Pork Bellies

bgold

Established member
532 5
BBB, I still have to study them in more detail and will tell you in couple of weeks. On first glance I like the methodical approach of Ross, showing how to enter and exit spread trades.
happy Easter!

neil

Legendary member
5,167 748
BBB said:
Neil - yes you can. Thats the point of spreads - to take advantage of seasonality of products. Time of the year for meats and grains. Yield curves for Bonds such as the TUT (Ten year Under Two year notes) to profit from the yield curve, TED - Tbonds vs Euro Dollars. etc.

There isn't much written about spreads though. It's all need-to-know or we kill ya you filthy c*ck-a-roach stuff (sorry, I watched Scarface again last night)

Thanks BBB, I will take a closer look at trading spreads as a useful addition to forex trading.

mheitkoe

35 2

JonnyT

2,560 22
Rubbish rubbish rubbish.

If you had taken the trades from www.mrci.com allowing for perfect trading then you would have made little or nothing over the past year...

JonnyT

BBB

Experienced member
1,071 3
What do you guys think of bpm4-ecm4 (daily)? Not doing much at the mo', but I think its gunna make a good move soon - one 2 watch....

Dont think you can cross margin in future fx spreads though? Could be wrong.

mheitkoe

35 2
Hi Jonny T.

I totally agree with you. I didn't say you should take their trades:

1.) The service is called Moore Research, an not Moore Trading.
Somewhere on their website they state that they "only" provide research, no trading advise."

2.) As they write in their Disclaimer:
... Even If A Seasonal Tendency Occurs In The Future, It May Not Result In A Profitable Transaction As Fees, And The Timing Of The Entry And Liquidation May Impact On The Results. No Representation Is Being Made That Any Account Has In The Past Or Will In The Future Achieve Profits Utilizing These Strategies." (From MRCI.COM)

3.) After all: wouldn't it be great? you just pay $30 per month and make thousands??? what a great deal! but that's not reality.

In my opinion:
MRCI offers a great RESEARCH service, and applying proper filter and money management techniques spreads ARE the most profitable way to trade.

Mike

bgold

Established member
532 5
mheitkoe,
I fully subscribe to your observations. MRCI provides very solid research but certainly no free-lunch. Thanks for the links to futures-spread-trading and good to read about the Joe Ross seminar. What is his reputation? Good value for money?

PS This thread started with Pork Bellies, coming back from easter break I see that trade has worked. Don't know what happened but PB's are down 3pts at 103. I am lowering stop to 103.8 aiming to lock in 2.3pts

BBB

Experienced member
1,071 3
This made me laarf -

I was looking at some stuff on the CME/CBOT site about their common clearing link. The official name for the Dow-S&P spread is the SPUD!

of course, you can also trade the mini SPUDs!
LOL

BBB

Experienced member
1,071 3
The SPUD is a spread.

I guess it stands for SandP Under Dow

I guess one can play with SPUDs until the cows come home. If you chart it, you can see there is money to be made. Must be careful on the ratio though when looking at spreading indicies off against eachother.

Who'd want to trade spoos when you can trade spuds?? CME also do Milk and butter futures. Its all making me hungry.

What will my equity curve be like if my portfolio consists of Pork Bellies, Spuds and milk?

Why can't I get veg futures so I have a balanced portfolio/diet? No wonder all these yanks have weight problems.

I want totrade beer futures. I could spread them off against vodka at 5:1

FetteredChinos

Veteren member
3,897 40
BBB fancy setting up a Beer Exchange?

where should we base it? Wigan? Manchester?

current quote for Stella 2.85-2.87 , John Smiths 1.50-1.52

any buyers?

JonnyT

2,560 22
Obviously BBB doesn't know what a spud can be equated to in Northern parts...

Playing with your Spud would get you into trouble were you caught in public...

JonnyT

BBB

Experienced member
1,071 3
Sorry Jonny - the Penny has dropped!!

FC - tough one. I'll sit that one out as both are puke. Gimme a pint of Timmy Taylors or Harveys Sussex... I'll be hitting the offers all the time.

Hmm this is thirsty work. Im off to the The Sloany Pony for a pint of Harvey's

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock