Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unlucky mate these things can happen in a fast moving market, make sure you always add 1 pip plus the spread for entry long

no need to add the spread short just -1 pip

Again it looks like playing the loss would have recovered my losses.

Did anyone take the WTI trade?

what a beauty 1 to 1 around now for nearly 100 points

chart
wti.gif

Looking a little bit slow today,

just wanted to do a summary of live points i made :

Week 1: 9 trades +122 points

Week 2 : 9 trades +56.5 points

Week 3 : 4 trades +69.5 points

Week 4 : 6 trades +65.5 points

Trades: 28 total points : +313.5

i hope thats right just looked back over the journal as my log is month on month and this is half a month to half a month

On call for work so not sure if i will get another trade today will have to wait and see

just want to give my monthly round up of live points i made

Week 5: 10 trades +40.5

Week 6: 2 trades +6.5 (half a week)

Week 7: Holidays no trading

Week 8: 8 trades +12.5

Week 9: 19 trades +48

Trades: 39 Total Points: +107.5

Has anyone tried to optimize the EA at all? I am running an optimization on EUR/USD (15 min though, manual method is great on 30 mins but the EA looks to be performing better on 15. Lower risk maybe) and although its got a long way to go its easily profitable.

I only optimize month by month (dont believe in the 10 yr crap) so this is April to current. Just wondering if anyone has had a go. I will post a couple of optimization sets once its done for people to test and confirm (or otherwise) what i am getting.

Hey Mata,

Thanks for pointing out I had it set as isfx-false. It must have reverted when I reset the settings and I forgot to change it back. I ran the test again with it changed at it got from £6k to about £40k in no time at all! Then it quickly lost it all again! :-(

I am also running some optimizations. I will get back to you with the results.

Sam.

Cant believe that crude oil trade up 280 points from that pin bar, nice if you got in

Hey Mata,
I ran the test again with it changed at it got from £6k to about £40k in no time at all! Then it quickly lost it all again! :-(
Sam.

I can believe that. I am thinking this strategy will see periods of great results and periods of poor results. I think the person who wins with this EA (or maybe also the manual strategy) will be the person who can evolve it over time to deal with the monthly and yearly changes in the market.

As i said i am optimizing 15 min EUR/USD at the moment over the last month only, but with a risk of 2.5% some of the returns are staggering and there are hundreds of combinations that are more than acceptable. When i see a group of about 50 or so combinations that give very similar results then i feel more confident that the optimization has not been too curve fit. I think i have a group of over 100 results that are within a few % return of each other already.

It says about 6hrs to go :sleep:

Have you tried turning up the processing power allocated to Metatrader? Ctrl+Alt+Del and go to task manager, go down the list to terminal.exe. Right click, set priority, select high. Close the task manager window - Make sure you don't click end process. Should speed things up a bit. You can do it while MT4 is running.

Sam.

Have you tried turning up the processing power allocated to Metatrader? Ctrl+Alt+Del and go to task manager, go down the list to terminal.exe. Right click, set priority, select high. Close the task manager window - Make sure you don't click end process. Should speed things up a bit. You can do it while MT4 is running.

Sam.

Thanks, I think its helped a bit.
An early test after some optimisation i did with the Close, BE and Trailing stop. Once i had a good set i just played with extending the target out a bit. After seeing this :-0 i started a new optimization run. The current run is about a 1/3 done and already has over 200 combinations that beat this.

EUR/USD, M15, 2.5% risk, 04/04/2011 - 13/05/2011.
I am not stupid enough to think this will be the norm but looking at it would kind of suggest we should be able to pull a 'reasonable' level of profit with a bit of work

I will post the best opt sets when it is finished.

Attachments

• TesterGraph.gif
    TesterGraph.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 142
Automated trading results today, half off 1 to 1, let the the other half ride

audusd hit 1 to1 stopped out for b/e

eurgbp hit 1to1 stopped out for b/e

wti +100 on half other half up +300

Nas +7 1 to1 reach other half still running

gold -80 (stopped out by 1 point and reversed to hit target ouch)

silver hit 1 to1 stopped out second half b/e

+127 points

there also was 2 trades that i might have taken but i think the automated version would not both winners

i dont know if you could check that against the EA for today Mata Nui? we might get some idea its working correctly?? thanks

Automated trading results today, half off 1 to 1, let the the other half ride

audusd hit 1 to1 stopped out for b/e

eurgbp hit 1to1 stopped out for b/e

wti +100 on half other half up +300

Nas +7 1 to1 reach other half still running

gold -80 (stopped out by 1 point and reversed to hit target ouch)

silver hit 1 to1 stopped out second half b/e

+127 points

there also was 2 trades that i might have taken but i think the automated version would not both winners

looks like you could nearly add another +100 points to that as crude continues to rise (y)

hi guys.
I dont actually use this method, but i've never really used an EA before so wanted to see how it works, and have applied Mata's EA to a demo account I have with XTB.
I have applied it to lots of instruments on various time frames, mainly 30mins and 15mins, but in 2 days no trades have triggered? There is a smiley face icon on the charts which I read means that the EA is running. I can see that trades have been taken as per pocrels posts. Any ideas?

hi guys.
I dont actually use this method, but i've never really used an EA before so wanted to see how it works, and have applied Mata's EA to a demo account I have with XTB.
I have applied it to lots of instruments on various time frames, mainly 30mins and 15mins, but in 2 days no trades have triggered? There is a smiley face icon on the charts which I read means that the EA is running. I can see that trades have been taken as per pocrels posts. Any ideas?

Dont know. I dont think anyone has used it on forward test yet. Have you had a look at the Journals to see what they say?

OK. Didn't think to look at the 'journal' tab. Says 'trading by experts is prohibited'. I dont think they're calling me an expert trader who should be disqualified, but that no EA's are allowed in the competion.
That clears that up :)

While i check todays trades can someone test this opt set for me please?

Initital settings:
EUR/USD
15 Min
04/04/2011 to 13/05/2011

Then load up the set. Once its done for that date range can you please post your % gain or loss and test other date ranges. SLM data starts to get messed up after about 2 weeks so i can only reliably backtest a month.

Attachments

• eurusd_15min.zip
    666 bytes · Views: 78