Price Action education

Argus 0102

Hi All,
I am looking for some educational resources about Price Action trading.
Very much interested in learning this type of "naked trading" as it seems to be very simple and easy( no indicators as I understand it) to follow yet hard to put into practice.
I have read Al Brooks Price Action and it is not that easy to grasp for a beginner. Was wondering if there are any other reputable author/trader out there. Any interesting books that could help a newbie.More interested into stock/forex at this stage.Any links to website would be very useful.

Many thanks.
Argus

lance beggs ...........he helped me with some of my own systems a while back and I rate him 100%

also had a chance to read/review his publications as well and they are true encyclopedias in this field

a nice guy and a master at his art

Hi NVP,
Thanks for the advice.
Will definitely drop by his website sometimes soon.

Argus.

Al Brooks is great, it will make sense more as time goes, Bob Volman ( firts book) and Lance Beggs both make sense to me as well and are much clearer. As an introduction book to TA I would suggest John Murphy: TA of Financial Markets.

Last edited:
Al Brooks is great, it will make sense more as time goes, Bob Volman ( firts book) and Lance Beggs both make sense to me as well and are much clearer. As an introduction book to TA I would suggest John Murphy: TA of Financial Markets.
Hi Fugazsy,
I will have to read Al's book couple of times to get it into my system.From my understanding he is the real deal when it comes to PA trading from what I gather on a few forums.
Did drop by Lance Beggs website(Your Trading Coach) and it does look like he is genuine but his trading timeframe is not a match to my style of trading.
I would prefer to learn on a longer time frame to grasp and really understand PA.Al Brooks website is somewhat more appealing to me and easy to navigate around. Have decided to force myself to get this PA trading right and only want to follow and stick to one particular author. I'm leaning more towards Al Brooks just because he is well known and respected in the trading community.
Many thanks for your input.

Argus

This guy is the king of price action: Price Action Lab Blog. Read especially his blog "Identifying High Probability Short-term Patterns" All other are years behind, I mean light years. I have tried them all, they are too much talk and no substance.

Hi Fugazsy,
I will have to read Al's book couple of times to get it into my system.From my understanding he is the real deal when it comes to PA trading from what I gather on a few forums.
Did drop by Lance Beggs website(Your Trading Coach) and it does look like he is genuine but his trading timeframe is not a match to my style of trading.
I would prefer to learn on a longer time frame to grasp and really understand PA.Al Brooks website is somewhat more appealing to me and easy to navigate around. Have decided to force myself to get this PA trading right and only want to follow and stick to one particular author. I'm leaning more towards Al Brooks just because he is well known and respected in the trading community.
Many thanks for your input.

Argus

Argus, it is good that you know what you want and finding a style that appeals to the own personality is a great step forward.

Now I am going to give you my perception of my understanding, I only read a studied Lance lately and I have not finished yet the all 6 pdf's......However I did studied in depths Al and Bob and applied in many various ways to the market, their style make sense to me but at the end they did not work for me in a consistency way.

Things started to work for me when I tried to applied my own way... yes my way it is also a consequence of my learning from them and others, but my actions are fluid now and not imposed from somebody else perception.

To be more specific I was able to incorporate and fuse into my own style various ways from each of them that made sense and also worked for me.....

So, yes you can learn from others but at one point you have to bring yourself to the table to become very good (if that is your goal), because nobody can tell you what is right for you more than yourself....

Last edited:
The James16 thread on Forex Factory is a fantastic resource for price action trading.

The James16 thread on Forex Factory is a fantastic resource for price action trading.

Hi Ivan,
Thanks for the tip. James16 was # 1 on my list.But due to it being a paid subscription I did not follow it through. Maybe it's time to visit the free resources on forex factory to dig out some info about it.
So far I have the following authors on my list:
1.James16 group
2.Al Brooks
3.Lance Beggs
4.Bob Volman
All these resources will keep me busy for a while and hopefully learn a few skills through this journey.I would like to incorporate valuable advice,skills and knowledge from each author/trader from the list above and eventually have my own way of interpreting P.A.
Many thanks to all and hopefully any newbie reading this would follow these advice.

Argus