Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pin, along and S/R- Swing point, last weeks high, and the daily pivot R1.

223604d1461924467-pin-bar-system-eur.jpg

Attachments

• eur.jpg
    eur.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 1,123
Missed opportunity here!

A reminder that Forex is at 24 hour market,
If you'd been up in the wee hours, A nice pin bar, at a swing s/r level and a 50% fib level on this weeks move, along with yesterdays high.

223638d1461938942-pin-bar-system-eur.jpg

Attachments

• eur.jpg
    eur.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 1,167
Last edited:
One to watch,

USD/JPY.

A pull back to the 108 area, with some bearish price action, could be a sell.

223646d1461940490-pin-bar-system-jpy.png

Attachments

• jpy.png
    jpy.png
    106 KB · Views: 1,087
Order to sell USD/JPY 106.30 stop +50

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 221
Cheers fugazy, but i never really bought into the idea of the perfect pin. It just has to catch my eye really and be in the right place (trendline, Swing point.) As long as its got a decent tail and the body aint too large in comparison then i'm happy.. Have a look at the 30 min and 15 min charts, They show the same formation.

Not sure im going to get filled here anyway.

I also thought a bearish pin bar had to be in an uptrend. But quick research shows if you just call it an inverted hammer its a good bearish continuation signal too.Probably the performance would be better as a reversal signal than a continuation, but the short's still on.

Cheers fugazy, but i never really bought into the idea of the perfect pin. It just has to catch my eye really and be in the right place (trendline, Swing point.) As long as its got a decent tail and the body aint too large in comparison then i'm happy.. Have a look at the 30 min and 15 min charts, They show the same formation.

Not sure im going to get filled here anyway.

I see what you mean.

But let me explain what I see whatever right or wrong...just for the sake of the conversation....

To me that hourly bar is a range bar, nimble traders on a smaller time frame will sell the high and buy the low.

If I sell below it I will enter where others (range bears) are taking profits....

A perfect pin bar turns trapping traders and the most effective ones are taken in the direction of least resistance....if they print at majors resistance/ support levels as the thread starter mentioned the better.

I also thought a bearish pin bar had to be in an uptrend. But quick research shows if you just call it an inverted hammer its a good bearish continuation signal too.Probably the performance would be better as a reversal signal than a continuation, but the short's still on.

Pin bars can be use in many different ways:

in a strong bear trend on the 1m tf wait for a clear bull pin bar, place a sell stop order one 1 pip below the stick with a SL 1 pip above the shaved body.... here you have counter traders getting trapped adding fuel by covering to the already strong trend.

But with this strategy one has to be very nimble...here the move is fast.

Sorry mate only joking.

I always find more joy with the second or third pin.

Mind you my best trading is always made up as I go along.:eek:

:)

Market slow today Oscar, I added going short the Swiss, risked about 10 pips moved my SL to BE and she took me out.....now in no land.....

I will check a bit later if she is showing a bit more......:sleep:

:)

Market slow today Oscar, I added going short the Swiss, risked about 10 pips moved my SL to BE and she took me out.....now in no land.....

I will check a bit later if she is showing a bit more......:sleep:

she shook me out...bitch

happens many times to me....but it is the only way I know to risk little and gain big when it works...

Gotta payattention to the ole pin bars y'know - probably these don't tie in with how everyone sees them.

I trade potential trend continuation after retracement and if it's a hammer (pinbar) that seems to be ending a retracement I go double position because they have always worked out very well for me.

Attachments

• ftsemonth.png
    ftsemonth.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 265