Practicing live trading after hours ?

BCV12

Hey everyone. Just wondering is there anyway to practice/paper trading, after trading hours ? Most of my free time is in the evening after the markets close (live on the west coast).

Is it possible ? Are there any stocks that trade 24/7 (besides forex).
Do you need a certain software or broker ?
Or should I stick to reading hourly, daily, weekly, etc charts ?

Thanks guys, sorry if its been asked before.

hey everyone. Just wondering is there anyway to practice/paper trading, after trading hours ? Most of my free time is in the evening after the markets close (live on the west coast).

Or should i stick to reading hourly, daily, weekly, etc charts ?

What-Should-I-Trade.png

Hey everyone. Just wondering is there anyway to practice/paper trading, after trading hours ? Most of my free time is in the evening after the markets close (live on the west coast).

See the pdf at the bottom of this post.

Db

Paper trading stocks after hours? Maybe if you trade a market that is open while its "after hours" in your time zone. For US Equities, most paper accounts follow regular market hours with a 20 minute or so delay on the quotes.

I had this same issue.

I wanted to study the DAX, so that ultimately I could trade that market if I ever went full time.

But I had to keep paying the bills, so my 9-5pm job stopped me from being able to study that market as it happened.

My solution ...

Set up everything on your screen as if you were going to trade live. (Charts, DOM, news feed etc)

Use a programme to record exactly what you see happening on the screen (I used one called Camtasia)

Play it back in the evening when you have time.

It's as good as live. Except you can't actually click in a trade. But as long as you are honest with yourself and stick to when you would have traded and record it properly...

In my mind, this method is perfect if you are simply looking to paper trade/practice.