Options reading

wasp

Legendary member
Mornin' all,

I want to do some reading and studying to understand options in relation to forex. I have read the links within this section and in the traderpedia as well as all in the investopedia website but looking for some more information.

Can anyone recommend any books or websites?

Cheers

Mornin' all,

I want to do some reading and studying to understand options in relation to forex. I have read the links within this section and in the traderpedia as well as all in the investopedia website but looking for some more information.

Cheers

I was into options a few years ago and have "The Way to Trade" by John Piper. A Pitman book. Piper has some very interesting ideas on the subject, some of which have stuck with me.

The other one, which is very readable with diverse ideas is "Options Trading Strategies That Work" by William F.Eng. Published by Dearborn Financial Publishing , Chicago.

I'm not sure about forex, though, with regard to Piper. check first.

Regards

Split

Last edited:
Probably mentioned elsewhere, and not related to FX, but an excellent book for the understanding of options is "McMillan on Options" by Lawrence G. McMillan

Mornin' all,

Cheers

Options are options, whether they're an option on stocks, apples or foreign currency the mechanics of options are all the same.

Natenburgs "Option Volatility & Pricing" is quite a good place to start.

Last edited:
Wasp,

As per PT, Natenburg for the basics, but for the analytical/theoretical supplement with John Hull's Options, Futures and Other Derivatives, 816 pages, 6th edition. Brilliant book, even for the non-mathematical like myself.

Grant.

Options

Options are options, whether they're an option on stocks, apples or foreign currency the mechanics of options are all the same.

Natenburgs "Option Volatility & Pricing" is quite a good place to start.

I second the Natenberg suggestion. That book is still required reading for all options traders. It's pretty much THE primer that everyone starts with before graduating to other more advanced books.

I also agree that you should firm up your understanding of options before diving into the forex world. After all, the forex markets are confusing enough without understanding the actual instrument that you are trading. Here are some interesting info sites that I've come across.

Free
www.cboe.com
www.oicoptions.com
www.888options.com
www.theoptionsinsider.com

Pay
www.optionetics.com
www.thinkorswim.com
www.schaeffersresearch.com

Hope that helps. I don't know of any good Forex sites, but I'll keep my eyes open. If I find any, I'll be sure to post them here.

I second the Natenberg suggestion. That book is still required reading for all options traders. It's pretty much THE primer that everyone starts with before graduating to other more advanced books.

I also agree that you should firm up your understanding of options before diving into the forex world. After all, the forex markets are confusing enough without understanding the actual instrument that you are trading. Here are some interesting info sites that I've come across.

Free
CBOE - Home
OIC Institutional
The Options Industry Council - Your Destination for Options Education
Options Trading Strategies, Learn about Options, Options Education | The Options Insider

Pay
Optionetics - Your Investment Education and Options Trading Resource
thinkorswim Home - Stock Option Investing - Stock Option Trading - Online Trading Stocks and Options
Schaeffer's Investment Research - Resources for Stock and Option Traders

Hope that helps. I don't know of any good Forex sites, but I'll keep my eyes open. If I find any, I'll be sure to post them here.

NATENBURG...BIN THE REST.

Options Trading: The Hidden reality by Charles Cottle ??

Your comments would be appreciated