Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
trade on in gold

great pick on the gold trade ddi i would have taken that myself, nothing you can do if its a loss, you stuck to the plan and thats the important thing and you can look at it and say that was a perfect setup, i stuck to the rules it just did nt work, move on to the next:clap:

as for the eur/jpy you failed to stick to the plan get that 1 to1 protect your position at all cost anything can happen

Here are some of the trades i may have taken today :

gbp/usd
gbpusd.gif

very bullish looking, great win

gold
gold.gif

lovely setup, but a loss

cac40
cac.gif

nice little winner great setup

dax
dax.gif

nice winner tight 1 to 1 r/r

s and p
s and p.gif

such a great r/r worth a pop, such a tight stop

brent
brent.gif

very small pin again r/r fantastic such a tight stop well worth a trade

hi pocrel, the pin on your brent doesnt cross Pivot point. on livecharts it 125.28

i took the cable on e earlier and also ftse as it had better R;R to cac and dax

hi pocrel, the pin on your brent doesnt cross Pivot point. on livecharts it 125.28

i took the cable on e earlier and also ftse as it had better R;R to cac and dax

we have had this debate before especially when it comes to oil (brent or wti) because of the spreads i if its sitting 1 or 2 pips above or below then its worth a shot especially if you can get a trade on with a tight stop like that one

well done on cable but my ftse never touched or cut the Daily Pivot so i would not have taken that one but if it did for you then its a green light for a trade, i think with different feeds we will get slight differences its part of trading and i think it will even itself out over time

its weired, our charts are the same, and pivot points are also the same but on my chart the bar that you highlighted (13 - 13:30 marked x on my chart) is way below the pivot. I took the one marked y and lost :(

Attachments

• Daily Brent Crude (Jun) (11-APR-11).png
    Daily Brent Crude (Jun) (11-APR-11).png
    20.7 KB · Views: 162
would this have been a pin bar or valid set up? (second to last bar)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 235
Hi guys, do any of you use IG Index for your trades and if so do you know why the pivot points on their advance charts are no where near the pivots according to livecharts.co.uk?

Hi geewcee yes I use advanced charts from IG and see what you mean. sometimes they are the same but other times they differ. I thinks its because they use different opening and closing times.

As for indices, I completely ignore IG pivots as their calculations include their quotes when the cash market is actually closed

As for indices, I completely ignore IG pivots as their calculations include their quotes when the cash market is actually closed
Thanks for the reply DDI, I should have said I was looking at indices as forex seems ok. Your post explains why the FTSE pivots are miles out. Doesnt seem to be anyway to alter them either.
Cheers!

pocrel what would your strategy be here: when they following bar forms a pin (marked y) giving you an alert in the opposite direction. would you

1) stay original short with stop at top of x (completely ignoring y)?
2) exit short if the long set up kicks in (and walk away)?
3) exit short and enter long?

I think option 2 would be the most sensible

Attachments

• Daily Brent Crude (Jun) (12-APR-11).png
    Daily Brent Crude (Jun) (12-APR-11).png
    20.7 KB · Views: 227
Morning all, or i should say afternoon, i am just out of bed after a long flight home from south africa, just having a look at the market, did anyone take any trades today?

here is the list i see:

audusd
audusd.gif

still an ongoing trade in a small loss at the moment

eurgbp
eurgbp.gif

still on going pretty flat

usdjpy
usdjpy.gif

nice winner

eurjpy
eurjpy.gif

looking very good nicely in profit still ongoing

i could not see an yother trades, no index, no oil and i have not market out gold

please feel free to correct me if i am wrong

Morning all, or i should say afternoon, i am just out of bed after a long flight home from south africa, just having a look at the market, did anyone take any trades today?

here is the list i see:

audusd
View attachment 109852

still an ongoing trade in a small loss at the moment

eurgbp
View attachment 109854

still on going pretty flat

usdjpy
View attachment 109856

nice winner

eurjpy
View attachment 109858

looking very good nicely in profit still ongoing

i could not see an yother trades, no index, no oil and i have not market out gold

please feel free to correct me if i am wrong

sorry posted wrong aud/usd chart

here is the correct one

in profit now
audusd.gif

pocrel what would your strategy be here: when they following bar forms a pin (marked y) giving you an alert in the opposite direction. would you

1) stay original short with stop at top of x (completely ignoring y)?
2) exit short if the long set up kicks in (and walk away)?
3) exit short and enter long?

I think option 2 would be the most sensible

option 1 dd1, you got to stick to your plan

There seems to be alot about different feed prices especially from the IG charts, brett and lewis have you anything to add on this, what did your charts look like Lewis for that Brent trade? and how does your charts compare to mine?

i find ig prices out a little on the advanced charts

There seems to be alot about different feed prices especially from the IG charts, brett and lewis have you anything to add on this, what did your charts look like Lewis for that Brent trade? and how does your charts compare to mine?

i find ig prices out a little on the advanced charts

My opinion is to trade off the metatrader platform instead off the ig charts or any other spread betters charting platform, use smartlive or fxcm as reference for entry stops and targets at least everyone is singing from the same sheet, i find these work very well and that is where i will base all my trades off