Other fx systems

I reckon it is based on one of the Yen crosses.

Are there any of the beta testers on this forum?

Ask Zorba. He is tracking this data. I'm going to monitor the results until year end, if their is some big benefit will buy FMT and dual run them with whichever method combination Zorba says works best so far.

M

p.s Zorba when we get to next Monday and October is over can you give us a update on the FMT / FNT signal combinations for avoiding losing trades etc like you have mid month on SFT forum.

I can't believe I missed this post/thread - sorry guys! I've stopped posting my updates on the performance as I thought interest had tailed off, especially with the new TMT (Turbo Morning Trade!) EA that can do partial TP etc. I will update my sheet (using only official RH and FMT data) and let you know, although I think goldfinger's INT vs FMT sheet is probably more valid.

As for Newsnight Trader (someone asked), I was on the beta and I like it. I haven't backtested it but ran it live since mid Sept and it's been profitable and really easy. It doesn't trade often though. Let's see what the promo says tomorrow.

EDIT - forgot to say, since the start of September on the beta I've had six trades on Newsnight Trader, no losers. Based on the recommended 2% risk, that's a nice boost to the pot given that the Risk:reward is about 3:2 i.e. for 20 pips risked (hypothetical example) you can make 30.

Last edited:
Ok, looks like we need to start a new Private Board - for Newsnighters!

Would be good as I reckon it's highly tweakable. I'm going to have to write some code to backtest it on other pairs. In the Agora ad page I think it even refers to this forum :LOL:

I wish they would actually give some information in their marketing material instead of reams of bullsh!t.

What's the R:R, how many pips is the SL, how many trades a month can you expect, what's the win/loss ratio?

USEFUL INFORMATION

All I could gleam from the 8257 words (yes, 8257!!!) was that you trade at 10pm and it involves the EUR/USD.

I wish they would actually give some information in their marketing material instead of reams of bullsh!t.

What's the R:R, how many pips is the SL, how many trades a month can you expect, what's the win/loss ratio?

USEFUL INFORMATION

All I could gleam from the 8257 words (yes, 8257!!!) was that you trade at 10pm and it involves the EUR/USD.

He can't spell 'Huw Edwards' either. :cheesy:

I'm going to have a look at it. If it pays for itself in 60 days it stays, otherwise it'll go back.

USEFUL INFORMATION

That would be great if they did that, as it would sort the wheat from the chaff! The marketing page is really painfully long.
During the three months I was in the beta, there were 6 trades so 2 a month avg. The trade is split so there is a partial take profit - only one of the 6 trades was a partial, the others were full wins. The full R:R is 2:3 so if you risk £40 you stand to win £60. £40 would mean a pot of £2000 if you're using 2% MM and I wouldn't recommend a smaller pot for that MM%. No idea on the long term win/loss ratio though - yet.

Last edited:
He can't spell 'Huw Edwards' either. :cheesy:

I'm going to have a look at it. If it pays for itself in 60 days it stays, otherwise it'll go back.

Just remember to put it on the calendar or something - I always resolve to do this but I end up with so many crappy EAs etc. that I forget to send back :confused:

That would be great if they did that, as it would sort the wheat from the chaff! The marketing page is really painfully long.
During the three months I was in the beta, there were 6 trades so 2 a month avg. The trade is split so there is a partial take profit - only one of the 6 trades was a partial, the others were full wins. The full R:R is 2:3 so if you risk £40 you stand to win £60. £40 would mean a pot of £2000 if you're using 2% MM and I wouldn't recommend a smaller pot for that MM%. No idea on the long term win/loss ratio though - yet.

What's the stoploss in points?

Only twice a month? I think I'd end up forgetting to check each night!

Heh - I should have said that it was a general comment about trial dates and not Newsnight Trader! I definitely won't be sending this one back (y)

How long did you trial it for? (I'm pretty sure the answer is on the marketing page but I can't go wading through all that again).

True, it doesn't trade often but it's a really easy check. I do it before shutting down my PC at night. I'm not sure it's allowed to say what the SL is in pips though, wouldn't I be giving away details of the system? If you've got the R:R and the number of trades, you can figure out the % profit over the trial I think - correct me if I'm wrong.

Zorb,

Thanks for giving some really useful facts. (y)

Am I correct in assuming RH recommends GGM? Already have an a/c with them from last year, but they seem to have changed their charts for something useless unless one wants to start 15min candles at 5 past the hour. :confused:

Can I also ask if it actually has anything to do with the news?! Or could you do it without a TV? :LOL:

Re: Newsnight Trader

I've just placed my order and set a reminder in my calendar to return it before the 60 days if it doesn't work out.

If I had started trading Net Trap on 19th Oct I'd have been 169 pips down by my 30 day trial end. That's a loss of £338 on £2 trading, or £1,690 on £10 trading, all tax free :-0

Actually I can't fault the principle behind Net Trap. Once tweaked it's a nicely profitable system as many of us know.

Wish RH could have given Newsnight Trader a different name. Will it be referred to as "NT" (and then "VNT" etc...) or can we think of something different?

Last edited:
Zorb,

Thanks for giving some really useful facts. (y)

Am I correct in assuming RH recommends GGM? Already have an a/c with them from last year, but they seem to have changed their charts for something useless unless one wants to start 15min candles at 5 past the hour. :confused:

Can I also ask if it actually has anything to do with the news?! Or could you do it without a TV? :LOL:

Forget the news and the TV :innocent: . I personally traded this live from the start on SLM as their minimum is 10p/pip. GGM should do just fine though.

Re: Newsnight Trader

I've just placed my order and set a reminder in my calendar to return it before the 60 days if it doesn't work out.

If I had started trading Net Trap on 19th Oct I'd have been 169 pips down by 3rd Dec. That's a loss of £338 on £2 trading, or £1,690 on £10 trading :-0

Actually I can't fault the principle behind Net Trap. Once tweaked it's a nicely profitable system as many of us know.

Wish RH could have given Newsnight Trader a different name. Will it be referred to as "NT" (and then "VNT" etc...) or can we think of something different?

:cheesy::cheesy: Call it 'NotNT'? Net trap really needs the variants to work, but Newsnight is quite ok for now.
EDIT - Rugby Trader has kindly started a new thread for Newsnight: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-net-trap/111368-newsnight-trader.html

Last edited: