Order Execution

Hi, I'm thinking about buying a stock that has had a pullback, but has further upside potential. Therefore, I would like to place a Good Till Cancelled (GTC) Buy Limit Stop.

If fore-say, I set GTC till 2 PM (EST) with a $30 Buy Stop and a $30.50 Buy Limit and the stock trades up to $30.25, but price rises to $31 before 2 PM, will my order still be executed?

M

member275544

0 0
Hi, I'm thinking about buying a stock that has had a pullback, but has further upside potential. Therefore, I would like to place a Good Till Cancelled (GTC) Buy Limit Stop.

If fore-say, I set GTC till 2 PM (EST) with a $30 Buy Stop and a $30.50 Buy Limit and the stock trades up to $30.25, but price rises to $31 before 2 PM, will my order still be executed?

you would certainly think so, unless the price gaps up or your broker does not fill the order timely enough

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock