Orderflow Analytics any experience?

I don't sell feed and I do not take referral money for it.....no thanks! :)

I have been tracking Cumulative Delta for 8 years now so it is very important to use a proper feed when working with BID/ASK differential studies.....and as I mentioned in this thread I was praising the OFT group for using the DTN feed! :)

BTW, we are right up the road in Austin so anytime you are in town let us know......we don't bite.

Thanks for the praise but I think anyone reading this understands what I meant. OFA is not CD. CD is not OFA. I fully respect your approach, I guess I'm just curious why you choose the OFA threads in multiple forums to proclaim your expertise in an unrelated divergence process. I'll be more than happy to drive up to Austin and show you the new OFA 3.0 before the public release in January and try explain why it is not CD. Bite or no bite.

DB

Simple......unending PM's and emails of various traders asking TONS of questions about data feeds for any BID/ASK differential work (for GomCD, for OFA, for GomLadder, etc, etc, etc). Look at all the various threads here, at TL, and at BMT forum about data feeds for BID/ASK differential work (to include Cumulative Uptick/Downtick usage).

Even after all these months of answering questions about this subject, many still keep trying to use broker supplied data feeds for BID/ASK differential work.....oh well! :)

Just spotted this thread.

Thanks for explaining the discrepancies! I have used Zenfire & Kinetick with Ninja and compared to my other platform - Tradestation, Kinetick was in step in terms of 'At Bid', 'At Ask' but Zenfire was flipping between bid and ask without the price changing or any trade coming through on the oppossite side. It was as if price was stepping up and down on a regular basis without any opposing trades.

I can sleep at night now...

http://www.orderflowanalytics.com/
They look like a scam to me, wanting you to pay them some $2500 to learn to use the software before you even pay for the software.
Strange.
Anyone had any experience?
Of course the indicators and algorithms look great on the video.
But then once you waste your money and see they have the same result as a moving average then what?

As a reply to the question in the original thread, and not to the deviations in the conversations following, I have experience with http://www.orderflowanalytics.com/. I am new to this forum, but not new to trading, order flow, or OFA. In my experience, the way OFA teaches order flow is exceptional. It transformed the way I was trading from indicators and automated strategies, to a true understanding of a two sided auction process. I myself don’t utilize pure price patterns much, but do rely on chart structure, volume profile, and the tools of OFA. Those tools, I can guarantee, are dynamic and proprietary. There may be many strategies in trading based on order flow, but the applications of OFA are designed around a logic based strategy and translated into a visual interface. It’s that translation that cuts down significantly on the always required visual processing of trading. These strategies and the utilization of the applications can be taught. If someone doesn’t understand the value of that, then they won’t understand order flow anyway. Furthermore, there are additional tools available that address other aspects of trading that I know you cannot find anywhere else. No, OFA is not a Holy Grail of only selling highs/buying lows…nothing is. What OFA is, is the best and most efficient aid in the implementation of a logical trading strategy and method that you, as a responsible trader, find valuable. Then it adds a layer of trade management tools unseen anywhere else.

I don’t usually participate in these forums/discussions because I find little value in the opinions of participants of an industry that is statistically filled with the unsuccessful. My advice with any trading room, software, course, etc., would be for someone as a trader, to be responsible for themselves, inquire profusely, understand completely, and then decide if valuable or not. If someone can’t or won’t do that…then I guess spending a ton of time in forums is as good as anything else they could be doing.

….in my humble opinion.

Just spotted this thread.

Thanks for explaining the discrepancies! I have used Zenfire & Kinetick with Ninja and compared to my other platform - Tradestation, Kinetick was in step in terms of 'At Bid', 'At Ask' but Zenfire was flipping between bid and ask without the price changing or any trade coming through on the oppossite side. It was as if price was stepping up and down on a regular basis without any opposing trades.

I can sleep at night now...

It was possible that you might have been connected to the Zen-Fire aggregated data server. For some period of time, NinjaTrader was pointing to that server but this has been changed several months ago for NinjaTrader 7. To be sure, create a brand new account connection. Then you will point to the unfiltered servers and the at bid/at ask should match up with Kinetick.

