Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I spotted that, but is it a pin? I have not entered. My definition is that it must close inside the shadow of the previous bar.

if you put your hand over one eye and blink quickly it might look right :D

no its very tight and i have not had much else this morning, risk reward is 1 to 1 and if it goes wrong its a small loss

short is on

but ranges very tight on this

chart
View attachment 108220

sorry chart was a bit crunched up might look more clearer here

ftse chart
ftse.gif

Hi Pocrel

Thanks for sharing this, really like it and will be trying to follow when I can this week.

Just been scanning the charts, can you confirm that this would have been a valid trade on EURJPN earlier.

Thanks Again
JOHN

Attachments

• EURJPN.jpg
    EURJPN.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Hi Porcel

Thanks for sharing this, really like it and will be trying to follow when I can this week.

Just been scanning the charts, can you confirm that this would have been a valid trade on EURJPN earlier.

Thanks Again
JOHN

hi John

i was disappointed when i i aw your name was JOHN i thought i had the legend snooker player Jimmy White here :) only kidding cheers for the chart and the kind works

as for your chart i just want to bring up the bar chart on this too
eurjpy.gif

for me the close could have been a little bit more positive but it looks like a decent enough bar, this is again an example of a judgement bar and i think an automated system would not have picked it up, looking at where the bar took a bounce was off a previous support area so i think that could have given you another tick to take the trade

reason why i did nt take the trade was the close of the bar, and also trying to stay away from the yen for the time being due to intervention

Hope you don't mind a few questions and queries as I get my head around things.

Wouldn't this have been a buy in oil a couple of bars later ?

Attachments

• WTI Oil.jpg
    WTI Oil.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 212
Hope you don't mind a few questions and queries as I get my head around things.

Wouldn't this have been a buy in oil a couple of bars later ?

john here is the bar on a bar chart

how does it look to you on this?
oil.gif

To my (inexperienced) eyes it looks like a Pin and the indicator also picks it up as a Pin. I need to keep watching your alerts to get an understanding of the candles that you recognise as Pins. You seem to be very good at picking good candidates.

To my (inexperienced) eyes it looks like a Pin and the indicator also picks it up as a Pin. I need to keep watching your alerts to get an understanding of the candles that you recognise as Pins. You seem to be very good at picking good candidates.

for me the close of the bar needs to be stronger especially as we are going long

there is a big gap between the open and close

some bars are going to be a personal judgement call, i am afraid not everything in trading is simple and its a challenge everyday even every trade :)

markets are dead, going to have a break

cac order cancelled now

total: 1 trade

+10 full points

AUDCAD made a pin like candle below the pivot on my chart. But might be worth a look

AUDCAD made a pin like candle below the pivot on my chart. But might be worth a look

not really seeing isatrader please feel free to point it out on a chart

the only other trade around which i missed was

cable
cable.gif

i am done now for the day

Total :

1 trade

+10 Full Points

Maybe isatrader means this one. I took it, nice easy trade:D

Attachments

• aud cad.JPG
    aud cad.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 235
not really seeing isatrader please feel free to point it out on a chart

Ok, it doesn't fit your rules as it was below the pivot I have at 1.0026, but it made the pin off the whole number support and is around the pivot level now. See what you think? I calculated the pivot manually so might be different to yours.

Attachments

• AUDCAD.png
    AUDCAD.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 219