Other fx systems

Rad on Forex Peace Army about EAs they are testing and these seem good:
http://www.profitablefx.com/
Also this, but only 10 weeks testing:
http://adroitea.com/default.html
14 weeks test: http://www.forexexpertonline.com/
Any person know any of these EA's first hand?
AM

Richard Hill in his Forex Roundup last week sent a link to a free report called "Forex Black Book". The author suggests to be careful when using that website (noting that "the things have improved recently", which was a couple of years ago I suppose) as it tends to promote EAs being marketed by a "Forex Secret Society" with somebody called Felix Homogratius behind it, a marketing masterminder of a few campaigns promoting some redundant FX products.

Tried FTM by Lee Moore just got refund after 30 days 2 losers, 1 winner terible risk to reward ratio not for me. They state regular winners well in 30 days if I had traded for real (only paper traded) I would of lost £400 and won £50

Anyone tried tom tragget forex trade alert or mark austin trading ?

I tried Tom Tragget forex trade alert for a short spell (May/June 2010, I seem to recall)and, after a few consistent losses, dropped it. It could have been just that my timing was poor, but Tom seemed to be convinced that the Euro should be falling against the dollar in a period when it continued to rise.

Has anyone tried Steve Copan's G-Code? I bought it a few months ago, but haven't taken it off the shelf yet. It appears to be a "low maintenance" strategy, in that it that is operated by taking a quick look at the daily charts each day.

Has anyone tried Steve Copan's G-Code? I bought it a few months ago, but haven't taken it off the shelf yet. It appears to be a "low maintenance" strategy, in that it that is operated by taking a quick look at the daily charts each day.

Yes had a go at it and then sent it back as I found it too complicated to sort out. You need to actually sort a checklist for yourself and a good charting package to get going. I know a few people have tried it and given up. It is not as simple as it seems....

I tried Tom Tragget forex trade alert for a short spell (May/June 2010, I seem to recall)and, after a few consistent losses, dropped it. It could have been just that my timing was poor, but Tom seemed to be convinced that the Euro should be falling against the dollar in a period when it continued to rise.

I also tried this one and had a similar experience. Also you had to move sometimes very very quickly after getting the SMS because the price was moving so quickly. Several times I could not get to a PC fast enough to place a trade. Many of the stops were very large and the position was sometimes left open over a weekend. Since I had no consistent gains I cancelled.

Yes had a go at it and then sent it back as I found it too complicated to sort out. You need to actually sort a checklist for yourself and a good charting package to get going. I know a few people have tried it and given up. It is not as simple as it seems....

Thanks, Alastair. I did glance through the booklet when I received it, and it seemed quite complex, which is probably why I haven't been too eager to pick it back up. It's comforting to know that you also found it complicated!

Still, it's time I worked it out and tried it! I've just had a quick re-read through the manual, which seems to contain a few strategies. I have a SLM demo account that I'm planning to use to try the first strategy, so I'll report back on its success or otherwise.

I must admit, though, that I'm currently having trouble rationalising some of the later strategies and I doubt that I'll trade those until I understand them. I don't mind following rules, but I don't like to do so blindly without understanding why those rules are likely to be successful. That was probably also my personal issue in respect of blindly following Tom Traggett's trade advice......Well, that and the fact that I didn't make money during the trial period....

Anyone trade binaries / tunnels

Hi Rob

I subscribed for a year to a text service from John Piper based upon binary betting. Just my opinion but based upon that experience I would say avoid it at all costs.

Phil

What is trading tunnels ?

I think you are referring to binary bets where you are saying that over a certain period of time the rate/index will not hit a high of x or a low of y for a certain stake. basically you are betting on the rate/index staying within a certain range for a certain period of time.
In the past I have tried with this but had problems getting enough of a return ie the R:R ratio was less than 1:1 and in some cases I could not get a good enough return to justify a bet. Remember that unlike spread-betting where the market rules in binary betting the odds are set by the house and the house always wins in the long term.

Sorry I know what tunnel bets are I entered my message wrong I use them for high impact news days to sell a tunnel on wall street or the ftse if you sell say a 75/75 tunnel you are saying it will move by more than 75 pips higher or lower best to only sell at a binary price of 72-100 though for a good R:R

Anyone just got RH's Forex Round Up email? He's releasing a new system called Newsnight Trader. The email says some Net Trappers have been testing it for him.. Does anyone have any feedback or comments?

Cheers
Rob

Just got a mail from RH gushing about his new system - Newsnight Trader. All will be revesaled on Friday apparently. You kick it off at 10pm and then clear off to bed and let it do it's stuff.

So, this time next year Rodders, we could all be sitting here working with a hundred or so Newsnight varients! :D

Just got a mail from RH gushing about his new system - Newsnight Trader. All will be revesaled on Friday apparently. You kick it off at 10pm and then clear off to bed and let it do it's stuff.

So, this time next year Rodders, we could all be sitting here working with a hundred or so Newsnight varients! :D

Beat me to it by a minute there Rob. I for one was not asked to beta test. Any takers?

:)Some one had to be first to ask...

Full text for those who don't get it:-

Dear CaptainScarlet,

I've got some seriously big news...

For more than a year now I've been testing a brand new forex trading system.

It actually started back in September last year...

I noticed that something was going with one particular currency pair at around ten o'clock in the evening.

There I'd sit with one eye on the News at Ten and another on the markets and a trade would form.

After a couple of weeks I saw that similar trading opportunities were occurring around the same time. So, I started to develop a simple way you could identify them.

Fast forward to August this year and I'm happy to report that I've been profiting from this simple system ever since.

That's why, in August, I asked a few people who were using my Net Trap System and a few other folks I'd been talking to a lot in Round-Up to try out the system for themselves.

Here's a bit of a flavour of what they reported...

Adrian wrote:

"I was amazed when after checking for the right setup, no more than 10 minutes, and then placing the trade Newsnight Trader started making 140, 280 and 420 points in just a matter of a few weeks! "a brilliant strategy."

Mario said:

"I've made over 400 pips just in the last few weeks. The best thing about Newsnight Trader is that it's not just a ‘set-and-forget' system, it's a ‘set-and-go-to-bed' system. It's been a revelation to learn that I can easily make money without having to jump in and out of the market."

And Saki commented:

"Having used Richards ‘Net Trap System' it was no surprise to me that his new system would be simple, easy to follow, and more importantly successful! The surprise is this system surpasses Net Trap! I've only managed to get in on 3 trades but scored a net total of 560 pips. It would be impossible not to be able to slip this system into your lifestyle and profit from the first month."

Good stuff, right?

And I'll be honest; I was over the moon...

I mean, it's great to be able to discover a simple way to make money for myself and then be able to share it with other people and find it makes money for them too.

So, here we are...

It's December and after fifteen months of testing this out myself, sharing it with beta-testers and fine-tuning it all...

It's almost ready.

I can't wait to tell you all about it and right now I'm working flat out to have the final version ready for Friday.

What I can tell you right now is that it's called Newsnight Trader...

And if you can spare ten minutes at ten o'clock in the evening then there's no reason why you won't be able to use this system just like me and the beta-testers to pick off regular profits from the forex markets.

I really have designed this to suit everyone - both complete newbies and forex experts alike.

So, whatever you do, make sure you're around on Friday and you look out for my email because, as a reader of Forex Round-Up, you'll have the very first chance to get in on this.

OK. I'll be in touch tomorrow to let you know how I'm getting on finishing everything off...

But I must admit I'm really excited about this, so make sure you can get to your PC on Friday!

I think you'll love it.