OSE Nikkei 225 Options - Average Spread?

seandean

Good day,

I’m just wondering if anyone is currently trading Nikkei 225 options on the OSE (Osaka Securities Exchange) and could tell me the average tick spread between bid and offer?

I currently have access to SGX Nikkei 225 options but the spreads are rather ridiculous at 10-20 (or more) ticks and very little volume (the SGX reported volume is decent but I see it as mostly block orders from large players). This makes conducting future hedging strategies a bit more difficult, not that it’s easy to begin with.

I suppose I’ve been spoiled with the ultra-liquid KOSPI 200 options, with a spread of 1 tick but I’m hoping some good news comes out of this question.

Thanks,

Sean

These things are quite liquid. Should be arnd 5 ticks wide during Japanese hours, 10 otherwise. They're quite liquid, both ATM, as well as stuff further out. These are the reasonably short-dated expiries.

These things are quite liquid. Should be arnd 5 ticks wide during Japanese hours, 10 otherwise. They're quite liquid, both ATM, as well as stuff further out. These are the reasonably short-dated expiries.

Thanks, very helpful insight.