Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This gold trade hit take profit at a one to one return. :)

Good one Clissold, I've only been following this thread/system for a short while myself so I'm still getting my head around the rules. That gold trade looked like one Pocrel would have taken-and it worked very well!

There is a pin on the CAC according to my worldspreads charts but risk to reward is little better than one to one. So I'm not going to take it.

Pin on Brent. Not the perfect shape for a pin (tail not long enough when compared to the height of the head) but risk/reward is good.

Hi DDI, I would have taken the bar that closed at 1400 BST on the Dax if I'd seen it. Is that the bar you mean?
Hi mate yes thats the one. !3:30-14:00, it worked out fine. I went in 7445 (after its high was broken and then retraced) and exited 60.

been doing some stats on this system. since my sample size has reached 100 trades, thought I put down some results:

50 winners (hit next pivot level or 2:1 R/R)
18 trades that hit the 1:1 R/R
32 losers.

this is impressive. even if u just take all profits at 1:1, for every 1 loser you would've had just more than 2 winners.

Breaking the results down into 4 separate markets:

FX: 54% winners, 15% 1:1, 31% losers

oil: 48% winners, 26% 1:1, 26% losers

indices: 50% winners, 12% 1:1, 38% losers

silver/gold: 38% winners, 24% 1:1, 38% losers

so if u just traded oil, AND took all profits at 1:1, for every loser you would've had 3 winners!(y)

Last edited:
Hi DDI, yes, thanks for posting the stats. Yes, they are impressive! Can I just double check something with you? All the trades followed Pocrel's system? Livecharts pivots, stop loss = 1 pip above or below the pin, pin cuts pivot, etc?

Hi DDI, yes, thanks for posting the stats. Yes, they are impressive! Can I just double check something with you? All the trades followed Pocrel's system? Livecharts pivots, stop loss = 1 pip above or below the pin, pin cuts pivot, etc?
Hi Clissold yes they are all as per his system apart from fx pivots where I used my autopivots (a few pips different from livecharts.) If the difference was significant, then I used livecharts.

Had 10 set ups today.

3 on eurusd. 2 winners, 1 loser.

1 each on brent, dax, cac : all winners

1 on audusd: 1:1 (almost hit 2:1)

1 on WTI: loser

2 on gold: 1 hit 1:1 (even a bit further), the other still running, B2 on chart (long 1533) and looking good now after almost being stopped out!

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_USD 28 april 2 (DFB).png
    Spot FX EUR_USD 28 april 2 (DFB).png
    23 KB · Views: 189
  • Daily Brent Crude (Jun) (28-APR-11).png
    Daily Brent Crude (Jun) (28-APR-11).png
    28.2 KB · Views: 170
  • Germany 30 28 apr(DFB).png
    Germany 30 28 apr(DFB).png
    25.7 KB · Views: 149
  • France 40 28 apr(DFB).png
    France 40 28 apr(DFB).png
    24.1 KB · Views: 176
  • Spot FX AUD_USD28 apr (DFB).png
    Spot FX AUD_USD28 apr (DFB).png
    23.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Daily US Light Crude (Jun) (28-APR-11).png
    Daily US Light Crude (Jun) (28-APR-11).png
    23.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Spot Gold 28 apr(DFB).png
    Spot Gold 28 apr(DFB).png
    25.3 KB · Views: 178
DDI, on your first chart - EUR/USD where did you get the lower line from? I've tried manually calculating the pivots as well as auto calculating and I don't get a line there. Is it a mid level?

Sam.

DDI, on your first chart - EUR/USD where did you get the lower line from? I've tried manually calculating the pivots as well as auto calculating and I don't get a line there. Is it a mid level?

Sam.
Hi its the pivot point from livecharts.co.uk - unless I i made an error while drawing it.