Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splitlink said:
In "The Way To Trade" by John Piper, Pitman Press, he suggests just that. But he says that Options are fraught with all sorts of dangers. In fact, he's put me off! :( I've said that I had tried it a long time ago, not very successfully, and these threads had got my interest started again, but, no, I think I'll pass.

Split

Split,

The CHOICE IS ALWAYS YOURS - ALWAYS HAS BEEN - ALWAYS WILL BE

BUT, remember, you, or no one else for that matter, can, or will, make a choice for anyone else.

I have gone to great depths to explain that the best way to make a choice, about anything in life, that will have an impact on what one gets in life, is, to, LOOK FOR TRUTHFUL INFORMATION IN RELATION TO THE SUBJECT MATTER IN QUESTION.

Now, the trades that Socrates and I are doing, are indeed TRUTHFUL.

We have told you all in advanace what we are going to trade.

We have even told you our desired fill price.

We then, have even told you, at what price we have been filled at.

We then then, have even even given you an update as to how some of the trades are progressing.

Do you want US to go and hold you hand, or maybe go and wipe your PC screen for YOU, as it appears that you can not see what we are posting :eek:

As for the remainder, if ye have nothing TRUTHFUL to say, and if ye persist in trying to create a FOG to mislead people, and mislead them in such a way that they will never act in their own best interests, then I have to inform ye that ye are indeed wasting your time.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YE THAT THE TRUTH CAN NEVER BE HIDDEN.

People will eventually see ye for what ye are, and the day will come when one brave member will step in and tell ALL what he/she really thinks of all of yere posts.

And when that happens, you just wait and see, the AVALANCHE will indeed gather speed, and ye will be covered so quickly, ye will not know what has hit ye.

I am given ye fair warning, for ye can always do the honourable think like ION, and admit that ye are nothing but INSPIRED.

Do not ever be afraid to admit you are wrong, I done it yesterday to Mr Charts, and I actually felt good in doing it :idea:

A brave man will admit when he is wrong, a cowardly man will continue to try and hide.

But, THE TRUTH will always prevail, and those that realise this have taken the first step to Trading Mastery, or mastering anything in life, for that matter - no other way.

Think about what I say before ye RESPOND again, and maybe it might just be in yere own best interests to write down the words and examine them in detail, before ye commit them to the public domain.

I am here to help ALL, no discrimination, so if any of ye fell that ye need to PM me, then please go ahead, for I will be only delighted to help a fellow man better himself.

Remember, in order to RECEIVE, one must first GIVE :idea:

A Dashing Blade said:
Yet we havn't had a denial . . . remember that he's been banned at least once for failing to deny . . .

Cad e sin.

An bhfuil tu AMADAIN.

Tar abhaile, agus isteach sa leaba :idea:

We have currently four trades running:~

They are as followe:~

5 June 6025 FTSE Index Puts @ written price 129.5 Trade A

5 June 6025 FTSE Index Puts @ written price 132 Trade B

2 Mar 5975 FTSE Index Puts @ written price 57 Trade C

2 Apr 5925 FTSE Index Puts @ written price 76 Tradfe D

SOCRATES said:
We have currently four trades running:~

They are as followe:~

5 June 6025 FTSE Index Puts @ written price 129.5 Trade A

5 June 6025 FTSE Index Puts @ written price 132 Trade B

2 Mar 5975 FTSE Index Puts @ written price 57 Trade C

2 Apr 5925 FTSE Index Puts @ written price 76 Tradfe D

Six actually - I think we should combine for this excercise, what do you think Socrates?

My trades are as follows:

3 Feb 6125 FTSE Index Puts @ written price 54 Trade E

3 Feb 6125 FTSE Index Puts @ written price 53 Trade F

CYOF said:
Six actually - I think we should combine for this excercise, what do you think Socrates?

It doesn't matter what he thinks, does it? ;)

CYOF

I think you'll find those are the trades of Bulldozer, same goes for Soc. It's got his stamp all over it - the size, strike, index market. What a pair of clowns you two really are, posting up bulldozers trades and calling it your own. Jesus.

Latest...Showing on your screens...

Trade B has just been closed.

...Closed 5 June 6025 FTSE Index 100 puts @ 122 for a profit of 10 points

= 5 X 10 X 10 = £500 less costs)

And...

Latest.....Showing on your screens...

Trade D has just been closed

Closed 2 Apr 5925 FTSE 100 Puts @ 60 for a profit of 16 points.

(2 X 10 X 16 = £320 less costs )

Profitaker said:
CYOF

I think you'll find those are the trades of Bulldozer, same goes for Soc. It's got his stamp all over it - the size, strike, index market. What a pair of clowns you two really are, posting up bulldozers trades and calling it your own. Jesus.
Before you used to say Bulldozer was a cretin and a plonker and a crackpot and I can't remember the whole selection of insults you used to level at him, and sitll do, both on this website and on his own, registering repeatedly under different nicks.

You call yourself a professional.

Your conduct is very far from professional.

I have made a point of contacting the head office of your previous employers in Paris and they flatly refuse to give a reference.

Now you yourself should curb your conduct and behave properly as I have said to you many times but you choose to ignore and continue with your disgusting behaviour, which for some warped reason inside your head, you seem to view as a virtue.

I will tell you publicly you are totally mistaken and only serve to aleniate yourself and to make yourself look stupid, infantile, jealous, destructive and ignorant.

Just grow up and learn to behave properly.

Now you are beginning to recognise Bulldozer is a genius, and an aggressive individual who does not suffer fools like you present yourself to him to be ....gladly.

Understand that I am not defending Bulldozers use of language, including MONKEYS, PEANUTS, BANANAS, FACES, and so on, but I do sympathise with him in having to struggle with dunces, because to have to struggle with dunces is the greatest punishment any thinking person can be sentenced to.

His failing is that he blows.

He loses his rag easily with Neanderthals like you , whereas I am very skiled at winding up idiots who incur my displeasure.

I can assure you no one of any significance cares on jot what your think or might think, complete and utter pillock you are.

CYOF said:

Closed 6 @ 32.5

Profit:

(54-32.5) = 21.5 x 3 x10 = £645

(53-32.5) = 20.5 x 3 x 10 = £615

Total Profit for Writing 6 Feb 6125 Puts for less than 1 day = £1,260 less commissions

PROFESSIONAL TRADING AT ITS BEST :D

CYOF said:

Yes, that is a good idea actually, you announce your closings and I announce mine, and the aggregate goes to show the writer has the edge of the buyer, as the idea you have is in harmony with the object of this thread, I agree to it.

Profitaker said:
CYOF

As a follow up to Socrates very observant post, I will add my little bit of TRUTH.

Splitlink said:
It doesn't matter what he thinks, does it? ;)

I am been courteous, in case you failed to notice.

Socrates did start the thread, and was doing this all by himself, but then, following a post by ZU, I decided to join and put my newly learned Bulldozer Techniques into action.

I will also use this post to reply to Profitaker, as it appears none of ye are going to take my advice, but, the choice is always yeres, so be it.

Profitaker, just stop and actually THINK for one minute.

Who is THE MASTER OPTIONS TRADER?

Who KNOWS how to beat the Market Makers at their own game?

Who trains people who are interested in learning how to trade Options for real profits?

Who is a DECENT BLOKE?

Now, just in case you need a little clue, he is a relation to a JCB, and I take it you know what a JCB is, or do you????

Of course the trades put on by Socrates and I are going to have hallmarks on them :idea:

In exactly the same way as my stock trading has all the hallmarks of DTU - 2 Day High /Low Breakout Trading using Sector Based Trading.

But then again, as you are BUT INSPIRED, you will continue to make a fool of yourself, but you can not say that I am not giving you guys ample warning, for whether you believe it or not, I am really here to help, and THE TRUTH is always THE TRUTH.

And what is more, there are many other members of the Platinum Lounge who are also placing these trades also - each and every day, IN FACT :idea:

So look and learn while you can - for they will soon be gone back into THE RAINBOW, and only those that know where to look, thanks to LouDean, my little magical friend, will be able to find the POT OF GOLD :idea:

SOCRATES said:
Yes, that is a good idea actually, you announce your closings and I announce mine, and the aggregate goes to show the writer has the edge of the buyer, as the idea you have is in harmony with the object of this thread, I agree to it.

Thank you my good friend, but remember, THE RAINBOW only lasts for a certain length of time.

We must not push LouDean - for Siberia is indeed COLD. :LOL:

Let the REAL GAME resume.

Regards,

CYOF said:
Split,

The CHOICE IS ALWAYS YOURS - ALWAYS HAS BEEN - ALWAYS WILL BE

BUT, remember, you, or no one else for that matter, can, or will, make a choice for anyone else.

I have gone to great depths to explain that the best way to make a choice, about anything in life, that will have an impact on what one gets in life, is, to, LOOK FOR TRUTHFUL INFORMATION IN RELATION TO THE SUBJECT MATTER IN QUESTION.

Now, the trades that Socrates and I are doing, are indeed TRUTHFUL.

We have told you all in advanace what we are going to trade.

We have even told you our desired fill price.

We then, have even told you, at what price we have been filled at.

We then then, have even even given you an update as to how some of the trades are progressing.

Do you want US to go and hold you hand, or maybe go and wipe your PC screen for YOU, as it appears that you can not see what we are posting :eek:

As for the remainder, if ye have nothing TRUTHFUL to say, and if ye persist in trying to create a FOG to mislead people, and mislead them in such a way that they will never act in their own best interests, then I have to inform ye that ye are indeed wasting your time.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YE THAT THE TRUTH CAN NEVER BE HIDDEN.

People will eventually see ye for what ye are, and the day will come when one brave member will step in and tell ALL what he/she really thinks of all of yere posts.

And when that happens, you just wait and see, the AVALANCHE will indeed gather speed, and ye will be covered so quickly, ye will not know what has hit ye.

I am given ye fair warning, for ye can always do the honourable think like ION, and admit that ye are nothing but INSPIRED.

Do not ever be afraid to admit you are wrong, I done it yesterday to Mr Charts, and I actually felt good in doing it :idea:

A brave man will admit when he is wrong, a cowardly man will continue to try and hide.

But, THE TRUTH will always prevail, and those that realise this have taken the first step to Trading Mastery, or mastering anything in life, for that matter - no other way.

Think about what I say before ye RESPOND again, and maybe it might just be in yere own best interests to write down the words and examine them in detail, before ye commit them to the public domain.

I am here to help ALL, no discrimination, so if any of ye fell that ye need to PM me, then please go ahead, for I will be only delighted to help a fellow man better himself.

Remember, in order to RECEIVE, one must first GIVE :idea:

HEY HEY must say this is a MUST read!!!
Good 4 trading psychology

Marwan2010 said:

Yes my good friend - but it is normal practice here for any threads of REAL value to be sent to a place where it clearly states that this place has "absolutely nothing to do with trading".

Try and figure THAT ONE OUT :idea:

I have some important issues to attend to, and as I am not a greedy little fellow, thanks to LouDean and Quasimodo, I may, or may not, place any trades today.

But, as this is Socrates thread, and I am but a participant, the same as anyone else, please do feel free to join in and post the answer to the question:

WHO DO YOU NOW THINK HAS THE ADVANTAGE - THE WRITER or the buyer :cheesy:

Regards,

QUESTION PLEASE SOCRATES

(Apologies for shouting, but a lot of noise on these threads :))

I don't understand how this proves writers have the edge, since you'd have made similar money buying the calls yesterday. If you're effectively day-trading based on a view of how the market will move, then the time-decay on buying options, particularly those a few months out, is largely irrelevant.

