onetwotrade and their fake testimonial(s)

Hi. is that true that they are using fake testimonials just to encourage people to trade with them? that's really unfair. Do you have list of brokers that are not legit? I'm new to this business... i just want to be very careful.

Thanks.

Regards,
Sam

FFS.....like shooting fish in a barrel. If I didn't have a conscionce I would set up a "get rich for **** all effort" thread on T2W:devilish:

If anyone wanted to deal with a financial services related company they'd like to know that they werent a bunch of fly by night chancers. You'd perhaps like to see some testimonials from happy customers, right?

Well onetwotrade.com have been generous enough to provide some. They would no doubt convince Jungerns and the Davie Roberson crew.

Here's one from a nice looking lady called Rebecca T.

Customer since 2011
“My friend joined OneTwoTrade and then a few months later told me I should try it. I’d never traded anything before in my life, and I didn’t think it was right for me - I can barely check my email! But after some convincing, I logged on, and I’ve never looked back. The site is SO easy to use, the product is incredible, and the customer support is amazing for when I need some extra help. Thanks!”

Hi pboyles,

Do you think that is a fake? I guess everyone is trying to impress their own companies to convince people. I hope innocent people will not be a victim. I would appreciate if forex companies if will act "REAL" negative or positive comments. But for me personal experience is a big point in checking if it is fake or real.

Have a lovely day!

Regards,
Samtogoforex

Hi pboyles,

Do you think that is a fake? I guess everyone is trying to impress their own companies to convince people. I hope innocent people will not be a victim. I would appreciate if forex companies if will act "REAL" negative or positive comments. But for me personal experience is a big point in checking if it is fake or real.

Have a lovely day!

Regards,
Samtogoforex

Yes it's fake, if you read the whole thread you'll see where they copied the photos from.

Their homepage says you can learn to trade in just 70 seconds! I'll be back in 2 minutes...
Aren't so many of us fools for spending year after year learning to trade..

Funny thread, was an entertaining read from start to finish )))) especially the edited screenshots, nice one Pbolyes

Domain Name: ONETWOTRADE.COM
Created on: 12-Jul-10
Expires on: 12-Jul-20
Last Updated on: 30-Jul-11

Registrant: Up and Down Marketing, LTD

Last edited:
I see the new thread about onetwotrade disappeared very quickly today when I mentioned their fake marketing.

Well I signed up with onetwotrade last night and deposited £1000. The website looked impressive - better than GoOptions that I have used for a few months, having many more assets to trade in flexible ways and with a more user friendly interface. This was after my contacting a YouTube subscriber who turned out to be a "client manager" for onetwotrade. OK you probably know where this is heading! Stupidly I should have researched onetwotrade before parting with my 1000 squid. Having now parted with said £1000, I have requested an immediate refund back to my credit card. This was after my personal client manager no less, sent me various screenshots of clients accounts showing great performance. On close examination of these accounts, the opening times and expiries didn't look right. It turned out that he had clicked on the profit column to basically select the top 25 performing trades from the over 200 listed and just created a screenshot of those top 25 which, surprise surprise, were all winners. It would have been interesting to have seen the last page filtered in this way!

I think onetwotrade are basically trying to enlist as many new clients as possible by trolling any YouTube video related to trading and then aiming to get new clients to fund their accounts with as large a sum of money as possible. We we can probably guess the outcome from there onward - losses followed by more deposits. Why was I suckered in? Well I'm sorry to say that the guy did really seem genuine and knowledgeable and I was taken in by his spiel. I must be getting more gullible in my old age.

But there is an attraction of this way of trading I must say. Is it gambling? Well not if you have a statistically proven edge that operates over the option timeframe eg one bar on the hour chart. If you are just having a punt to allay boredom then of course it's gambling but like all trading if you are operating a system in a disciplined way then no it isn't. The main problem with this trading as far as I can see is that all the companies are based outside any UK protective jurisdiction and so you are taking a big gamble on the actual trading company as well as the actual trades. What I do like is the absence of any spread at the entry point. For example if you consider that the next bar on the one hour chart will close lower you only have to be correct by half a pip and you take profit a the end of that bar. This i thought was easier than trying to decide when to take a profit or to take a loss in a conventional way of trading. So currently I am writing indicators in mt4 to trade binary options. I'll let you know how I get on!

Last edited:
Well I signed up with onetwotrade last night and deposited £1000. The website looked impressive - better than GoOptions that I have used for a few months, having many more assets to trade in flexible ways and with a more user friendly interface. This was after my contacting a YouTube subscriber who turned out to be a "client manager" for onetwotrade. OK you probably know where this is heading! Stupidly I should have researched onetwotrade before parting with my 1000 squid. Having now parted with said £1000, I have requested an immediate refund back to my credit card. This was after my personal client manager no less, sent me various screenshots of clients accounts showing great performance. On close examination of these accounts, the opening times and expiries didn't look right. It turned out that he had clicked on the profit column to basically select the top 25 performing trades from the over 200 listed and just created a screenshot of those top 25 which, surprise surprise, were all winners. It would have been interesting to have seen the last page filtered in this way!

I think onetwotrade are basically trying to enlist as many new clients as possible by trolling any YouTube video related to trading and then aiming to get new clients to fund their accounts with as large a sum of money as possible. We we can probably guess the outcome from there onward - losses followed by more deposits. Why was I suckered in? Well I'm sorry to say that the guy did really seem genuine and knowledgeable and I was taken in by his spiel. I must be getting more gullible in my old age.

But there is an attraction of this way of trading I must say. Is it gambling? Well not if you have a statistically proven edge that operates over the option timeframe eg one bar on the hour chart. If you are just having a punt to allay boredom then of course it's gambling but like all trading if you are operating a system in a disciplined way then no it isn't. The main problem with this trading as far as I can see is that all the companies are based outside any UK protective jurisdiction and so you are taking a big gamble on the actual trading company as well as the actual trades. What I do like is the absence of any spread at the entry point. For example if you consider that the next bar on the one hour chart will close lower you only have to be correct by half a pip and you take profit a the end of that bar. This i thought was easier than trying to decide when to take a profit or to take a loss in a conventional way of trading. So currently I am writing indicators in mt4 to trade binary options. I'll let you know how I get on!

Hey,

Have you had a look at betonmarkets? They offer 95% on up/down bets compared to 70-75% at onetwotrade.
Ive been using betonmarkets for a couple of months now after all my financial fixed odds betting accounts have been "restricted" for making too much profit!! From reading some old threads this has happened often to other members here.
Anyone know if Betonmarkets will close your account ( i.e impose restrictions on your account as to make it impossible for you make significant profits) if you are consistently profitable??

P.S Bet the under for NFPs on Friday.

this is the sales pitch that is pasted onto youtube, under the video

"How I earned $700 in under one hour with my free Binary Options System"

Vicky Sum 10 minutes ago
I am a professional Binary Trader making £8,000 a week. From my personal experience, Binary Options are a great way to make money, whether you are experienced or a beginner.
In truth, Binary Options without proper guidance and discipline can lead to losses. But just like a child learning to ride a bike for the first time; with the right training and guidance, anyone can do it.
I currently teach people how to trade Binary for free. e-mail me on: [email protected]

this is the second time i have replied to their brokers, the pitch is exactly the same, only this time the name is different

i then did some searching...

and discovered some valuable insight that comes from former employees of this firm, based in Aldgate, London

“will never be a 9 to 5 job”
Former Trader in London, England (UK) – Reviewed Aug 15, 2012
Pros – financial rewards if you are prepared to work work work and be pushed to work, one trader earnt 12k in two weeks, how often this happens though Im not sure.
Cons – long ...long hours, you will live for the weekends, even then most of the guys in the office are so tired they spent most of their saturdays sleeping.
no results your out the door, i was told this on day one, was also told to not come and ask for holidays.
some times rude comments from management/ trianer, can come across as a bullying/power trip type.
extremely high turnover, many do not return after the 3 day training.
it is comission only - and you are expected to sign someone up on day one as part of 'training homework'.
Advice to Senior Management – dont talk down to staff.

Former Broker in London, England (UK) – Reviewed Mar 7, 2013
Pros – Can learn alot about the stock market. Very Motivational Trainer. Ryan Stevenson
Cons – Not transparent with regards to the fact that you earn NO BASIC, Constantly trying to sell you a fake dream. Extremely High Staff Turnover. Very unprofessional, scruffy looking young boys who work on the trading floor.( makes you feel like you're back in college) Have to generate business for the company before you've even signed a contract. Refuse to talk about what you'll earn instead ask you how much you want to earn and how hard you need to work to get there. Very 1970's style sales techniques taught by the co trainer, reminds me of Delboy from only fools and horses. Constant swearing and vulgar language. Doesnt feel like you're working in the stock market.
Advice to Senior Management – Dont waste people's time. Hire intelligent professional people. Dont swear and be rude (it makes you look very unprofessional and look like a bunch of cowboys) Be transparent in the fact that its 100% Commission. Quit with the Delboy training methods. It's very cringy to watch and makes you feel like you've stepped back in time

“Don't believe the hype”
Former Employee – Reviewed Dec 10, 2012
Pros – A very small percentage of people earn high salaries. If you know people with a lot of money who you can sign up to their platform then you may be ok to start with.
Cons – 100% commision which is fine if you get good leads but the leads given to you are exceptionally poor, new starters are given leads generated from their website from 6 months ago or longer so you have to rely on sourcing your own business. Extremely high staff turnover, around 10-20% of staff have been there for 2 months or longer, the clever ones left sooner.
Advice to Senior Management – Be a lot more transparent about the opportunity your presenting

DO NOT BOTHER RESPONDING TO THE YOUTUBE PITCH, although the email interaction i had with the sales woman was friendly and professional , and very tempting to go forward and depositing a sum of capital to begin trading with

the firm is comprised of boiler room sales managers, who are 100% CERTAINLY NOT TRADERS who have recruited salesmen/women, who are also 100 % CERTAINLY NOT TRADERS

they will not make you any more money than flipping a coin and picking heads or tails

i expect there are many more short term desperate and fraudulent binary option startups just like this one out there

this is the sales pitch that is pasted onto youtube, under the video

"How I earned $700 in under one hour with my free Binary Options System"

Vicky Sum 10 minutes ago
I am a professional Binary Trader making £8,000 a week. From my personal experience, Binary Options are a great way to make money, whether you are experienced or a beginner.
In truth, Binary Options without proper guidance and discipline can lead to losses. But just like a child learning to ride a bike for the first time; with the right training and guidance, anyone can do it.
I currently teach people how to trade Binary for free. e-mail me on: [email protected]

this is the second time i have replied to their brokers, the pitch is exactly the same, only this time the name is different

i then did some searching...

and discovered some valuable insight that comes from former employees of this firm, based in Aldgate, London

“will never be a 9 to 5 job”
Former Trader in London, England (UK) – Reviewed Aug 15, 2012
Pros – financial rewards if you are prepared to work work work and be pushed to work, one trader earnt 12k in two weeks, how often this happens though Im not sure.
Cons – long ...long hours, you will live for the weekends, even then most of the guys in the office are so tired they spent most of their saturdays sleeping.
no results your out the door, i was told this on day one, was also told to not come and ask for holidays.
some times rude comments from management/ trianer, can come across as a bullying/power trip type.
extremely high turnover, many do not return after the 3 day training.
it is comission only - and you are expected to sign someone up on day one as part of 'training homework'.
Advice to Senior Management – dont talk down to staff.

Former Broker in London, England (UK) – Reviewed Mar 7, 2013
Pros – Can learn alot about the stock market. Very Motivational Trainer. Ryan Stevenson
Cons – Not transparent with regards to the fact that you earn NO BASIC, Constantly trying to sell you a fake dream. Extremely High Staff Turnover. Very unprofessional, scruffy looking young boys who work on the trading floor.( makes you feel like you're back in college) Have to generate business for the company before you've even signed a contract. Refuse to talk about what you'll earn instead ask you how much you want to earn and how hard you need to work to get there. Very 1970's style sales techniques taught by the co trainer, reminds me of Delboy from only fools and horses. Constant swearing and vulgar language. Doesnt feel like you're working in the stock market.
Advice to Senior Management – Dont waste people's time. Hire intelligent professional people. Dont swear and be rude (it makes you look very unprofessional and look like a bunch of cowboys) Be transparent in the fact that its 100% Commission. Quit with the Delboy training methods. It's very cringy to watch and makes you feel like you've stepped back in time

“Don't believe the hype”
Former Employee – Reviewed Dec 10, 2012
Pros – A very small percentage of people earn high salaries. If you know people with a lot of money who you can sign up to their platform then you may be ok to start with.
Cons – 100% commision which is fine if you get good leads but the leads given to you are exceptionally poor, new starters are given leads generated from their website from 6 months ago or longer so you have to rely on sourcing your own business. Extremely high staff turnover, around 10-20% of staff have been there for 2 months or longer, the clever ones left sooner.
Advice to Senior Management – Be a lot more transparent about the opportunity your presenting

