overtrading

Larisa

Can peer support or mentorship help traders overcome overtrading tendencies?

Peer support and mentorship can indeed be valuable tools for helping traders overcome overtrading tendencies. Overtrading, which is the act of making excessive and impulsive trades, can be detrimental to a trader's overall performance and profitability.

Peer support and mentorship can indeed be valuable tools for helping traders overcome overtrading tendencies. Overtrading, which is the act of making excessive and impulsive trades, can be detrimental to a trader's overall performance and profitability.
Learning from the experiences of others and seeking mentorship can be crucial in overcoming the pitfalls of overtrading.

At the end, it is you who need to control yourself and prevent you from overtrading. Set daily goals and try to make an exact number of trades per day; that can be a good start.

At the end, it is you who need to control yourself and prevent you from overtrading. Set daily goals and try to make an exact number of trades per day; that can be a good start.

I fully agree it is down to the individual trader to control him/herself in overtrading, but it is inappropriate to set daily goals or exact number of trades per day, as it puts to much pressure on the individual trader.

It all comes down to your trading strategy, if you have a proven strategy it will involve waiting for your strategy setup on your chart allowing you to take up your positions.

Now depending on your strategy these setups may be frequent during the trading day, or not, we can only trade what the market offers us using our strategy setup.

Last edited:
Having a second opinion is good in my opinion and your mentor or partner can shoulder some of the stress and thinking alongside you.
Will the losses be divided equally too? The question is, what does he mean to you and what do you want from him?

Yes it can, but I personally learnt forex by myself by using demo accounts and gathering info from many articles to practise journaling and managing risk. Using a demo account has helped me overcome overtrading because there is no real money involved.

So you say you have learned trading Forex via Demo accounts and articles, are you now in a position of trading consistent and profitable over a period of time on a Sim/Demo account or are you now trading Live?