Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it feels like us against the machines and yesterday the machines won by 200 points ouch :)

thanks again Mata Nui

i will run it and have a look, how is it getting on today the system did it pick out the dax and cac trades? what is the report on the pivots saying? or are you calculating the pivots from the daily bars? which wont give u the right levels for the index trades

i notice the currency trades worked correct on my broker yesterday so thats good but my brokers autopivot works very well and is usually correct where as i have seen other broker miles out (this is going to give everyone different results on backtesting)

everyone who is running needs to check todays pivot levels against the journal and also mark down a few previous days levels to ensure they are correct otherwise your trades wont be correct

Index pivots are miles off today. FX seems to be working really well although backtesting according the the rules isnt very profitable. I am not saying The EA isnt profitable. In fact using on 15mins according to the rules is profitable on most of the pairs i have tried so far. Optimizing on 15 mins shows gains of over 90% in EURUSD, Over 100% on USDCAD and 25% on AUDUSD and EURJPY. (not that i think we would realistically get that but i dont think we would make a loss at all). Both BRENT and WTI are profitable on 30 and 15 mins using the rules even with the messed up pivots so i really think we are on to something.

Today i am going to work on the Pivots for index and commodities so we can get proper backtest results. I cant spend too much more time on this though as i was already behind on work for paying customers.

Where do you get your wti and brent pivots? I see oilngold just says crude.

Index pivots are miles off today. FX seems to be working really well although backtesting according the the rules isnt very profitable. I am not saying The EA isnt profitable. In fact using on 15mins according to the rules is profitable on most of the pairs i have tried so far. Optimizing on 15 mins shows gains of over 90% in EURUSD, Over 100% on USDCAD and 25% on AUDUSD and EURJPY. (not that i think we would realistically get that but i dont think we would make a loss at all). Both BRENT and WTI are profitable on 30 and 15 mins using the rules even with the messed up pivots so i really think we are on to something.

Today i am going to work on the Pivots for index and commodities so we can get proper backtest results. I cant spend too much more time on this though as i was already behind on work for paying customers.

Where do you get your wti and brent pivots? I see oilngold just says crude.

brent is on livecharts, so is gold

gold and silver on oil n gold they seem to be correct there more so than livecharts

i am unable to get the Ea working correctly on currencies so i cant give my opinion on it, but visusally on a day to day basis i will give my anlysis on what i think the EA should have picked up and if it made a profit or not then people can chaeck it again the actual EA if they have it running

thanks for your hard work bud and please do not let this get in the way of the paying job

thanks

patrick

short order pending euro

long order pending on dax

euro breaking up order cancelled

dax chart

dax.gif

Hi Mata, will look over them at the weekend and report back. Last time I checked oil was best performing.

I dont have MT4 but while you are backtesting/optimizing, try it on a liquid stock (like apple for eg). The reason I say this is because on stocks there is no confusion on where the pivots are. Every package with any broker should give you identical pivots whereas this is clearly not the case with fx/indices/futures.

euro breaking up order cancelled

dax chart

View attachment 113898
Hi Pocrel, great thread & very generous of you to give up yr time to share & help with this.
I notice Dax pin on yr chart is on R1 7466.3. However my R1, copied from todays LiveCharts is at 7473.01 (DP 7414.89) & I am puzzed by the difference as I believe you use LiveChart levels for Indices.
Cheers, Geoff

Hi Pocrel, great thread & very generous of you to give up yr time to share & help with this.
I notice Dax pin on yr chart is on R1 7466.3. However my R1, copied from todays LiveCharts is at 7473.01 (DP 7414.89) & I am puzzed by the difference as I believe you use LiveChart levels for Indices.
Cheers, Geoff

hi Geoff

thank you for pointing that out i entered the close as 7433.95 instead of 7443.95

silly me, you can always get a figure wrong

thaanks again for points that out and well done for picking up on it

cheers

patric

hi Geoff

thank you for pointing that out i entered the close as 7433.95 instead of 7443.95

silly me, you can always get a figure wrong

thaanks again for points that out and well done for picking up on it

cheers

patric

here is the right levels on the dax chart now and as we can see no valid trades

thanks to Geoff

chart

dax.gif

The brent levels seem off on live charts today so becareful if you trade this not sure where they are getting the figures from, please comapre them to your charts they bare no realtion to mine could be they are using a new month (contract)

The brent levels seem off on live charts today so becareful if you trade this not sure where they are getting the figures from, please comapre them to your charts they bare no realtion to mine could be they are using a new month (contract)

June Brent does expire today according to my calander.

June Brent does expire today according to my calander.

yes we have moved on to the july contract so that is the reason always gets a little distorted due to this, will settle down after the contract expires and we will get the correct figures back, i would just enter the figures from your own chart

high low close

taking + 6 on eurusd

major US news out soon

been a bad morning over the dax lines been drawn incorrectly, 2 trades on that which were not valid due to my error (could have been much worse like gold on monday)

total 3 trades

-1 full points

I dont think its going to be possible to get accurate auto pivots for commodities (i will test index in a bit).
Obviously to auto generate the pivot values i need to get the open, close, high and low from the prev day (market hours). So in theory i should be able to look at livecharts, get these values and find them on an hourly chart of yesterday. This isnt working and i bet your charts are different again. An example

SLM Livecharts (WTI)
Open 98.95 99.06
Close 98.95 98.97
High 100.44 100.48
Low 95.23 95.24

This is assuming WTI markrt times that pivots are calculated at are 00.00 GMT to 21.00 gmt. If anyone can correct these times please let me know.

[edit] The format of the little chart above is messed but you get the idea.