Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
all looking a bit dull till the US markets open, going to have a break

trades 2

1 scratched for +0

1 winner +35 full points

did not have my levels on it but Gold was a nice short with the price action if you were brave enough to short it

gold.gif

porcel do you use SmartLive Markets ? how do you find them ? (there are a few unhappy people over on the SLM thread on here complaining about re-quotes)

porcel do you use SmartLive Markets ? how do you find them ? (there are a few unhappy people over on the SLM thread on here complaining about re-quotes)

terrible for re-quotes yes but that seems to be down to the metatrader platform i think, they have there advantages and disadvantages so you have to weight it up for yourself, i tend to use opening and closing orders so re-quotes not much of a problem and i try not to trade around news events

i use a few different platforms and the best one is capitalspreads i feel for overall reliability

missed a trade on the cac40, worldspreads platform playing up

kept on trying to get it on and kept on getting rejected should have move on to another but such is hindsight

cac.gif

nothing more from me today cant get a trade

2 trades today

+35 full points

see you tomorrow

morning, not had a great night sleep here in london due to the riots, need to go out for a few hours this morning so will be watching the market from about 12 onwards

Keep your head down pocrel.

Been trading 4hr pins last 2-3 weeks and doing well, 1:2 r:r easily achievable during such recent volatility, but prices moving so fast means stops and target limit orders essential. Finding with-trend pins far more dependable - though the potential reversal pin bars always look dramatic, they mostly fail to follow through.

thanks tomorton and well done on your success please feel free to post a few 4hr charts to kive people an idea who might want to look for something a bit slower , cant see anything at the moment be back in a few hours need to pop out

Thanks pocrel. I will do that but I don't want to hijack your thread.

Will have a look at saving and uploading charts later (these from SB platform tick charts so not sure how yet) but meantime can report did OK yesterday with short of FTSE based on 0700hrs 4hr bar, and overnight long on Gold, based on 1900hrs bar, obvious stuff really.

Will have a look at saving and uploading charts later (these from SB platform tick charts so not sure how yet) but meantime can report did OK yesterday with short of FTSE based on 0700hrs 4hr bar, and overnight long on Gold, based on 1900hrs bar, obvious stuff really.

Try downloading and installing this tomorton: http://getgreenshot.org/

You can capture any portion of the visible screen, do some simple editing like adding text or lines, and save it ready for uploading. Very useful and free.

Hi Tomorton, are u trading off pivots? Also interested to see charts, I don't see a 1900h pin bar on my 4hr SML chart last evening.

Hi Tomorton, are u trading off pivots? Also interested to see charts, I don't see a 1900h pin bar on my 4hr SML chart last evening.

Not using pivots, just pin bar pattern. Traded this off 4hr bar but 1800 1hr bar shows a good pin as well, though it's nose was cut by 1pt by the low of the 2000hrs bar. Will see aobout loading a chart later.

Right back watching the market FOMC meeting today so hopefully we will get a bit of action before that as it might go quiet pretty quickly before hand

still hanging in there on this usdjpy came with in a .02 of a pip to been stopped just luck really, will leave it ride till bout 7 and see where we are at that time