Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprises about soc and his trades then - just as I thought.
I hope that noone else was damaged by his utterances, although I have some concern for cyof, starspacer and watercooled if they are real people.

But did you say a 5 day ban Barjon ?
Why on earth would you want to allow a self-confessed liar and manipulator, one who insults others here on a daily basis, to come back ?

It must be a permanent irrevocable ban.

Glenn

Glenn said:
No surprises about soc and his trades then - just as I thought.
I hope that noone else was damaged by his utterances, although I have some concern for cyof, starspacer and watercooled if they are real people.

But did you say a 5 day ban Barjon ?
Why on earth would you want to allow a self-confessed liar and manipulator, one who insults others here on a daily basis, to come back ?

It must be a permanent irrevocable ban.

Glenn

Glenn

CYOF Its the third time he has been banned,. I thought the third time you was out.

I am not even remotely surprised. Of course the whole thing was a sham, bloody obvious it was. What makes me laugh is the black swan did not give soccy a chance. What typically happens is foolishness like that goes on forever before the hard hits come along. Not only is soccy imagining stuff but he is also very unlucky. Some people have everything going for them. lol

laptop/db

I think credo's earlier posts on this thread (this one for example) show that you might be doing him a disservice despite the shouting.

credo said:
Respect to Stoic and Profittaker and for that matter Socrates. A very engaging intellectual debate. Now lets see what we have here. We have the advocates of rationale trying to explain the actions of skill. The skill master is trying to articulate ie quantify in tangible terms the factors that contribute to ability. Nothing in life beats experience (except stamina - but thats a whole different topic) Socrates put his money where his mouth is and started out as I understand it with the premise the writer has the advantsge. The surgeon sets out knowing of his challenge. A friends mother in for varicose veins dies on the operating table - the surgeon ability and the risks were all in the favour of the patient - didn't work out. I dont recollect, but please do correct me as this has been a long long thread, Socrates saying that the writer has an overwhelming advantage. It may have been a marginal advantage.

er, yes sorry glenn - I gave 5 days to cyof 'cos of my general plea/warning post so I'd better stick with that for now. Should he re-appear then next infraction = permanent.

jon

barjon said:
laptop/db

I think credo's earlier posts on this thread (this one for example) show that you might be doing him a disservice despite the shouting.

jon

Possibly. But when someone signs on new, makes three posts, and makes demands by the third, it begins to sound like the same old multi-nick song.

As to Glenn's post, I believe he was referring to Albert. If so, I've wondered the same thing for several years now.

Db

VSATrader said:
I would like to know how many of you think that Socrates aka Albert Lebos makes a valuable contribution when posting? Yes or No will do.

Regards VSATrader

Well, other than to make one feel better about oneself due to the fact that one is not Albert Labos . . .

NO

YES.
I doubt anyone reading this thread is going to be too gung ho about writing anytime soon, so it's been a salutary lesson... just not quite the one intended.
FXScalper2 : Yes, in the normal course of events the good times could well have rolled for a long time yet - the timing was almost spot on.
Credo - I for one assumed your tongue was wedged in your cheek, perhaps others did too. You might not have the financial clout to follow this course, so 'edge' or not won't matter because you can't afford to trade it.

VSATrader said:
I would like to know how many of you think that Socrates aka Albert Lebos makes a valuable contribution when posting? Yes or No will do.

Regards VSATrader

I must say that Its a bit unfair to conduct such a poll right in the middle of his thread :LOL: and If I recall correctly I believe that Albert was voted by T2W members as most valuable contributor last year.

Now Im not defending Albert for one moment, his behaviour on this thread has been absolutely reprehensible, and in my opinion at least deserving of a permenant ban.

However, I do tend to agree with a lot of what he says, and some of the stuff he posts has occassionally led me to think about things from a different perspective, and you can't really ask for much more from a forum. On that basis, I think his contribution is valuable.

regards
zu

Split decision

contribution towards anything useful - No
contribution for entertainment value - Yes

VSATrader said:

Regards VSATrader

I find his posts interesting, amusing and not in the least bit useful.

I must say that Its a bit unfair to conduct such a poll right in the middle of his thread and If I recall correctly I believe that Albert was voted by T2W members as most valuable contributor last year.

You are correct but then how many voted in that section?? if only 60 members voted then it would be easy to sway the vote.

zupcon said:
I must say that Its a bit unfair to conduct such a poll right in the middle of his thread :LOL: and If I recall correctly I believe that Albert was voted by T2W members as most valuable contributor last year.

If you're referring to 2005, Albert won Most Amusing, a category not offered this past year.

Db

dc2000 said:
You are correct but then how many voted in that section?? if only 60 members voted then it would be easy to sway the vote.

Just checked the results of last years poll, and I was of course completely wrong. DB swept the boards for most valuable contributor, whilst Albert came 3rd in the most useful member category :-0

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=22959

I think we'd both agree that the results of surveys generally bear absolutely no relevence to reality :LOL: and that most people who are asked to express an opinion, are probably the least qualified to give an opinion :LOL:

I am interested in how you think the designers of the survey might have influenced the vote

regards
zu

Last edited:
zupcon said:

Now Im not defending Albert for one moment, his behaviour on this thread has been absolutely reprehensible, and in my opinion at least deserving of a permenant ban.

However, I do tend to agree with a lot of what he says, and some of the stuff he posts has occassionally led me to think about things from a different perspective, and you can't really ask for much more from a forum. On that basis, I think his contribution is valuable.

regards
zu

the problem you see, zup, is that sometimes for things to go forward it might require something that is, how shall I put it, out of the ordinary. In the history of science there have been outrageous crazy ideas and propositions, but some of them do bear into fruition.

The most tactful view, from where I am standing anyway, is to confine Socrates to the "blue skies" department. Nearly every research establishment has one, and such research is only done simply because mankind may never know if it might come in use.

But hang around later and I'll suggest something we could all do to remedy this situation for him, might take me a while to write it out though. . .

Zupcon,

“most people who are asked to express an opinion, are probably the least qualified”. I think this should be put to the vote but, to avoid any bias, restricted to those who are the least qualified.

Grant.

VSATrader said:

Regards VSATrader

This post is a disgrace. Just plain gutless. No other words to describe it. Why did you not have the guts to post whilst Albert was still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.