One Trade a Week

My take profit was missed by 6.5 pips according to my feed, but I know that mine and Isa's are a little off, so im hoping for good news:innocent:

It was a stupid thing to do placing it at 1.675. It should have been 1.674 to avoid the psychological issue that that number.

Stop to b/e on mine.

Last edited:
go DAX go!

everything looks like a parabolic blow off today! DAX, S&P, NAS, FTSE, GOLD, OIL, DOLLAR

Fireworks!

My take profit was missed by 6.5 pips according to my feed, but I know that mine and Isa's feed's are a little off, so im hoping for good news:innocent:

It was a stupid thing to do placing it at 1.675. It should have been 1.674 to avoid the psychological issue.

Stop to b/e on mine.

Sorry dmt, the price on ADVFN made a high at 1.6746, so it was only 4 pips out of your target. There is still plenty of time left though this week and forex is a very technical trading oriented market I've noticed. So a retest of the high seems likely IMO unless there's some news that changes sentiment before that can happen.

Attached is the chart from ADVFN

Attachments

• GBPUSD_30min_28-4-11.png
    GBPUSD_30min_28-4-11.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 111
Haha, thanks Isa. Oh well, at least I understand where I went wrong. Won't do that again:D

go DAX go!

everything looks like a parabolic blow off today! DAX, S&P, NAS, FTSE, GOLD, OIL, DOLLAR

Fireworks!

I'm glad someone else thinks the same as me. I started buying protection for my account last week, but it has felt a bit lonely this week as there are so many bullish people around. I know they say that's usually a sign but I'm basing my bearishness on the money moving into bonds again. TLT had a weekly volume buy signal last week on my charts and I use that as my main signal to take some risk off the playing field.

Edit: Here's the Barrons magazine cover this week. Bearish indicator maybe? And I've added the 60 minute P&F chart of the TLT as it is showing some signs of breaking out of the five month base.

Attachments

• barrons.jpg
    barrons.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 117
  • TLT_60min_PnF_27-4-11.png
    TLT_60min_PnF_27-4-11.png
    25 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Ever had that feeling that the market is out to get one ?
Pure paranoia of course. I should have put the stop fractionally lower because now its bounding up

Attachments

• qinetiq.png
    qinetiq.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 132
Ever had that feeling that the market is out to get one ?
Pure paranoia of course. I should have put the stop fractionally lower because now its bounding up

Yep. Price was 4 pips off my s/l overnight and now its 105 haha.

But yes, its not the markets fault, its ours. My stop was placed badly.

Well, despite the fact that its broken out above recent highs, I reckon my Weekly trade this week will be a DAX short from 7500!

I just feel like its one new high too many recently.

I'm glad someone else thinks the same as me. I started buying protection for my account last week, but it has felt a bit lonely this week as there are so many bullish people around. I know they say that's usually a sign but I'm basing my bearishness on the money moving into bonds again. TLT had a weekly volume buy signal last week on my charts and I use that as my main signal to take some risk off the playing field.

Edit: Here's the Barrons magazine cover this week. Bearish indicator maybe? And I've added the 60 minute P&F chart of the TLT as it is showing some signs of breaking out of the five month base.

Sorry Mike, you've been stopped out of your Soybeans trade for a small loss. Here's the closing details:

Closing Trade

Soybeans (ZS NI - Soybeans July Contract)
Direction: Long
Entry: 1381
Exit: 1361

Percentage loss: -1.45%

ATR Adjusted Percentage loss: -0.74%

Trade Grade: E

Attachments

• cbotcis.png
    cbotcis.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 111
wigtrade your trade in Tesco was automatically closed at the end of day as the UK market is shut tomorrow. So here's your closing details:

Closing Trade

Tesco (LSE:TSCO)
Entry: 398
Exit: 403.55

Percentage Gain: 1.39%

ATR Adjusted Percentage Gain: 0.84%

Trade Grade: C

Well done wig, this one had good relative strength all week and adds 0.84% ATR Adjusted to your overall score.

Attachments

• TSCO_30min_28-4-11.png
    TSCO_30min_28-4-11.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 126
Thanks Dave, beans looked good for a run, never mind.

Some good trades this week Guys, very well done.

Mike

wigtrade your trade in Tesco was automatically closed at the end of day as the UK market is shut tomorrow. So here's your closing details:

Well done wig, this one had good relative strength all week and adds 0.84% ATR Adjusted to your overall score.

Thanks isa, about time one went my way on here :cheesy:

Next stop... Breakeven :eek:

good trading all
Cheers
Wig

Ok, no worries, I've updated for you.

To take the win this week you need to exit above 1.6697 by my calculations.

Thanks Isa.

Well Im 45 pips off that currently, but my man Bernanke is speaking later:clap:

In fact I think I will make a new system around him. It will go like this....go long Gold and Silver just before he is talking someplace, and short the dollar. Likely 95%+ win rate.

I'll close mine please :) We are stuck at the 1.67 level after being not too far far off my t/p again:rolleyes:

Ok thanks dmt. I have your closing time as 8.20pm on the thread so the closing price I have for GBPUSD was 1.6703

Closing Trade

GBPUSD (FX:GBPUSD)
Entry: 1.6557
Exit: 1.6703

Percentage Gain: 0.88%

Points Gain: 146

ATR Adjusted Percentage Gain: 1.32%

Trade Grade: B

Well done dmt, this gives you the winning trade of the week and puts you out in front again for the quarter. (y)

Week 13 Results

This weeks winner was dmt257 with a good trade in the GBPUSD with 146 point gain or 1.32% (ATR Adjusted). Well done :clap:

Name_________ATR Adjusted Percentage
dmt257___________1.32%
SlipperyC__________1.25%
wigtrade___________0.84%
isatrader__________-0.02%
TradeTheEasyWay___-0.74%
Pat494____________-1.37%

Below is the results spreadsheet

Attachments

• Trades_results_29-4-11.png
    Trades_results_29-4-11.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 120