Other fx systems

Have you set everything up to run on SLM?

Yep. all works perfectly, and only 1 pip spread on the EUR/USD daytime too! Sweet. Bought the €50 MQL pip range charts for MT4 rather than ninja trader and they give you nice alerts with arrows and bell alarms when trades are approaching. (y)

M

Last edited:
i'm hoping i'll have time tomorrow night to start setting this up so i can join you on this.
the thing i want to know though is how to set up strat 1 so it sends you a text message!

Anyone know anything about AutoFocusFX which is currently being touted by Agora??

Yes it's John's (Dubai) Dubai Strategies , Strategy 1, pip range charts. Started using it today and historical results are good, better than VNT.

Agora wanted a snappier more marketable name I guess. John is very helpful and has a live Skype trading room you join along with at least 20 other trappers!!! :LOL::LOL:

Not set and forget as such as entries signals can come any time of day, there is not set trading time like VNT, you can trade it 24/5 if you wished.

;)

M

Thanks Mark. Nice to know it actually works before forking out my money. Does it also include Strat 2 which you have said is good?

Received a mail shot today from an outfit called www.fxprofitbuilder.com
Any body know anything about them?

Just looking at the website now.

First thing that caught my eye was this rather interesting but controversial statement:

"300 pips Monthly Minimum Guarantee".

There are no guarantees in Forex trading. The guarantee they talk about refers to getting the next month's subscription for free if you don't achieve at least 300 pips profit in any given month.

Just looking at the website now.

First thing that caught my eye was this rather interesting but controversial statement:

"300 pips Monthly Minimum Guarantee".

There are no guarantees in Forex trading. The guarantee they talk about refers to getting the next month's subscription for free if you don't achieve at least 300 pips profit in any given month.

sounds great 'running profit total apr. 2008 to aug 2010 £413,210.65' !!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

...and they must have spent the £210.65 on their website :rolleyes:

come on boys .....jeeeeees

OK, as promised, here's a spreadsheet directly comparing the performance of ForexMorningTrade (FMT) with its INT equivalent 40INT40.

The results from beginning of August this year until today are pretty much identical.

FMT = +320 pips
40INT40 = +327 pips

Note that the FMT developer changed the profit target of FMT to 35 pips this month, so I've compared it to 35INT40 accordingly for the month of November to date.

Very interesting results. INT relies on the MA40 for its entry signal, whereas FMT relies on multiple indicators. Although the results vary month to month, the cumulative result is almost identical.

So FMT is definitely a better performer than VNT. But it is not proving to be superior to INT yet.

I will continue to compare the 2 on a daily basis, but I'll only live trade INT variants until FMT proves to be significantly more profitable.

Attachments

• INT_vs_FMT.xls
    19.5 KB · Views: 161
Mark, how did you get on with Dubai strats last week?
I'm just struggling to find the time to implement them.

On another note, I've started trailling Tomorton's Big Ben on FTSE, GBP/USD and EUR/USD on Smart Live (10p stakes).

OK, as promised, here's a spreadsheet directly comparing the performance of ForexMorningTrade (FMT) with its INT equivalent 40INT40.

The results from beginning of August this year until today are pretty much identical.

FMT = +320 pips
40INT40 = +327 pips

Note that the FMT developer changed the profit target of FMT to 35 pips this month, so I've compared it to 35INT40 accordingly for the month of November to date.

Very interesting results. INT relies on the MA40 for its entry signal, whereas FMT relies on multiple indicators. Although the results vary month to month, the cumulative result is almost identical.

So FMT is definitely a better performer than VNT. But it is not proving to be superior to INT yet.

I will continue to compare the 2 on a daily basis, but I'll only live trade INT variants until FMT proves to be significantly more profitable.

Hi Goldfinger,

I saw your analysis on INT vs FMT and I have added something extra what is really interesting and I read before on this forum already: INT trading with confirmation of FMT and FMT trading with confirmation of INT. In this way you can see that if INT trades are confirmed by FMT it gives a higher number of pips. I wonder or this is also the same for all INT variants. Is this analysis easy to do? To me this looks very interesting but the best thing is to have a backtest of this from for example 1 juni 2009. Do we have that data of FMT?

Attachments

• INT vs FMT and confirmation.xls
    33.5 KB · Views: 146
Mark, how did you get on with Dubai strats last week?
I'm just struggling to find the time to implement them.

Hi RT.

Did a few live strat 2 last week and shadowed Strat 1 via the live trading room and on a MT4 demo as had so many news trades to do did not want to overtrade as such.

Strat 1 / AutofocusFX very good week last week results wise, about +150 pips I think, and this was with a few losers too.

Am trading Strat 1 live this week, took a -25 yesterday and this afternoon we just got a +50 so looking ok. Needs fair bit of screen time though, no valid signals all day due to ignoring 16100 level and news UK release so trade did not arrive short until 3.59 pm and had banked +50 by 4.10pm. 11 mins, +50 pips and £200, nice work when my day job is very slow.

M

Hi Goldfinger,

I saw your analysis on INT vs FMT and I have added something extra what is really interesting and I read before on this forum already: INT trading with confirmation of FMT and FMT trading with confirmation of INT. In this way you can see that if INT trades are confirmed by FMT it gives a higher number of pips. I wonder or this is also the same for all INT variants. Is this analysis easy to do? To me this looks very interesting but the best thing is to have a backtest of this from for example 1 juni 2009. Do we have that data of FMT?

Hi Haighton yes the INT/FMT confirmation signal does yield interesting results. Unfortunately the FMT system is relatively new so on the FMT website the results only go back to August. I'll keep a track of these results though and hopefully over the next few months we'll get some more data to further confirm these results.

Hi Haighton yes the INT/FMT confirmation signal does yield interesting results. Unfortunately the FMT system is relatively new so on the FMT website the results only go back to August. I'll keep a track of these results though and hopefully over the next few months we'll get some more data to further confirm these results.

Hi Goldfinger777,

if I check the homepage and scroll down of the website of forexmorning trade (www.forexmorningtrade.com) is gives also all the trades of May till July...... Can you do something with this data and maybe it is interesting or also in these months if you trade INT only with a FMT confirmation it gives better results..... I think we should give it a try. Also I saw that FMT has got data far more back (January 2009) and I was wondering or we can get a hand on these too to fully backtest the confirmation option on NT or INT......

Does any body use trailing stops for any NT trades or any others that they may do? Or do people manually adjust stops if there is a long run to be had?

-S

Does any body use trailing stops for any NT trades or any others that they may do? Or do people manually adjust stops if there is a long run to be had?

-S

FNT Trader EA can be set to adjust stops or set trailing stop when you require. Read my post on advanced net trap tactics thread for my tactics on moving stops and trailing stops.

M