Options UK

sebastionay2

I own some stocks listed on aim.

My questions are, Which broker would be best to use for options in the UK with a small amount of funds?

I need an options broker that will allow me to buy options on AIM and FTSE stock, I'm more interested in AIM.

Also I thought trade monster had a UK wing? Since I changed my email account I haven't been able to find them.

A stock i own has share purchase options at 5.5p. Is currently at 31p. does well every quarter and then looses a chunk of value when the directors excercise all these options. I just want to know how I can buy them it seems like a much better deal than purchasing common stock.

Hi Sebastion - I have traded options in the UK for 4 years and as far as I am aware you cannot trade any options ouside of those listed on the LIFFE site. The only individual equity options I have been able to trade in the UK are FTSE stocks and many only have quarterly expiries. Opening an account with one of the8 or so brokers who will process trades for individuals is tortuous and margins are high (2 will refuse to open accounts for the sole purpose of speculation!!!!). I havent yet found a broker in the UK where you can sell to open online and there is virtually no information available to help you. I trade FTSE options mainly. Best of luck - John

If these are options on AIM stocks then there aren't any listed options that you can trade. Wherever it says there are share purchase options, i think it is probably referring to some kind of corporate action issue, or where these were issued during the floatation. In either case, if they were traded options there would be strike prices closer to where the stock is now.

@jontyxxx You can sell to open on IB and i think Sucden so long as you meet the margin requirements, haven't heard of anything to the contrary.

Thanks for the info on Sucden and IB - I will investigate. I sell to open all the time, but only by telephone and it would be more convenient to do this online John