Price action analysis.

epic767

What is the most common continuous zick sack movement in one direction in the currency pair EUR/USD? What i mean is, is movements of 10 pips(where the price usually has to zick sack to reach 10 pips) the most common zicksack movement in one direction, before it turns the other way around?

Dont include news releases in this analysis.

What is the most common continuous zick sack movement in one direction in the currency pair EUR/USD? What i mean is, is movements of 10 pips(where the price usually has to zick sack to reach 10 pips) the most common zicksack movement in one direction, before it turns the other way around?

Dont include news releases in this analysis.

why trade " zig - zag " movements (sideways ranges)..? :-0 You live in Cairns..? WOW - so cool.. !! why not hit the beach for an hour - come back and trade it when it trends and then ride that 30 foot breaker back into the shore......!!

and then sit back with a nice cold beer and give yourself a nice pat on the back for a job well done - instead of getting " stuck " in that " zig-zag " movement and fretting over the price -
if it all goes pearshaped, youll probably want to get drunk anyway...
(avoid the pool/Ocean in that case)
:p

Nah, i live in sweden now. I think you misinterpreted my thread. What I meant was: what is the most common lenght of highs, and bottoms? How much does the price usually move until reversing back.

I Could of course look at charts, but only get a vague idea. Im really wondering if this could be calculated using some form of simulation using price data?

The reason why I want to know this, is because i want my money management/scaling method to revole around average lenghts of tops and bottoms, using some kind of martingale money management method. The expectancy profit will still be 0, if you have 50% chance of winning, using the kind of margingale method i want to use, so I'm only trying to get an edge by adapting my self how the prices behaves.