Option Trader Handbook

optioncoach

Just wanted to pass along some information on my new book called "The Option Trader Handbook: Strategies and Trade Adjustments"

here is a short description:

"Given the recent volatility in the markets over the past few years, there is a growing need for traders to learn how options can be used for better risk management. Using the right strategies and trade adjustments, creative investors can hedge or even boost their profits, limit their losses, and create risk-free trades. Although many investors understand how to trade stocks or options, very few know how to use options as a dynamic risk reduction and profile enhancement tool. Implementing these strategies requires more than just an understanding of the mechanics of trading, it requires ingenuity and imagination--as well as a comprehensive trading reference tool.
Designed as a resource for intermediate to advanced traders, The Option Trader Handbook teaches both the science and the art of trade management, and offers numerous strategies and techniques for minimizing risk and volatility. The authors, both recognized experts in the field, discuss stock and option positions and detail the various types of trade adjustments that can be made, what situations are appropriate for each adjustment, and the best time to make those adjustments.

With this book as your guide, you will find sensible answers to questions such as:

What happens if my stock or option position does not move exactly as planned?
Is there a way for me to lock in unrealized profits or provide a hedge against further losses?
How can I create risk-free trades?

In a logical, sequential order, the authors cover the principles of risk and trade management as well as the tools required to put them into practice, weaving them all together with a proven formula for successful trading and portfolio management.

An unparalleled resource for today’s volatile investment climate, The Option Trader Handbook offers:

A detailed guide for better trade and portfolio management
Numerous trade adjustments for long and short stock positions, calls and puts, spreads and combinations
Specific trading examples with numerous charts and graphs to clearly demonstrate how each trade adjustment is done

By demonstrating how options can be used to hedge risks and boost overall returns, The Option Trader Handbook will become one of the most valuable assets in any trader’s portfolio."

This book is a handy tool for stock and option traders and I would like to make myself available here on the message boards to answer questions on o ption traders or any questions you have on the book which can be found on AMAZON.com or any other online booksellers.

I look forward to hearing from you and talking more about options :)

Phil

Hi Phil, welcome to t2w.

How about sending a copy of your book to one of our options gurus on t2w to have a look and do a review for you? RogerM would be the guy. (Sorry Rog, you weren't busy were you....)

You could then give it a mention in 'classifieds' or even 'commercial trading systems' at a pinch.

Phil -

I used to work in an options pit. I'll give it a lookthrough if you want. I'd be interested to see how it compares to Natenburg. PM me and I'll give you details of where to send it.

I appreciate you responses and great ideas. Unfortunately I do not have an copies to send (the publisher gave me only 5 copies and they were immediately taken by family members). If I get any reviews from other readers I will post them here for others to see and perhaps down the raod you might be interested in looking into the book yourself as a great trading tool.

Until then, I am here to answer any questions and talk options :)

Phil