Potential mass exodus from Spreadbetters.

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,231
CI have done 50p for decades ---Forex much lower. Apart from pulling my horns in a bit, this has not altered my style of trading. Watch that 50% allowance before stopping, though. That's a trap for the unwary.

Jason101

Experienced member
1,365 212
I have just noticed that IG have dropped there min trade size on most major fx from £1 to 50p per point.
I think this is since and in relation to the new regulations. They have also increased the knock out trades to cover some minor fx as well as the majors.
IG have just done a complete U-turn on their new Knock Out trades, now the margin needed is just the same as their other trades and in some cases even greater!
Seems like a big balls up.
I recon their loophole has it's own holes in it!

tomorton

Legendary member
7,122 921
IG have just done a complete U-turn on their new Knock Out trades, now the margin needed is just the same as their other trades and in some cases even greater!
Seems like a big balls up.
I recon their loophole has it's own holes in it!

I never understood why they thought it was outside ESMA in the first place.

Jason101

Experienced member
1,365 212
I never understood why they thought it was outside ESMA in the first place.
Yes, I've just been reading your post in the death of spread betting thread.
At the moment it looks as though you called that correctly right from the start.
I'll carry on with S.B with the new children's leverage (which is fine for entry)
But what has really messed me up is in pyramiding and divirsification.

tomorton

Legendary member
7,122 921
Yes, I've just been reading your post in the death of spread betting thread.
At the moment it looks as though you called that correctly right from the start.
I'll carry on with S.B with the new children's leverage (which is fine for entry)
But what has really messed me up is in pyramiding and divirsification.

"children's leverage" - I just love that! Bravo!