Pivot trading

Have you googled it?......that should keep,you busy for the next 3 years

N

That's why I asked the question to start off with. There's so much stuff out there but there's a lot of crap and a lot of sales people....

Hi everyone,

anyone got any tips on pivot trading, setups etc?

Thanks,

Rob

I love PPs. Used with Fib levels, they identify key areas or R/S.

So they effectively become entry and exit targets.

I like pivots as a general guide, however, just because price rarely exceed S3 or R3 does not make that useful in any way whatsoever. If you are shorting a trend day then will still lose money regardless as it usually closes near high of day, does not matter if it got to R3.

I want my pivots to change throughout the day, this would imo give far better prediction of potential range.

I have been experimenting with the previous day's results.
It seems better to draw the line from previous day's high and low to current high and low .

Last edited:
Pivots

Hi All,

Part of one of my strategy:) is trading Pivot to pivot. I am looking for Floor Pivots with 50% levels for NT8 if anyone could rec-emend that would be fantastic :)

Pivot points were originally developed by floor traders in the equity and commodity exchanges. They are calculated based on the high, low and closing prices of previous trading sessions, and they are used by traders to predict support and resistance levels in the current or upcoming session