Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This dow trade is taking its time missed profit target by 2 points but I may add to it I get another pin bar on the 30 min close this thing looks like it wants to get higher

Would love to add to the dow but my day is done

2 trades +56 points

+£204

portfolio balance: £10587

back in the morning

Dax position closed for

+41 points (y)

+£156

portfolio balance : £10539

order pending on cable long but looks like it wants to break down now

Well done albeit I am surprised that Pin Bar moved up like it did due to its not being at a swing low and overhead congestion to its left. But thats why we all trade differently even if using the same tools(y)

closing dow for +15 points and calling it a day

morning

thats how the dow finished last night grearrrrrrrrrrrrrt:cry:

dow.gif

anyway back looking for setups this monring

Trade alert on the audusd long if we finish like this

entry will be 10294 stop 10278

chart

audusd.gif

Hi,

What pivot point are you using, as the ones on LiveCharts are different from the ones shown on your chart.

marek

Hi Marek and welcome to the journal

I use autopivots on my forex charts (manual indicator on everything else) so they might be slightly differnet due to broker times, do not get to worried about exact pivots in forex a general area is good enough (give or take a few pips)

the auto pivot indicator is in the journal here free to add to your Mt4 charts

Great thread Pocrel top man for sharing shame I can't go in the chat room because of work. Do you ever still use any of Pozzyp's methods I remember you used to post in there that was a great thread as well.

Great thread Pocrel top man for sharing shame I can't go in the chat room because of work. Do you ever still use any of Pozzyp's methods I remember you used to post in there that was a great thread as well.

Hi cmmichaels, thanks for the commpliments :eek:

I dont use Pozzyp's stuff really but i am sure its all mix in breakouts pullbacks support and rsistance all in my head if you know what I mean

how is your trading going?

cutting the audusd for -2, market gone dead need to reassess

-2 on audusd (how dull)

Lucky escape on audusd

-2 points

-£20

portfolio balance £10567

My feeling is that the markets are top heavy after yesterdays run so I am going to wait for more of a pull back to get long the markets (unless these pullbacks turn ino reversal then thats a different story)

Well done albeit I am surprised that Pin Bar moved up like it did due to its not being at a swing low and overhead congestion to its left. But thats why we all trade differently even if using the same tools(y)

Hi Neil

I think the screen shot is not telling the whole picture and the opening bar of the day can be miss leading so I tend to have a look over the futures price chart also to get a clear picture and it made sense to trade long the dax from there based on the futures chart

the massive bullish engulfging bar (the opening bar should be ignored as its not a real representation of the price I find) then we get a double bottom (plenty of old support in the chart there if you look left) followed by a pullback with a higher low, little bit of congestion but not to much my main ara of congestion was where i took profits

hope that makes sense bud

Hi Neil

I think the screen shot is not telling the whole picture and the opening bar of the day can be miss leading so I tend to have a look over the futures price chart also to get a clear picture and it made sense to trade long the dax from there based on the futures chart

the massive bullish engulfging bar (the opening bar should be ignored as its not a real representation of the price I find) then we get a double bottom (plenty of old support in the chart there if you look left) followed by a pullback with a higher low, little bit of congestion but not to much my main ara of congestion was where i took profits

hope that makes sense bud
(y)