Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
counter_violent said:
He would'nt answer my queries two years ago .........I doubt he will answer yours now ...

He has placed a symbol under his name for all to see. However, he cannot answer my question, why he likes this symbol and what he thinks it means. This should be an easy question for him.

SOCS is trying to be a somebody. All he wants is, to look smart in front of other's. He problely got bullied at School or he wanted to be somebody, "He new he could never become."

People with to much time on their hands are very good at writing fantasies and very good story tellers..

Are they not!

Laptop

I would broadly go along with what you say, namely that he's had a less than successful life and seeks to live out his fantasies on these boards. I can't help but feel sorry for him.

It's interesting that you have cornered him over a non-trading related issue. His silence is deafening.

SOCRATES said:
I am not accusing you of anything PK...I am simply mystified as to what exactly you expect of me. I cannot be you. I cannot be you for you. You have to develop yourself. Self development is the key to successful consistent trading performance.

To do this, everything has to be understood at once, at a glance....it is a sort of "flash multitasking and cognition" that has to be done. Many people try this and cannot do it.

What do you want me to do ? I can do it. There are a handful of traders on this website who can do it who have found their own routes, My crew have all been hand trained by me over years of mentoring to be able to do it, and they are the few, distilled from hundreds of aspirants. When someone appears, he or she does not carry a label on the forehead to show suitability for this profession. So this is not for the great majority, but only for a small minority, but I have given up with the public and that is why I am not prepared to teach, to give "lessons". That is why I only present the facts, and that is it,

This is the reason I often state that in the end analysis, traders are born and not made.
1: Your reply has what exactly to do with the writers having the edge? Please do stay on topic, as you admonish others to do so often.
2: Please do point out where I have ever asked you to be me? Again you start waffling about things I have never brought up. Why is that?
3: You know that traders are not born. You even admitted in another thread that what you really mean by that statement is some will find it easier to become traders than others will due to their personality. That is entirely differently to the idea that only a select few, chosen at birth, will be able to succeed in this business. You only persist with the idea of born not made because it feeds your ego.

So if you have anything further to say on the issue of proof that the writer has the edge I would be genuinely interested to hear it. If you are simply going to waffle on about things I have never raised or mentioned then don't bother replying anymore.

Cheers,
PKFFW

PKFFW said:
1: Your reply has what exactly to do with the writers having the edge? Please do stay on topic, as you admonish others to do so often.
2: Please do point out where I have ever asked you to be me? Again you start waffling about things I have never brought up. Why is that?
3: You know that traders are not born. You even admitted in another thread that what you really mean by that statement is some will find it easier to become traders than others will due to their personality. That is entirely differently to the idea that only a select few, chosen at birth, will be able to succeed in this business. You only persist with the idea of born not made because it feeds your ego.

So if you have anything further to say on the issue of proof that the writer has the edge I would be genuinely interested to hear it. If you are simply going to waffle on about things I have never raised or mentioned then don't bother replying anymore.

Cheers,
PKFFW
Look....I am at my wits end with you (TIC).......:LOL: ........and ...I have tried to explain things clearly to you without hurting your feelings.......:rolleyes: ........but it seems that everything I explain is either misinterpreted or misunderstood...just like Profitaker does....so in my desperation I have telephoned Bulldozer...and made him promise to keep the monkey nuts and banans and the horns in the groin out of it...and for him to help me to find a way to explain things to you once and for all.

Now Bulldozer is less diplomatic than I am....Bully does not do diplomacy at all....it is not in his vocabulary....you must uderstand this....he just gets to the point and that's it.

Now Bully explains...and if he were here he would explain it himself ...using horns in the groin and monkey nuts and bananas to illustrate his point....that all of this is about brains.

He explains and he agrees with me about traders being born and not made.

Before you explode...let me continue, right ?

He says you and Profitaker are the same.....he says both of you have the brains in the wrong place....at the opposite end of the anatomy in which brains ought to be.

He says traders are born and the reason he says is because they have the brains in the right place and not in the wrong place. He says you have to be born like that. He says....

He also explains that writers have the edge because they take money from buyers.

He goes on to elaborate, in his own inimitable way.....and at this moment I had to calm him down a bit...he elaborates that....writers have the edge because they collect money from the buyers they don't give it to the buyers...they get it from the buyers instead....:rolleyes:

He also explains....and I must say he did this very well....he explains that skilled writers alternate.:cool:

He explains first that skilled writers take money from the buyers until the buyers have no more money because they have lost it buying puts....then....they turn their attention to taking money from the other buyers who have bought calls until they have no more money...and then they extract all the money from these and then turn their attention to the others...which I think and you must admit is a very good explanation.:confused:

And he elaborates that because the buyers have the brains in the wrong place and the writers have the brains in the right place then the writers have the edge...they have to....and that that is the proof.

Now how many times does it have to be explained to be understood ?

SOCRATES said:
writers have the edge because they collect money from the buyers they don't give it to the buyers...they get it from the buyers instead....:rolleyes:

the buyers have the brains in the wrong place and the writers have the brains in the right place then the writers have the edge...they have to....and that that is the proof.

How could anyone possibly argue with logic such as that !.

Whenever I read anything by Bulldozer Im reminded of the following quote by Heinrich Heine

Ordinarily he was insane, but he had lucid moments when he was merely stupid.

:LOL:

zupcon said:
How could anyone possibly argue with logic such as that !.

Whenever I read anything by Bulldozer Im reminded of the following quote by Heinrich Heine

Ordinarily he was insane, but he had lucid moments when he was merely stupid.

:LOL:
Yes....Zupcon....but what you have not yet grabbed....it suits the requirement admireably...:LOL: ....Watch it ! ....The Great Neanderthal from across the pond is looking ! ....:LOL:
Stand by for a naff pronouncement any second now .....:LOL:

linesniffer said:
So buyers of options are the dumb money?

Feared of thier own proficiency?

Uncertain of thier expectancy?

And to top it all off...

Have no real eye for the markets?
Here we go.....this has the makings of a corker of an evening....:LOL:

What do you expect now, linesniffer, lessons ?

I will keep it brief.

85% or more of all options expire worthless. What does that tell you ?

The writer has 3 chances out of 4 of getting it right. What does that tell you ?

And...

The buyer has 1 chance in 3 of getting it right. So....what does that tell you as well ?

linesniffer said:
I totally agree with what you are saying, Socs.
Well, there you are then.

As Pod G says :~ he says lots of things but two come to mind...

"If you do not understand this....you ought not to be trading really....because it is obvious...isn't it ?"......." Yes it is...."..."well then...."....:LOL:

and

"All of it is obvious...all of it....screaming at you it is....screaming at you !..."....:LOL:

linesniffer said:
Thanks, PT.

Google doesn't distort fact to suit it's own means.

Google doesn't evade questions.

This thread will teach a person absolutely sweet FA about options.

Google will teach a person.
Here we go again....

Haven't I told you before this is not a classroom ?

Haven't I made it clear many times ?

Go and ask Google and get Google to teach you, (but don't forget Google is not a person, but an inanimate entity.....:rolleyes: ...)and while you are at it, take Profitaker Monkey with you please, there's a good chap....:LOL:

SOCRATES said:
Who is next ?

Hi Socrates,

I'll take my chances. Could you explain more about intuitive trading? There are are myriad of articles that explain ways of developing a mechanical strategy (Which I know you detest). But how does a trader develop or hone intuitive ability?

Thanks

SOCRATES said:
And that's all for tonight folks.
I think you well and truly socked them tonight :LOL:

Perhaps they are at the other end of your trades :D

Happy trading all,

starspacer

starspacer said:
I think you well and truly socked them tonight :LOL:

Perhaps they are at the other end of your trades :D

Happy trading all,

starspacer

yes, I believe in Soc's own world, he truly believe's he has. But who's really laughing at who? :cool:

UTB

Status
Not open for further replies.