DO NOT BOTHER RESPONDING TO THE YOUTUBE PITCH, although the email interaction i had with the sales woman was friendly and professional , and very tempting to go forward and depositing a sum of capital to begin trading with

the firm is comprised of boiler room sales managers, who are 100% CERTAINLY NOT TRADERS who have recruited salesmen/women, who are also 100 % CERTAINLY NOT TRADERS

they will not make you any more money than flipping a coin and picking heads or tails

i expect there are many more short term desperate and fraudulent binary option startups just like this one out there

Well I have to be fair to onetwotrade at this point. I did get my £1000 money back (eventually) that I had deposited. after several stroppy e-mails This was after having wagered more than that amount in trades as per their Terms and Conditions. I got he money back to the credit card that I had funded the account with. So I am now in fact trading with the bonus money that they gave me when I deposited the £1000. Yeh betonmarkets looks better with higher payouts and the ability to create bespoke options expiries.

Has anyone had a go at the 60 second binary option strategies that are touted on YouTube as being sure fire winners? You basically look at the trading consensus chart on the binary website eg Traderush and if most people are buying puts for example you then enter a 60 second put trade with a stake of £5. If you win this you look at the trading consensus chart once more and if still short you do the same. When you lose you then immediately place a new trade with a £10 stake. If this wins you are up overall and you go back to trading £5. If you lose the £10 stake you immediately go short again and stake £25 and so on.
The spiel is that you may have t stake up to £100 but at this point you will always win doing this as the market never rises/falls more than 4 individual one minute bars when the consensus of traders is saying up/down.
This seems to good to be true. But according to the guys posting this they are showing live accounts going from a few hundred pounds to may thousands in a few days. Is this BS? Apparently you can open a demo account with Traderushto potentially validate this trading approach with virtual money. I think I'll give this a go.
At the moment I am still trading binaries on onetwotrade using mainly Gold and Silver on the hourly expiry options and these pay out 80%. I am getting a hit rate of 2:1 wins:losers at the moment using an EBay system (Binary Trader Pro) that was only a few quid.

I AM A PREVIOUS EMPLOYEE OF ONETWOTRADE
This company is full of a bunch of cowboys selling a dream to both its customers and its employees. As an employee I was told to sign up 5 people (friends and family) and get them to open up accounts with onetwotrade with a £200 pound deposit. We were constantly given speeches from our trainer Reece who by the way failed to teach us any sales techniques or anything useful at all and by the company owner Alan Levy who had apparently bought virgin cosmetics, which was at the time making serious loses of Mr Branson himself and turned the company around to making major profits. We were told that Richard Branson then begged for Alan to sell the company back to him at a ridiculous mark up but then could not manage the company correctly and then business closed down. I find it VERY hard to believe that Alan Levy can do anything with a business the Sir Richard Branson can't and tried to research this amazing man to see if I could find out more details about him. Several searches on google found NO TRACE of this man whatsoever ANYWHERE not even on the onetwotrade website look for yourself.
One of Alan Levy's ways of convincing us as employees to con our friends and family into trading with this company was to tell them to deposit only £200 (who really has that spare nowadays??) and that if they did just 5 trades for just £10 each without a win they could easily withdrawal their money having only lost £50 but gaining the priceless experience and advice of trading that onetwotrade offers. THIS IS A LIE!!! as we was clearly told by our militant trainer Reece, anyone who opens an account with onetwotrade cannot withdrawal their money until they have turned it over at least once through trading; therefore if you trade the full £200 but loose every trade you loose all of your money, its in their t&c's again look for yourself. Whats more as an employee, for the gullable ones who do sign up 5 people, their clients are then passed on to the other 10-15 brokers who have already been in the company for a while and the new employee is left to start from scratch again calling old leads from previous employees, all the while YOU ARE NOT GETTING PAID FOR THIS. Having read other reviews from customers I can see that onetwotrade treats them just as bad. Too many things about this company don't add up and anyone would be a fool to trade with them or work for them THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY!!!! Just for the record I am not a scorned employee and I wasn't fired I just think its disgusting that the trainers and particularly the owner try to brainwash everyone that walk through their doors and its a shame that some employees fall for it and end up putting their own friends and families in difficult situations. Personally I am going to report this company to every authority I can and have plenty of evidence to back myself up. PLEASE DON'T GET SUCKED IN BY THE FAKE REVIEWS THIS COMPANY HAS WRITTEN FOR ITSELF!!!! If you are considering trading with them my advice would be to take a trip down to their offices based in Aldgate and have a look around for yourself. They don't even have computers and frankly it is laughable considering the company is owned by a multi millionaire and backed by "billionaires" who have invested in it.
If you really want to trust your money and investments in the hand of a bunch of young people who are hired without having to have any experience in sales or the financial market whatsoever do so at your own risk.