Folks I am a bennier about Orderflow Analytics.
Book, video forum that could be usefull for a beginner'

I keep testing datafeeds for my ninjatrader 7 charts with gomi tools and dtn data is the only feed I trust for most futures. I would never use zen or rithmic feed since i still see many discrepancies with their data versus dtn, and not even close on thin contracts. I know 3 traders who stopped using ofa and went back to gomi tools due to no unique edge. I am testing oec feed to compare to dtn since this is the broker for marketdelta new dom.

I have been with "orderflow analytics" for 2 months, and I can tell you for a fact, If you move on to something else, Then you will always be moving on to something else. After 19 years of position and swing trading, I decided to embarq on a quest to find the best of the best in "tools" for daytrading and found out by accident that trading orderflow for my entries and exits was the missing link in my swing trading. By using OFA to define my risk, I have been able to triple my size. I can say that they have 3 specific tools that you wont find anywhere else. BUT, if you dont dedicate youself to learning them, Its just another $ loss statistic. I can honestly say that I thought I was an good trader. But now I have a complete package. Lets face it. You can profitably trade almost any style; MP, sentimate, technicals, tape reading, etc. The bottom line is. How much risk do you have to take to not get shook out. Do whatever you feel the best with from fundamentals on down to technicals and and use OFA for the the raw/realtime analysis.
As for my experience with OFA, it is about 60% what he taught me in regards to his daily routine, and 40% software. Which so far I have only used 1 part of the software and my risk on each trade went from about 2 points to 2-3 ticks.
I can only look at so much info at one time, and still be able to respond
Best regards

Can you clarify what you purchased from OFA? The whole indicator suite AND the apprentice training or what?

Regards,
exiledgoblin

I have been with "orderflow analytics" for 2 months, and I can tell you for a fact, If you move on to something else, Then you will always be moving on to something else. After 19 years of position and swing trading, I decided to embarq on a quest to find the best of the best in "tools" for daytrading and found out by accident that trading orderflow for my entries and exits was the missing link in my swing trading. By using OFA to define my risk, I have been able to triple my size. I can say that they have 3 specific tools that you wont find anywhere else. BUT, if you dont dedicate youself to learning them, Its just another $ loss statistic. I can honestly say that I thought I was an good trader. But now I have a complete package. Lets face it. You can profitably trade almost any style; MP, sentimate, technicals, tape reading, etc. The bottom line is. How much risk do you have to take to not get shook out. Do whatever you feel the best with from fundamentals on down to technicals and and use OFA for the the raw/realtime analysis.
As for my experience with OFA, it is about 60% what he taught me in regards to his daily routine, and 40% software. Which so far I have only used 1 part of the software and my risk on each trade went from about 2 points to 2-3 ticks.
I can only look at so much info at one time, and still be able to respond
Best regards

So far I have only paid $2500 for the video training with live support in the live trading room. Next will be $2500 for the software. They do it like that because the videos teach you their entire approach which is based around "stop runs" and auction market theory.
Next, I have to buy the software for $2500 which has his custom built charting program in which the algo's that generate the bars, are calculated on on momentum shifts. Its complicated but in short, the bars are not based on time, trades, or any other normal metric.
There are lots more stuff, But I have been trading live by watching his projection chart in the trade room. As for me, This made me a little better in determining direction, but the "key to the city" (for me only) was to identify a "clear as a bell" shakeout, and thats where I go the opposite way and at the same time, have the tightest stop possible, which in turn allows me to use ALOT bigger size. If i'm wrong, i'm out within 30sec.
That whole chain reaction together is what has made me consistant every single day.
DB (his initials) at OFA is very serious about his teachings. I watched him have two or three losing days in 2 months. Its the strategy that makes money. Good software just makes analyzing the info easier.
I can see how this would be a complete waste of money for alot of people, because most people (like me up to now) have been exposed to so much stuff, that you never feel completely satisfied with one persons strategy. I always wondered why all the professional ES traders looked at different stuff. They just mastered the tools that they look at. Thats why I am so exited now,(besides taking one acct from 42k to 55k in 3.5 weeks) I learned tape reading and found the "holy grail" of trading. that's right, the holy grail of trading boils down to one simple unrefutable thing. It was in the first book I ever picked up. VOLUME is the only thing you need to know.
If I can do it with T&S,and 3 charts with no indicators, anyone can.(oh,I forgot the most important thing. Cut that loss!)
I am sorry for such a long post, but for anyone reading this, Please, Please master vol action in every situation and then move on to the fun stuff. But you will probably stop after a simple moving average.
All the best

