Pictorial Journals

arabianights

Legendary member
I was just wondering if pictorial journals would work... I've been analysing my trading year to date and came up with the following - gross (i.e. before commision) monthly P/L:

The actual figures don't matter, they could be £1 a line or £1 000 000 a line which is why I've removed them. I'm just interested to see if others' charts look similar (in the sense of uneven distribution, not in dipping in April and doing well last couple of months). I'm a reasonably aggressive (yet cowardly) event driven trader

Next year I intend to track my trades more thoroughly and see if returns follow a power law distribution...

43998d1228236093-pictorial-journals-goff.png

Attachments

• goff.png
    goff.png
    39 KB · Views: 637
Last edited:
I'm mighty impressed you've only had 1 losing month. I suppose that's why you're at a firm and I'm watching Deal Or No Deal

The graph is for options trading (mainly), %s.

Attachments

• returns.JPG
    returns.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 235
Here is my main account stats (2 losing months)

The nice big spike in October was on account of some brilliant short trades when the market was crashing! :)

Untitled.jpg

Now I don't even know how to produce these charts, so this is a bit cheeky, but would they not make more impact if the losing month(s) (if any) were in a different colour?

But apart from that, I think they are all pretty good.

Regards,
M.

A percentage gain would be helpful.

If the highest one is .01% gain then it's not all that high, but the won/loss ratio must be good.

I don't think percentage gains are very sensible personally, at least not if you're taking money out of the account!