One Trade a Week

I am late :!:
Enter

tar, I'm having a problem getting a price for crude for your entry on ADVFN and on the CME as the intraday prices aren't showing. Let me know what price you have for it at 4:06am and I can update it with the official price later when they update them.

SlipperyC your stop was gaped through at the open and you were filled at the open price of 6668.99

Closing Trade

DAX Index (DBI DAX)
Direction: Long

Entry: 6880
Exit: 6668.99

Percentage Gain: -3.07%

ATR Adjusted Percentage Gain: -2.28%

Not a lot you could have done about that. When people panic, almost all stocks get sold off.

My stop loss for BG Group (BG.L) of 1479 was hit at 08.03am, so therefore:

Closing Trade

BG Group (LSE:BG.)
Direction: Long

Entry: 1483.5
Exit: 1479

Percentage Loss: -0.30%

ATR Adjusted Percentage Loss: -0.15%

Although I took a loss, I'm actually happy with this judging by today's price action as moving the stop loss protected my account from the hysteria today.

Easy win for Pat494 this week by the look of it as Physiomics is rallying, unless tar or wig can catch him.

tar, i'm having a problem getting a price for crude for your entry on advfn and on the cme as the intraday prices aren't showing. Let me know what price you have for it at 4:06am and i can update it with the official price later when they update them.

Attachments

• 10012.jpg
    10012.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 130

Thanks tar, here's your entry details:

Trade Details:
Crude Oil May 11 Futures (NYMEX:CL\K11)
Direction: Short
Entry: 100.12
Stop: 105.12
Target: 95.12

Percentage Risk: 4.99%
Target Gain: 5.26%

Risk Ratio: 1.05

Daily ATR(200): 1.5579 (1.56%)
Weekly ATR(52): 4.0133 (4.01%)

ATR Targets
-1x ATR: 101.68
1x ATR: 98.56
1.5x ATR: 97.78
2x ATR: 97.00

Good luck

hi isa, my long order isn't going to be hit now.
Can I cancel it and change my pick?

if so:
LOG (Logica) - SELL

Stop 128
Target 117

Enter!

Cheers
Wig

hi isa, my long order isn't going to be hit now.
Can I cancel it and change my pick?

Ok, I'll allow it this time. But I think it's something the group needs to discuss as to how we do it in the future.

I'll update your entry details in a bit for you

Cheers

Ok, I'll allow it this time. But I think it's something the group needs to discuss as to how we do it in the future.

I'll update your entry details in a bit for you

Cheers

Good man, and for the record I think this sort of practice should be outlawed in the future :p

cheers
Wig

should be outlawed in the future !!

dear dear

How about the past too ?

I think personally that it shouldn't be done as the whole point of the thread is for each person to submit their highest conviction trade for the coming week, and switching direction means that it failed.

I think there could be an option to submit a new trade mid week if your original pick fails to get an entry, but it would need to be submitted after the close and traded the following day as per normal. Thoughts?

I think personally that it shouldn't be done as the whole point of the thread is for each person to submit their highest conviction trade for the coming week, and switching direction means that it failed.

I think there could be an option to submit a new trade mid week if your original pick fails to get an entry, but it would need to be submitted after the close and traded the following day as per normal. Thoughts?

The thin end of the wedge imho

Why not 1 bet per day rising to 1 bet per hour ?

Might take a lotta time to supervise so its up to you really

I'm happy with 1 bet per week and no sneeking in under the bar past time

The thin end of the wedge imho
Why not 1 bet per day rising to 1 bet per hour ?
Might take a lotta time to supervise so its up to you really
I'm happy with 1 bet per week and no sneeking in under the bar past time

Yep I'm inclined to agree, it takes a lot of time to manage the thread. My aim with the thread is for it to be everyone's highest conviction trade for the week ahead not the next day as you say Pat.

So I'll have to be strict and say no new picks if the weekend pick doesn't get filled as it isn't fair to the others. If that happens you just get a scratched trade for the week.

Yep I'm inclined to agree, it takes a lot of time to manage the thread. My aim with the thread is for it to be everyone's highest conviction trade for the week ahead not the next day as you say Pat.

So I'll have to be strict and say no new picks if the weekend pick doesn't get filled as it isn't fair to the others. If that happens you just get a scratched trade for the week.

Good on you sport - showing a bit of backbone and being fair imho

well I never, you don't know what things will come to these days

:)

Positions Update

Here's the updated positions spreadsheet as of around 7pm tonight. tar currently leads with his oil short and the group as a whole is making a profit which is good going considering the price action in the broad markets.

Attachments

• Trades_spreadsheet_15-3-11.png
    Trades_spreadsheet_15-3-11.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 117
easy there pat only a game now!!

I don't mind either way - my 'in the future' comment was very tongue in cheek I don't want to create extra hassle for isa, or offend the more sensitive souls in the group!

cheers
Wig

tar, I've got the official entry price for you oil short now and you'll be pleased to know it was a lot better than the price your software had. At 4.06am on 15/3/11 it was 100.75. So I've adjusted your entry details and added the new targets:

Trade Details:
Crude Oil May 11 Futures (NYMEX:CL\K11)
Direction: Short
Entry: 100.75
Stop: 105.75
Target: 95.75

Percentage Risk: 4.96%
Target Gain: 5.22%

Risk Ratio: 1.05

Daily ATR(200): 1.5579 (1.55%)
Weekly ATR(52): 4.0133 (3.98%)

ATR Targets
-1x ATR: 102.31
1x ATR: 99.19
1.5x ATR: 98.41
2x ATR: 97.63

You're currently in the lead as I type as may crude is around 97.98, so that's a 1.83% ATR Adjused gain currently. So almost 2 full days average range. (y)