Online Trading Academy

tonykosack

Good morning!

I'm new to trading & am considering taking the Professional Trader Course that is offered through Online Trading Academy. It's a bit expensive, but do I want to pay the fee or do I want to pay by learning through my mistakes (losing money)?

Has anyone taken any courses from OTA? Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tony

The thing is that even if you pay for that course you will still not be successful. It could take years of hard work, don't waste your money on any of these schemes.

Good morning!

I'm new to trading & am considering taking the Professional Trader Course that is offered through Online Trading Academy. It's a bit expensive, but do I want to pay the fee or do I want to pay by learning through my mistakes (losing money)?

Has anyone taken any courses from OTA? Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tony

Like many on here we have all looked for a way of learning quickly and are happy to pay for it. Sadly it wont work,you have to learn it for yourself,no one can teach you how your emotions will be once you are in a trade.This site is far more beneficial than most training courses and as for OTA,im sure it will be made clear.good luck

Mike Baghdady is a former instructor for Online Trading Academy. Remember this is the guy that has filed for bankruptcy twice due to trading losses and associated fines. Does anybody really think that they can learn to trade profitably from a company that has or had instructors like this?

Last edited:
its probably good if you pay for the course and get to learn about how bad it is.

think of it this way.......... there is nothing they can teach you that you cannot learn online and from hard work, practice , and using your brain........its all here in the big forums , google and from starting to talk to people who will be happy to steer you from each point to the next

I didnt learn about trading in a straight line ...it was like wandering around in a school moving from lesson to lesson as I saw things and wanted to investigate them .....as per above

so remember that and dont be fooled by the promises ...if they were sucessful at trading they would not be wasting time teaching you .....

NVP

Although I see valid points in this thread, it is surprising the one sidedness of it. No-one ever learned how to trade for free, even people here who think they did didn't. The free forums, webinars etc. were taken by people who paid in some way. Taking the stance, taking a paid course is not the way to go completely is wrong.

This isn't a response defending OTA or any other company but many companies offer several free services for people to.

How many people pay for education in schools, even though they have the ability to learn on their own? Many companies are fraudsters but to state that paying for education is wrong and that learning here and their may suffice is as arguable as wrong as the statements made here.

what you get from courses etc. is structure. Learning to trade shouldn't really be inordinate. You should learn from a structure and then apply it.

VintagEducaton.com

There may be the odd course that offers value for say up to £200, even the no one can teach your brain how to behave once your in a trade,so why pay.

do it ......ive been thrown out of loads of free training sessions....

I loved asking lots of trading questions to the 6 year olds at the front until I asked to leave

hahahahahaha
N

I've been there too. If you want to give day trading a go, I can let you try out my paper trading platform. At least you can see if it can help you trying some stuff, send me an email after you created your account and I will fund your account so you can give it a go without paying anything. Plus you won't be alone learning. :smart:
Premium stock market game - TradingDoors.com

Kind regards,
Jeremy

Surely they aren't all ripoffs...As a busy person with a job and a family, I find it difficult to find the time to scour the internet for reliable tips and strategies. While I realize that lots of people go the free route, I wouldn't mind paying for someone to hold my hand and give me personal attention to help advance my knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely they aren't all ripoffs...As a busy person with a job and a family, I find it difficult to find the time to scour the internet for reliable tips and strategies. While I realize that lots of people go the free route, I wouldn't mind paying for someone to hold my hand and give me personal attention to help advance my knowledge.

Im sure there are quite a few on here who will help you and hold your hand. As long as you are willing to learn, we're willing to lend a hand..try us. We're free.
if anyone asks for money, dont even think twice, just dont bother with them.
If they haven't got the time for you, then dont bother with them, they probably dont know much anyway.
You will save hours that way and can spend that time with your family.

Hi people,
I've come across a really useful blog that you may be interested in reading
HY Markets Forex Blog | Online Forex Trading blog. There's generally 2 to 3 posts per day on market conditions and trading tips.
I'm quite new to trading but thought it worthwhile sharing with you.
Definitely worth a look. Here's some of their latest posts which will help you.
Choosing the Right Forex Broker For Your – 10 Things to Consider
Essential Rules for Successful Trading (Parts 1, 2 and 3).
Hope you find this useful and if there's any others you come across I'll be keen to hear about them.
Thanks!

Hi Tony,

I think, it will be not good decision to join a Professional Trader Course if all forex trading information available online. There are lots of websites which provide step by step guidance to learn forex trading like Babypips school. I did not take any course from OTA.

Mike Baghdady was an instructor at OTA. What more do you need to know. Don't waste your money.

I do not doubt that this academy is honest and ethical. Still I would recommend that you save your money. Watch out for free tools and videos in the internet. Most things (if not all)you need to learn are available for free! After having learned the basics of technical analysis you should look for a mentor and trading group to discuss setups and possible trades. I can highly recommend Marc Walton and his mentorship Forexmentor Pro. Marc is definitively one of the good and honest guys out there in the Forex Trading universe. He offers several videos each week with possible trade setups which are easy to understand. Please look here: Learn Forex Trading With Forex Mentor Pro
I have been a member of his trading group myself for about 4 years now and can really highly recommend it!

Kind regards and happy Trading,
Thomas
Easy Trading Blog

Hi people,
I've come across a really useful blog that you may be interested in reading
HY Markets Forex Blog | Online Forex Trading blog. There's generally 2 to 3 posts per day on market conditions and trading tips.
I'm quite new to trading but thought it worthwhile sharing with you.
Definitely worth a look. Here's some of their latest posts which will help you.
Choosing the Right Forex Broker For Your – 10 Things to Consider
Essential Rules for Successful Trading (Parts 1, 2 and 3).
Hope you find this useful and if there's any others you come across I'll be keen to hear about them.
Thanks!

I do not doubt that this academy is honest and ethical. Still I would recommend that you save your money. Watch out for free tools and videos in the internet. Most things (if not all)you need to learn are available for free! After having learned the basics of technical analysis you should look for a mentor and trading group to discuss setups and possible trades. I can highly recommend Marc Walton and his mentorship Forexmentor Pro. Marc is definitively one of the good and honest guys out there in the Forex Trading universe. He offers several videos each week with possible trade setups which are easy to understand. Please look here: Learn Forex Trading With Forex Mentor Pro
I have been a member of his trading group myself for about 4 years now and can really highly recommend it!

Kind regards and happy Trading,
Thomas
Easy Trading Blog

If you want people to trust your comments you should take out your affiliate link!:cool: