Predictive software

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
Yes, Omnitrader is ed downs'..I used it for a while then stopped seeing it cant cope with this sort of markets, it maybe helpful in more stabilized markets...

Riz

java

23 0
What is the price you actually pay for the Linnsoft + data feed? If you get the realtime silver is it a total of $45 per month for the feed + software? All thes pricing structures make my brain ache!

syed

6 0
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know any software that works on predicting the movement of FTSE & Dow Jone.

Thanks

Syed

Trader333

8,646 977
Does anyone know any software that works on predicting the movement of FTSE & Dow Jone

There isnt any but you will find plenty of claims that there is (usually at enormous cost), and you may as well have asked how to make guaranteed profits from trading which would amount to the same thing in my view.

Paul

Glenn

Experienced member
1,040 118
syed said:
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know any software that works on predicting the movement of FTSE & Dow Jone.

Thanks

Syed

Any charting program can do it.
You just have to know how to use it.
SImple really.

Or did you mean that while you are sitting on the settee drinking beer, smoking and eating burgers, the software will be beavering away for you and at some point will ring a little bell informing you that it has now worked out the exact nature and timing of all moves for the next day, prepared market orders and sent them to your broker and all it wanted to do was let you know and sorry for disturbing you.

If so may I suggest www.pigsmightfly.com

Glenn

iq200

355 16
Glenn,

That link didnt work - are you sure its correct ? :cheesy:

Regards,

Imran

trendie

Legendary member
6,732 1,297
LevII said:
What have policemen in helicopters got to do with predicting movements in the financial markets?

LII

ha-ha !! coppers in choppers scans better ;)

predictive software is all around us.
there are umpteen pages on the web offering hundreds of percent returns.
They usually go along the lines of:

starting off broke, owing thousands.
discovering some magical method.
years and years of study, through the night.
made a fortune. now living in a mansion, sports cars.
becomes philanthropic.
offers opportunity for a small one-off sum of £49.95.

if their management accounts were ever published, you will find their "income" will be an exact multiple of £49.95.

go figure.

LevII

Established member
579 16
if their management accounts were ever published, you will find their "income" will be an exact multiple of £49.95.
Unless, of course, their philanthropy has reached the stage where it knows no bounds and they have taken to disseminating their hard earned knowledge through '1-2-1 coaching'. The charge will, of course, have to be a little more than £49.95 but, as the coach will no doubt enjoy the opportunity for social intercourse, will be limited to an amount that compensates to some extent for what is lost by spending the day away from the trading screen.

The milk of human kindness!

trendie

Legendary member
6,732 1,297
People offering courses have always been a bit of an interesting aspect.

Maybe I am lucky, and the ones I have been on have been useful, I have learnt something.
Maybe not a system I would want to trade, but I always take away something new.
Ultimately, we have to find our own way.

But I understand your point. If I could earn a lot of money trading, I wouldnt really put myself out to train others.
The rigmarole of advertising, websites, printing manuals, booking hotel conference rooms, then support or replying to peoples emails, etc, sometimes employing people to cope with the admin, etc etc.
Too much hassle.
I would rather have less money and trade, than the hassle and a bit more money.

Sometimes in my more cynical moments, I do wonder why successful traders would want to teach !!

Trader333

8,646 977
Sometimes in my more cynical moments, I do wonder why successful traders would want to teach !!

It is good business practice to diversify income streams and, in many cases, a lot more money can be made offering a seminar or tuition service than can be made in a single day of trading.

If we work it out then a one day seminar at maybe £200 per person and 30 attendees gives a nice £6000 payday. I dont know of any traders who make this kind of money day in and day out with no risk involved.

To take the view that true traders will never consider other forms of income has never made sense to me and especially with the possible EU threat of banning direct access trading which is still a real possibility. After all what are professional day-traders to do if this does become law and no other income streams have been developed ?

Paul

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock