Post-Armageddon Global Society

Sigma-D

Established member
You are put in charge of devising a basis for facilitation of local, national and global commerce in a post-Armageddon (aka hard reset, clean slate, fresh start) scenario. None of the former economic structures remain.

Over to you.

You are put in charge of devising a basis for facilitation of local, national and global commerce in a post-Armageddon (aka hard reset, clean slate, fresh start) scenario. None of the former economic structures remain.

Over to you.

Execute the b8stard who put me in charge and declare free enterprise to all.

Do away with all local and national boundries.

Job done!

Thank you very much (y)

That's a good start. I'd also start with my back yard first and sod the rest of the country/planet.

Organically grow commerce and trade.

What are the chances we'd avoid the same mistakes?

I think the Libertarian message will go from strength to strength.
Far too many rules, regs and Big Govt and nowhere near enough freedoms to chose one's own path as things stand.

Last edited:
With no organized societal structure or government, making a dash for an arms cache would be a good strategy, before you head for the farm supplies store to loot that. With arms on hand, you can take your time finding who looted the farm supply store and pay them a visit at your leisure. Or better yet, wait - let them use the tools and grow the crops, THEN pay them a visit.

I'm just wondering without national health, pensions and benefits, what happens to all the currently non-productive, the ill, the old, the stupid, the lazy and the outright leeches that currently enjoy lives which however poor in relation to the average, is still head and shoulders above that which most in the 3rd world have to endure.

It would be a rude awakening.

All the have-nots would continue to have not, but their position would be the least changed.

All the have-everythings would have nothing and their lot would be the most changed.

The majority, somewhere in-between, would find themselves thrust into an entirely new world in an instant, where what counted and what mattered, no longer did so. The entire class of management, administrators, politicians, I.T., service sector (yes, and HR and estate agents) would be skill-less and clueless and face imminent starvation unless they ate each other.

Those who would most likely to do better than most would be those with hands on skills in the tactile professions. Farmers, mechanics, plumbers window-cleaners (no, just kidding about window cleaners). And of course military types and ruthless unprincipled thugs. You have the template. You have little time to prepare. Yes, become a camo-wearing pig farmer with attitude and you'll never go hungry.

Over to you.

how much am I paying myself and how many days holiday do I get ?