I thought the idea was to hold the short puts position for a decent length of time and show how the value holds up compared to OTM calls. Not sure what this exercise proves other than you made a good call on the market direction yesterday (which in itself is obviously a good thing!) - just that there would have been lots of ways to have made a few hundred quid to exploit that - eg buying 5 FTSE futures yesterday at about the time you made your trade would have made £2500 over the same time-frame.

Last edited:
Jack o'Clubs said:
QUESTION PLEASE SOCRATES

I don't understand how this proves writers have the edge, since you'd have made similar money buying the calls yesterday. If you're effectively day-trading based on a view of how the market will move, then the time-decay on buying options, particularly those a few months out, is largely irrelevant.

I thought the idea was to hold the short puts position for a decent length of time and show how the value holds up compared to OTM calls. Not sure what this exercise proves other than you made a good call on the market direction yesterday (which in itself is obviously a good thing!) - just that there would have been lots of ways to have made a few hundred quid to exploit that - eg buying 5 FTSE futures yesterday at about the time you made your trade would have made £2500.

I am sure that Socrates will respond to you IN FULL, but I will add my little bit of TRUTH.

You have only been given A GLIMPSE :cheesy:

Remember - the Elite3.4S is not imaginary, far from it ACTUALLY :idea:

Marwan2010 said:
Since this is your first post on this thread first of all I am going to ask you please to vote, as to whether in your view, the Writer or the Buyer has the edge in options.

Secondly this thread, strictly speaking is not about psychology, it is about proving a point, the point being that a skilled trader always has an edge, and that this edge can me effectivley maximaised further when the odds are in his favour, the argument being that the buyer has only 1 chance in 3 at most at being succesful, whereas the writer can be shown to have 3 chances our of 4 at being successful, so.....leaving the skill element out of the equation, the raw odds speak for themselves, u c ?

Here I am going to show conclusively and I am going to prove my point, through a series of positive trades, that the Writer has the edge and not the Buyer, that the Writer has the ultimate edge.

The psychology element is different with regard to option writing as opposed to ordinary trading because of the use of time. The use of time in option writing is different to ordinary trading, because the use of time is the key, and therefore requires patience, good judgement, and timely execution.

As an aside there is also another psychological consideration.....ha ha ha...and that is that it serves to wind up detractors no end, and, if you have followed my posts on many threads, you will find that anyone who dares to engage me with disrespect is rewarded multiply for his transgressions.

Therefore, as you show an interest in psychology (which is an explanation for human behaviour really) you will find that each and every person will be rewarded according to his own greatest achievement.

Jack o'Clubs said:
QUESTION PLEASE SOCRATES

I thought the idea was to hold the short puts position for a decent length of time and show how the value holds up compared to OTM calls. Not sure what this exercise proves other than you made a good call on the market direction yesterday (which in itself is obviously a good thing!) - just that there would have been lots of ways to have made a few hundred quid to exploit that - eg buying 5 FTSE futures yesterday at about the time you made your trade would have made £2500 over the same time-frame.
Several years ago, when I was on the floor of the LSE, I befriended a Jobber of many years of experience. He gave me some advice I have always used. He told me that profits in some scenarios are like treasure on the sea shore. As there are repeated waves coming in and out, you dont have to stand there and see your treasure being swept away by one single wave. There is nothing wrong with snatching a profit between incoming waves, because after all, the appearance of repeated waves is the very essence of market action. The skill lies in correctly identifying that very specific scenario, which is a very different one to the tide itself coming in or out. That is what I have just done, and the reason why I snatched a profit. Now we have to wait for the next wave and prudently see what next develops.

Thanks Socrates, I understand that and I'm not criticising. What this thread demonstrates to me is that you have an edge - ie a good call on market direction, but it doesn't demonstrate that writers have the edge (which is the point of thread), because you'd have made similar money buying calls yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.