trade alert : dax short order pending 6571.7

not the perfect bar but not far off, this is a difficult call for me

chart
dax.gif

ok both Gold and Dax trades are on

i am long gold and short the dax

Ftse and CAC are trade alerts short

i will not take them as i am already in dax short

Hi Pocrel, why wasn't the candle 4 back from the one you entered on valid? Looks a much more typical pinbar.

Hi Dubai, the candle is actually sitting under the Daily pivot line both the open and close are under so not a valid signal

its a great example of a pin bar but it needs to look more positive on the Pivot Point

gold just completed the trade, i should have held the second position but it never easy in the heat of the battle, dax continues down too

gold.gif

i just want to point out this bar that has just closed on the FTSE

earlier i mentioned that some bars are a judgement call

and for me this is one off them,

reasons:

1/ open is above close
2/close is just below pivot line
3/ bearish looking

so for these reasons i will leave it
ftse.gif

my god just listening to the news and 50 people fighting the 6 reactors in japan, they have shortened there lives and may face death soon what brave people

gold just completed the trade, i should have held the second position but it never easy in the heat of the battle, dax continues down too

View attachment 106322

Confused a little, Porcrel. You mention this as one of your rules:

3/Entry is 1 point above or below the pin in direction of the pin

The direction of the gold pin is a sell yet you entered long?

Confused a little, Porcrel. You mention this as one of your rules:

3/Entry is 1 point above or below the pin in direction of the pin

The direction of the gold pin is a sell yet you entered long?

the gold pin is a long Dubai, we are always trading in the direction away from the body of the pin

so price opens, moves down and closes either very close to the open, right on the open or a little bit above the open

the tails is cutting the pivot point and the open and close are above the pivot point so we are going long

Hello, do you use a pivot indicator on MT4 to help plot the pivot lines? Or do you adjust them all manually according to the info given on livecharts.co.uk?

Many thanks,

Pi

Hello, do you use a pivot indicator on MT4 to help plot the pivot lines? Or do you adjust them all manually according to the info given on livecharts.co.uk?

Many thanks,

Pi

hi Pi,

i manually input all the levels, on the index charts and oil and gold

reason being is that i trade the cash market pivot point and my broker moves on to futures prices after the cash market closes so i have not found a pivot indicator that will plot the correct closing prices for me

when it come to currencies there are plenty of automatic pivot points calculators which can been found all over the net, they are very reliable and there maybe only a pip or to difference with them, if you need help in finding one let me know

cheers

patrick

Hi Patrick,

I think I actually have the same pivot indicator as you (the colours on the screen seem to match anyway). I just wondered why my pivots on the DAX where different to yours and then realised the mistake I'd made when I read your point about the cash/futures markets. Thanks very much for pointing that out to me (I can't believe I didn't pick this point up before eek!)

Pi

ok so we are just coming up to the us market open so please leave any index setups till we get to 2pm as the us markets will take over now