One Trade a Week

my eurusd - sell please here - 1.4520 - whopps, forgot how I set this up, eneded up changing the plan in my real account.

Mike

Hi All: New kid on the block here. Is this still open? If, so I would like to participate if possible.

Thanks,

Don

eegozi your OCO order for silver was filled this morning at 8.01am

Here's the full entry details:

Trade Details:
Silver (Sept Contract)
Direction: Short
Entry: 34.33
Stop: 35.27
Target: 25

Percentage Risk: 6.01% (-0.76% ATR Adjusted)
Target Gain: 33.08% (10.64% ATR Adjusted)

Risk Ratio: 5.50

Daily ATR(200): 1.2044 (3.51%)
Weekly ATR(52): 2.6519 (7.72%)

ATR Targets
-1x ATR: 35.53
1x ATR: 33.13
1.5x ATR: 32.52
2x ATR: 31.92

Good luck

Isa,

Not that its a big deal but I cancelled my short SLV order,... prior to fill. My OCO order was for SLV an ETF in US (not silver itself). I dont trade 24 hrs a day. Not sure how this was filled as my order was cancelled here on TradeAWeek at the same time I cancelled with my broker. Markets were closed at that time. I am currently planning on shorting at a higher price point. I will update when i do. Thanks.

Isa,

Not that its a big deal but I cancelled my short SLV order,... prior to fill. My OCO order was for SLV an ETF in US (not silver itself). I dont trade 24 hrs a day. Not sure how this was filled as my order was cancelled here on TradeAWeek at the same time I cancelled with my broker. Markets were closed at that time. I am currently planning on shorting at a higher price point. I will update when i do. Thanks.

You're right eegozi, my mistake. It's been a tough week as my girlfriends mum has been diagnosed with bone cancer so my heads not been with it this week and I put you down as spot silver instead of the SLV ETF. So I've taken you off this weeks list as you didn't get filled after all as I made a mistake :whistling

Hi All: New kid on the block here. Is this still open? If, so I would like to participate if possible.

Thanks,

Don

Hi Don, yep, you can join in. Basic rules are in the opening post and let me know if you have any questions.

You're right eegozi, my mistake. It's been a tough week as my girlfriends mum has been diagnosed with bone cancer so my heads not been with it this week and I put you down as spot silver instead of the SLV ETF. So I've taken you off this weeks list as you didn't get filled after all as I made a mistake :whistling

Isa,

Thanks,...SO SORRY to hear about your GF mom. My sincerest sympathy!

As for the trade,....I suppose i should have "warehoused the trade" as per your instructions in the 1st post. I am new to this so didnt understand your system.

I am now deciding to put my trade on as of today.

It is SHORT SLV at Buy stop (stop market order not stop limit) of $33.58 with a Target of $25 and stop loss price of $35.86. I suspect it will get filled today as the market opens here in US.

Thanks.

Thanks eegozi, with regard to your trade on the thread. It will only be open today if you get filled as all trades in the competition are only to the close of play on a Friday and then I tally up the weeks results. You could however reopen the trade on Monday if you want to carry it through to another week. But all trades on the thread have to be opened and closed in the same week as that's the time limit for this competition. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks eegozi, with regard to your trade on the thread. It will only be open today if you get filled as all trades in the competition are only to the close of play on a Friday and then I tally up the weeks results. You could however reopen the trade on Monday if you want to carry it through to another week. But all trades on the thread have to be opened and closed in the same week as that's the time limit for this competition. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks. So this is only for 1-5 days long trade? So If I want to continue my trade to next week will it remain with the same strike price from this week or will it start as of the open of markets next week?

I am viewing this as a longer term trade for weeks to months at present unless I get stopped out.

Thanks. So this is only for 1-5 days long trade? So If I want to continue my trade to next week will it remain with the same strike price from this week or will it start as of the open of markets next week?

I am viewing this as a longer term trade for weeks to months at present unless I get stopped out.

Yep that's the purpose of the thread. It's a weekly competition, so it's up to 5 days length in a single week and all orders have to be placed at the weekend. All trades are closed on the Friday at close of play if they are still open. So you have to specify your trade again the following weekend and new entry details. So if you just want to carry on the previous closed trade then you can specify a market order which would get you back in at the opening price on Monday.

SL Green Realty Corporation Com (NYSE: SLG )

Buy
Market Order
MOC for Monday (Market order close the position at close Monday)

Thank you guys...one cool thread, got the site address. Bookmarked it, thanks very much now i'll start monitoring my consumption.

cheers mates and thanks

priya:clap:

Name______ATR Adjusted Percentage
Pat494_______________1.70%
SlipperyC_____________1.31%
collin2985____________0.04%
eegozi_______________0.06%
tradeAweek__________-0.40%
isatrader_____________-2.73%
TradeTheEasyWay_____-3.53%

Well done to Pat for another weekly win, taking his tally to 4 wins for Q2. :clap:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-07-02 at 19.18.04.png
    Screen shot 2011-07-02 at 19.18.04.png
    70 KB · Views: 157
Q2 Final League Table

Name_____ATR Adjusted Percentage______Performance Points______Total
Pat494______________4.07%____________________4_________________8.07
tradeAweek__________4.48%____________________1_________________5.48
dmt257______________3.00%___________________2_________________5.00
collin2985____________1.71%___________________2_________________3.71
SlipperyC_____________2.77%___________________0_________________2.77
Canto1922____________1.55%___________________1_________________2.55
CityTrader90__________1.39%___________________1_________________2.39
isatrader_____________-1.34%__________________1_________________-0.34
A_fr_________________-2.56%___________________0_________________-2.56
wigtrade_____________-4.23%___________________0_________________-4.23
TradeTheEasyWay______-5.83%__________________1_________________-4.83

Ok everyone, that's Q2 over and unfortunately it's the final week of the thread as well. My work commitments and my girlfriends mum's illness mean that I haven't got the necessary time to continue doing the thread each week unfortunately. It's been great though and I hope you've all got something out of it in your own trading by taking part. I know I have.

A big congratulations to Pat494 who takes the Q2 win. Pat has consistently be a top performer on this thread with 3 wins in Q1 as well so well done Pat, the honours are yours, and as you so kingly gave me a crown on your thread, I've returned the favour. :cheesy:

So alas that is the end. Good luck everyone in the future. It's been a pleasure.

Attachments

• pat.jpg
    pat.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 482
Sad news isa.

Its been a good competition and has taught me a couple of good lessons about stop adjustments, overtrading and patience.

Thanks for all of the considerable effort you've put into this thread and good luck in the future. :D

Sad news isa.

Its been a good competition and has taught me a couple of good lessons about stop adjustments, overtrading and patience.

Thanks for all of the considerable effort you've put into this thread and good luck in the future. :D

Thanks Slip. I appreciate it. Good luck to you too :cool:

Re: Q2 Final League Table

isatrader;1604222 My work commitments and my girlfriends mum's illness mean that I haven't got the necessary time to continue doing the thread each week unfortunately. It's been great though and I hope you've all got something out of it in your own trading by taking part. I know I have. . :cheesy: So alas that is the end. Good luck everyone in the future. It's been a pleasure.[/QUOTE said:
Been a good competition and sad to see its end. Hopefully your domestic issues will resolve themselves.
Hope you can still spare 2 minutes for the S&P competition - after all you are our 2nd quarter STAR performer.

All the best - Pat

Hi Pat,

I'll have a go at the S&P competition - if thats OK? Can you tell me the thread link?

Thanks.