Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
looking bullish

higher highs lower lows

i would be looking to short it at the daily pivot

but it all depends on the price action there, its also at 38.2 fib level so we might get a reaction but thats for another day

This is what i was expecting to happen with cable, a reversal at the 38.2 and confluence with the daily pivot, good for a few points if you like scalping

i did not get a trigger bar but if i had i would be short cable now

chart
cable.gif

Gold and silver pivots correct on oingold.com this morning so please enter those levels forget livecharts

I know this is not in the rules-I haven't taken it-but a nice pin bouncing off the 00 level here:
Eur/Usd having trouble uploading charts here!

Last edited:
Porcel, Given that we expect, or hope, for a fairly rapid movement after our entry, how long would you generally expect to keep a pin bar trade open if the market started moving sideways?

Porcel, Given that we expect, or hope, for a fairly rapid movement after our entry, how long would you generally expect to keep a pin bar trade open if the market started moving sideways?

thats is purely a judgement call, perhaps there is a up coming news event so i would just close it

really if after Three 30min bars and we have gone nowhere i would just close out and move on to something else

but you could just let every trade play out, it will eventually one way or another and alot of times it does in our direction and i regret it but thats trading

I would keep faith and give it time (if it has triggered). I closed EURJPY yesterday afternoon after it went sideways for ages. Obviously it then moved nicely in the right direction. :eek:

You are right though that the pins generally signify a sort of decision in the markets so if they do stall it kind of nullifies the reason for entry.