Thanks very much for the thoughtful and detailed answer. Very much appreciated.

It looks to me from the site that the course costs 2500 and the indicators around 5000 if you buy the whole suite. Which pieces are you proposing to buy for 2500?

Regards,
exiledgoblin

So far I have only paid $2500 for the video training with live support in the live trading room. Next will be $2500 for the software. They do it like that because the videos teach you their entire approach which is based around "stop runs" and auction market theory.
Next, I have to buy the software for $2500 which has his custom built charting program in which the algo's that generate the bars, are calculated on on momentum shifts. Its complicated but in short, the bars are not based on time, trades, or any other normal metric.
There are lots more stuff, But I have been trading live by watching his projection chart in the trade room. As for me, This made me a little better in determining direction, but the "key to the city" (for me only) was to identify a "clear as a bell" shakeout, and thats where I go the opposite way and at the same time, have the tightest stop possible, which in turn allows me to use ALOT bigger size. If i'm wrong, i'm out within 30sec.
That whole chain reaction together is what has made me consistant every single day.
DB (his initials) at OFA is very serious about his teachings. I watched him have two or three losing days in 2 months. Its the strategy that makes money. Good software just makes analyzing the info easier.
I can see how this would be a complete waste of money for alot of people, because most people (like me up to now) have been exposed to so much stuff, that you never feel completely satisfied with one persons strategy. I always wondered why all the professional ES traders looked at different stuff. They just mastered the tools that they look at. Thats why I am so exited now,(besides taking one acct from 42k to 55k in 3.5 weeks) I learned tape reading and found the "holy grail" of trading. that's right, the holy grail of trading boils down to one simple unrefutable thing. It was in the first book I ever picked up. VOLUME is the only thing you need to know.
If I can do it with T&S,and 3 charts with no indicators, anyone can.(oh,I forgot the most important thing. Cut that loss!)
I am sorry for such a long post, but for anyone reading this, Please, Please master vol action in every situation and then move on to the fun stuff. But you will probably stop after a simple moving average.
All the best

I will get the OFA Pro for $2500
It doesnt have the "trade tracker" which, if your going for 1-5 ES points like they do in the room, It will pay for itself in a month. It manages your position and automatically takes you out when there is a sudden orderflow change.All you have to do is time your entries. I dont need it for my swing trading because I go for larger moves. I would just add it later when you start using good size. But as an exit tool for no stress,its awesome. it's his prized posesion(thats why its $2500 xtra)

init2win - Thanks for the info. So your total cost including the trade tracker would be $7,500 right? $2,500 for the class and $5,000 for the software? The YouTube videos are sure impressive.

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I am taking a look at OFA. Are you still around? Can you tell me how it's going for you now?
Thanks
lr

I will get the OFA Pro for $2500
It doesnt have the "trade tracker" which, if your going for 1-5 ES points like they do in the room, It will pay for itself in a month. It manages your position and automatically takes you out when there is a sudden orderflow change.All you have to do is time your entries. I dont need it for my swing trading because I go for larger moves. I would just add it later when you start using good size. But as an exit tool for no stress,its awesome. it's his prized posesion(thats why its $2500 xtra)

Hi init2win,

I'm also keen to know how is your experience with the software thus far. Hope to hear from you soon..