Daily ATR(200): 1.62 (1.18%)
Weekly ATR(52): 3.82 (2.77%)

ATR Targets

1x ATR: 136.095
1.5x ATR: 135.29
2x ATR: 134.475

Re: chilltrader you are in

closed @ 16265

Hi chilltrader. The rules are that you get the closing price of one minute bar of when you post your exit. You just need to say "EXIT" or "CLOSE" for speed.

So your exit price at 8:18pm was 1.6264 which was only 1 pip worse anyway. You still managed a 168 pip gain intraday.

Closing Trade

GBPUSD (FX:GBPUSD)
Direction: Long

Entry: 1.6096
Exit: 1.6264

Percentage Gain: 1.04%

ATR Adjusted Percentage Gain: 1.45%

Well done chilltrader, you managed to get almost 1 and half times the daily range. This will be a hard one to beat this week I think. (y)

Below is an update of this weeks trades so far. chilltrader leads with his GBPUSD trade, but there's still 3 days left, so someone else could still get the win.

Closed Positions - ATR Adjusted
Pat494
LSE:VED
0.36%

chilltrader
FX:GBPUSD
1.45%

Open Positions - ATR Adjusted

TradeTheEasyWay
LSE:CNE
Current: 0.44%

tar
LSE:XTA
Current: 0.09%

Black Swan
FX:AUDUSD
Current: -0.17%

wigtrade
NYSE:F
Current: -1.40%

isatrader
NYSE:GLD
Current: -1.19%

SlipperyC
DBI DAX
Current: -0.11%

I get the feeling I'm going to be stopped out of my gold trade tomorrow at the open. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes. Hopefully my long term trade in Randgold Resources, which has taken a beating lately, might finally start to move up again if Gold can hold the break out.

RRS is one dog of a stock as of late, no liquidity in it to get away any size, seemingly lost all correlation with gold as a commodity, rns is always bad news......still every dog has it's day.....

I look forward to seeing the trades you Guys set out now and your analysis. This is great.

I thought the gbpusd trade was really well timed this week, exits can be tough but that was on the button.

A few trades posted over the last few weeks have really got me confused what traders saw in them but that's the beauty of trading, always 2 sides to it.

Took close to 200 points on oil today, that consolidation pattern works really well.

Keep it up Guys.

Mike

I look forward to seeing the trades you Guys set out now and your analysis. This is great.

I thought the gbpusd trade was really well timed this week, exits can be tough but that was on the button.

A few trades posted over the last few weeks have really got me confused what traders saw in them but that's the beauty of trading, always 2 sides to it.

Took close to 200 points on oil today, that consolidation pattern works really well.

Keep it up Guys.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I'm glad people are getting something good out of this. I wasn't sure how it would work with everyone trading such different products, but the ATR adjustment to make it fair seems to be working really well.

If people have time once they've closed their trades and can post a follow up analysis. Then that would make it even better.

Like Mike said, keep it up everyone (y)

Grrr. Looks like I'm out of my Dax trade again. :confused:

My timing on this weekly thread is becoming 'problematic'!