I AM A PREVIOUS EMPLOYEE OF ONETWOTRADE
This company is full of a bunch of cowboys selling a dream to both its customers and its employees. As an employee I was told to sign up 5 people (friends and family) and get them to open up accounts with onetwotrade with a £200 pound deposit. We were constantly given speeches from our trainer Reece who by the way failed to teach us any sales techniques or anything useful at all and by the company owner Alan Levy who had apparently bought virgin cosmetics, which was at the time making serious loses of Mr Branson himself and turned the company around to making major profits. We were told that Richard Branson then begged for Alan to sell the company back to him at a ridiculous mark up but then could not manage the company correctly and then business closed down. I find it VERY hard to believe that Alan Levy can do anything with a business the Sir Richard Branson can't and tried to research this amazing man to see if I could find out more details about him. Several searches on google found NO TRACE of this man whatsoever ANYWHERE not even on the onetwotrade website look for yourself.
One of Alan Levy's ways of convincing us as employees to con our friends and family into trading with this company was to tell them to deposit only £200 (who really has that spare nowadays??) and that if they did just 5 trades for just £10 each without a win they could easily withdrawal their money having only lost £50 but gaining the priceless experience and advice of trading that onetwotrade offers. THIS IS A LIE!!! as we was clearly told by our militant trainer Reece, anyone who opens an account with onetwotrade cannot withdrawal their money until they have turned it over at least once through trading; therefore if you trade the full £200 but loose every trade you loose all of your money, its in their t&c's again look for yourself. Whats more as an employee, for the gullable ones who do sign up 5 people, their clients are then passed on to the other 10-15 brokers who have already been in the company for a while and the new employee is left to start from scratch again calling old leads from previous employees, all the while YOU ARE NOT GETTING PAID FOR THIS. Having read other reviews from customers I can see that onetwotrade treats them just as bad. Too many things about this company don't add up and anyone would be a fool to trade with them or work for them THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY!!!! Just for the record I am not a scorned employee and I wasn't fired I just think its disgusting that the trainers and particularly the owner try to brainwash everyone that walk through their doors and its a shame that some employees fall for it and end up putting their own friends and families in difficult situations. Personally I am going to report this company to every authority I can and have plenty of evidence to back myself up. PLEASE DON'T GET SUCKED IN BY THE FAKE REVIEWS THIS COMPANY HAS WRITTEN FOR ITSELF!!!! If you are considering trading with them my advice would be to take a trip down to their offices based in Aldgate and have a look around for yourself. They don't even have computers and frankly it is laughable considering the company is owned by a multi millionaire and backed by "billionaires" who have invested in it.
If you really want to trust your money and investments in the hand of a bunch of young people who are hired without having to have any experience in sales or the financial market whatsoever do so at your own risk.

How old is Levy?

For some really strange reason these guys never seem to learn. They keep calling and forget what you told them last time......have even pulled a pboyles on them......but they keep persist

Every day I see 3 or 4 new users come here and post a link to onetwotrade. This is enough to convince me that this firm is very dodgy and you should steer well clear, and I don't even need to know what they offer.

I suggest that something is done to stop this nonsense. Sites usually have a way to stop particular words that are offensive being used. Could they make 'onetwotrade' or 'onetwotrade.com' an blocked word so that we stop these repeated attempts to advertise, or find a way to block links to particular sites. I've reported at least 3 in the past week, they are obviously repeatedly breaking the rules.

Last edited:
at least the T2W crew here have highlighted it .........

my experiences over the years trying to stop vendors posting garbage is that they are both cleverer and better resourced than i am ......after all they have the money from duped clients !

sigh.........
N

Last edited by a moderator: