so + 8 full points

summary of the day:

3 trades

+7 full points

sorry but the s and p made me the points so i am done for the day folks

here is the chart i got an entry on the retrace of the pin

s and p
s and p.gif

When you say retrace of the pin, do you mean the pin broke but price went back inside the pin and you took an entry from there? In other words, even though price fell back again, because the pin broke earlier the trade is still valid? I don't mean to sound stupid just wanted some clarification.

There were a couple of nice trades on the S&P this evening see chart attached.(y)

Attachments

• pic4.gif
    pic4.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 177
BRENT, such a close call this morning regretting it already :cry:

chart
View attachment 110026

Just wanted to talk about position sizing, with brent i would have only put on half a position due to the size of the stop this is key to been profitable in this game, you really need to workout how much you willing to risk on anyone trade, i recommend between 1 to 3 % max of your account

and this helps answer a question yesterday also, you could wait for the pin to be broken and then buy on a retrace of the pin, the pin has to be broken then price reverses down the pin and you get a lower risk entry, your stop is tighter and you will get a better risk/reward. The only problem is you may not get the reversal and miss the trade, sometimes price is so close to the entry on the next bar you miss the entry and all you can do is hope price reverses a little so you can better entry.

Cable,

not taking trade beacuse

1/ daily range nearly made so not much room to move up
2/ indicator not looking great

chart
cable.gif

Cable,

not taking trade beacuse

1/ daily range nearly made so not much room to move up
Good commentary. Are you talking about the fact that its at R2 already?
I thought cable averages around 250 pips a day? Or do you mean its already moved its average for the London session?
Sorry, new at this so I might be asking too many questions!

sorry actually going to cancel the trade due to my auto pivots slightly off

so out of cable -2

here is the chart with my auto pivot level
cable.gif

which is where i took the trade, when its this close i usually always check livecharts, this time i did nt and only checked after entry

here is where its is on live charts
cable1.gif

few pips in it but its just not right for me now, sorry i am very picky :D

sorry charts are wrong way around

Last edited:
I did take the cable trade off my pivots (as as your autopivots). Based on my limited experience I pay more attention to the bar than the pivot (I look at that as levels as opposed to a specific point)...lets hope I dont pay for it!