Predictive software

Hi,

Has anyone had or know of anyone who has used the Ocean Theory software by Jim Sloman (of Delta fame).

If this becomes legislation it does not take much imagination to see what comes next...offshore direct access booms , but the potential pitfalls of dealing with unregulated ,dishonest brokers offshore are obvious....hold on moment ...unregulated, dishonest brokers offshore...regulated ,dishonest brokers onshore..may be the pitfalls are not as huge as they might first appear ;)

"Ocean Theory software "...afraid the verdicts TIDE on that one....

Trader333
We will be required to sign a declaration saying that we understand the risks of crossing the road but that we still wish to do so.

I wonder how likely it is that the EU will just make execution only account holders FULLY UNDERSTAND the implications of opening execution only accounts - by signing such disclaimers - as opposed to banning such accounts altogether?

As the letter on the other thread from Chris Heaton-Harris MEP indicates, a blanket ban on "This would mean, that confident and knowledgeable investors would no longer be able to take their own investment decisions based on published information. They would instead be forced to pay for advice they do not want. I believe that non-advice services are already sufficiently regulated using contract law, conduct of business rules, product regulation, regulation of produce promotional and explanatory literature and money laundering rules. "

Does the proposed bans apply to just accounts held with companies within the EU? And so would we be able to trade with US based IB or tradestation securities from the UK?

Does anyone know if the proposed ban applies to CME + CBOT futures for example, Interbank forex or just stocks?

Whats the latest?

Cheers

jtrader.

options said:
How wonderful to have a programme running that takes the decisions for you and is never wrong. There are some gold plated claims out there. Yet with all the brilliant software, there is not one company that will offer you a cast iron pledge that if the software doesn't work they will give you your money back along with your losses that the software made for you.
Options

mmm, don't really think so ;)

Attachments

• pig01a.gif
    pig01a.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 948
help

If I subscribe to linnsoft charting program, can you show me how to setup my charts like yours?

madasafish said:
well I have some simple scans which suggets a turn up is about to happen..

1. CCI<-120 and FASTD<20 very oversold (green smileys under lows)
2. CCI>170 or FASTD>85 very overbought. Red sad faces or big Yellow C on highs

and a few buy/sell sacans .. the blue arrows on the chart

Funnily enough these - taken from real time S&P futures chart -appear to predict future moves - in any time frame rather well.

So a green smiley and a blue up arrow says buy like crazy.. amd a red sad smiley and a blue down arrow says short like crazy..

and yes it works in any time frame...
:LOL: :LOL:

neil said:
If there was software that worked. Wouldn't the banks etc, be using it to make even more money?

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head. There are very intelligent and quick witted people out there. Therefore, if such a system was possible and you were its' creator, would you sell it ?
Ah ! Wait a minute ! I have just seen this......
And, in addition, the posture of the regulatory authorities has been in the past that if such a program were available to the public whether by rental or outright purchase, it would have to be properly regulated.

So the real question to this thread I started in 2002 is:

Are there any programs out there that are regulated by the likes of the FSA etc?

Not having seen any such claims by the vendors, the answer must be that none exist.

That aside. Unless it was an automatic buy/sell program. Any given ratio of traders would show different results purely on the different human response to what their eyes and brain are showing/telling them.

Greed
Fear
and ...Hesitation.

What you say is absolutely correct. And my statement above refers to a visit I made to the then SFA when a program that gave indications of strength and weakness in the market (not buy /sell signals) was being presented and discussed.

But there must be, in this age of artificial intelligence development, somewhere someone who has programmed the Holy Grail. If it were not so serious it would be funny.

But all of this is thwarted because people are able to see what they want to see and not what they ought to be observing. Also people are disposed to focus on the style in which the message is delivered, but ignoring the validity of the content.

This is a pernicious problem that persistently besets the great majority of traders.

It is not a problem of intellect as such but a problem of ingrained perception, the wrong perception.

Perception

Reminds of my Fine Art studies many years ago; the initial difficulty one had to draw what you see - not what you "think" you see.

:)

Yes, Neil, it has been stated many times by many battle hardened and experienced traders, but it does not seem to land.....