth yeah, with relatively low PTT drawdowns, which I prefer over higher % return, but with deeper holes to dig myself out if happens. :)