Best Thread Other Side of the Screen

On a more humorous note, I have actually, been credited with the same payment twice and, after seeing that they did not appear to have spotted it, I rang them up. I was thanked for my honesty. :innocent:
I bet you were! :LOL:
Just kidding split, ur top notch! ;)

Well, we all know brokers can play tricks and that some do, but I do think all that's incidental compared to what LLSS is telling us what it looks like from the inside so far as losers and winners are concerned.

I wouldn't call it tricks nor incidental it is a systemic approach used by SB brokers to balance their books or enhance their odds , example : check all the brokers fined by the NFA for slippage practices ...

"Handbag swingers" eh !

a681c5f548a7c1b410cb8edd299a5c43_image_document_large_featured_borderless.jpg

What's Maggie got to do with that then I'd like to now !

:LOL:

Well we had this opportunity in the past in 2 threads : Capitalspreads Simon , and Peter Cruddas the CEO of CMC ...

Fair enough tar, but I agree with darktone insofar as it's always nice to read another (if, I may say) allegedly, inside opinion on the matter.

I wouldn't call it tricks nor incidental it is a systemic approach used by SB brokers to balance their books or enhance their odds , example : check all the brokers fined by the NFA for slippage practices ...

Aye, but i think it's all incidental set against the major reasons why people lose.

Well we had this opportunity in the past in 2 threads : Capitalspreads Simon , and Peter Cruddas the CEO of CMC ...
Another quick point, LLSS doesnt come across as CEO on the sell, he could be your best mate, better still, splitlinks more karma conscious (but slightly less handsome) brother whos landed a job on the other side trying to give you the lowdown.
Comon, list up you deepest and darkest and get it while its there.(y)

Reactions: BSD
Stop running.

On the subject of stop hunting , I doubt these guys would have any problems doing it if they wanted to :-

" Deutsche Bank has been the biggest FX trader in the world for nine years running, seeing 15.18 percent of global daily turnover in 2013, according to Euromoney magazine. "

Talking about manipulation from the same article :-

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/30/us-forex-investigations-deutsche-idUSBREA0T08V20140130

And to finish Paul Rotter admitted a few years ago in an interview that he ran stops. It can be done you just need the right size for the right market conditions.

Humans with lots of money and with the ability to make a lot more money = Greed.

That's all it boils down to.

Hmmm...

given the sources recently quoted above, it could just as easily be argued that even when choosing the DMA route over spreadbetting... rather than simply content yourself that you've isolated yourself from the possibilities of any shady practises, you still have to be mindful of wider market manipulation :innocent:

Basically true, but in most cases negligible as to move the real market of regulated instruments on exchanges in most cases you need to be so huge and incur risks on your book that mostly make it not worth anybodys while.

And even if you do move it a tiny bit it's gonna pretty quickly go back to doing what it was doing before, in the real market there are simply too many participants to allow an individual entity to effectively manipulate for any significant moves.

At least that holds true for big liquid markets, if not for penny stocks haha.

Eg you essentially can't manipulate the Bund, that is just way too enormous and liquid.

What Paul Rotter was doing was not pushing prices on the Bund, he was spoofing the order book.

Google that and you'll find some more details.

:)

Last edited:
Eg take a look at a 60 min FGBL Bund chart, the essence of pure, unspiky, uncluttered, trendy price action straight out of the classical chart patterns textbook !

BTW most of these institution fines are for OTC derivatives not for exchange traded markets ...

Reactions: BSD
Hmmm...

given the sources recently quoted above, it could just as easily be argued that even when choosing the DMA route over spreadbetting... rather than simply content yourself that you've isolated yourself from the possibilities of any shady practises, you still have to be mindful of wider market manipulation :innocent:

That's the point I've been making, the markets are manipulated to take out stops.
These SB's are just proxies for the big market makers and the SB's clean up purely by following the prices the big boys set.
They don't need to steal that extra pip off you, when Deutsche et al are doing the heavy lifting for them trying to take the big pips from hundreds of retail clients.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the point I've been making, the markets are manipulated to take out stops.
These SB's are just proxies for the big market makers and the SB's clean up purely by following the prices the big boys set.
They don't need to steal that extra pip off you, when Deutsche et al are doing the heavy lifting for them trying to take the big pips from hundreds of retail clients.

I guess that makes them the guy stealing your wallet while your busy watching Ron and Ron stealing the crown jewels.

Haha mate.

To be fair though while Deutsche admittedly are up to some spoofy stuff all the way up there with the great train robbery, the ingenious *******s, the stuff they are under investigation for or got fined for is pretty much in the OTC sector.

Bank-Robbery-300x225.jpg

Who's robbing whom is the question.

:LOL:

before the conspiracy theorists go into overdrive it is worth bearing in mind that the market will generally move to liquidate small/weak players. The people that move the market are the large/strong players. Of course stops are hunted that's why the market moves. A market cannot rise if too many people are long as they are all offering it above, some have to be shaken out and 'stop hunted'.

The natural moves of the market should not be confused with:

(i) bucket shops manipulating dealing prices
(ii) things like LIBOR where a benchmark is being manipulated, that is wrong for obv reasons.

anyways my 2c

GTTY

This presumes that most retail traders place stop loss orders in the market. Is there any real evidence that this is what happens or are markets just moved to places where retail traders are likely to decide to exit ?