EURCHF (FX:EURCHF)
Direction: Long

Entry: 1.2951
Exit: 1.3038

Points Gain: 0.0087

Percentage Gain: 0.67%

ATR Adjusted Percentage Gain: 0.80%

Well done chill, another good trade (y)

Woah!Go Heritage! Someone lit a fire under its ass!!

Looks like you might storm to the top of the weekly chart with this one isa!

Pat494 you have been stopped out of Vedanta (VED.L). Your stop of 2359 was hit at 8.38am.

Closing Trade

Vedanta (LSE:VED)

Entry: 2436
Exit: 2359

Percentage loss: -3.16%

ATR Adjusted Percentage Gain: -0.96%

Unlucky Pat, it just caught your stop loss. It has been a tough start to week for the miners.

This one will probably reach my target. But I'm happy to take profits here. As Dr Elder always says, "Decide when is enough". So as this is winning so far and it is past the first target I'm happy with it. You can guarantee it will go higher now though.

The closing price at 9.20am was 292

Closing Trade

Heritage Oil (LSE:HOIL)

Entry: 276
Exit: 292

Percentage Gain: 5.80%

ATR Adjusted Percentage Gain: 1.11%

Just looked and as predicted it is going higher and will probably reach the 300 target. I still have it in my SB account as am using daily bars, so will hold on to it until the daily bar wavers.

Last edited:
Pat494 you have been stopped out of Vedanta (VED.L). Your stop of 2359 was hit at 8.38am.

Closing Trade

Vedanta (LSE:VED)

Entry: 2436
Exit: 2359

Percentage loss: -3.16%

ATR Adjusted Percentage Gain: -0.96%

Unlucky Pat, it just caught your stop loss. It has been a tough start to week for the miners.

may well recover by the week's end imho
missed you on the S&P weekly forecast David

may well recover by the week's end imho
missed you on the S&P weekly forecast David

I didn't realise I hadn't made my weekly prediction for the S&P until last night. Probably best as I've no idea where it's going this week. Flat maybe. I will put my Mystic Meg hat back on next week though :whistling

HOIL.L has hit my original target of 300. Predictable after you sell eh!! Is up 9.2% so far today.

Isa, Heritage oil is being targetted by BG. I think this has really got legs, I will see how it settles.

As a pilot said to me the other day, taking off is easy, landing is the tough bit.

Euro weak across the board so far today. Interesting there are3 euro trades in the comptetion this week and I'm the only short. I did say I was sticking my neck out.

Mike

Isa, Heritage oil is being targetted by BG. I think this has really got legs, I will see how it settles.

I hadn't seen that. Have you got a link? As I'm looking for a longer term holding in the oil sector. Currently looking at HOIL.L, PMO.L and BG.L, but need to do more research.

Isa, go to this page and scroll to bottom / latest messages.

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn:HOIL.L&it=le

Mike

Thanks Mike. I had a look. It looks like just forum speculation at the moment so I'm won't make any decisions based on that. Fundamentally HOIL.L looks great, 55.60% cash, Current and Quick Ratio of 10.27 and it made a relative strength buy signal today against the S&P 500 equal weighted index ($SPXEW) which I like to look at. I think I'm going to watch how it reacts around this 300 resistance level as I think it could drop back again before the trend turns around as the short sellers that hammered it this year might see an opportunity for some quick profits after this sharp rise.

Attachments

• SharpChartv05.png
    SharpChartv05.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 149
  • SharpChartv05-1.png
    SharpChartv05-1.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 141
isa,
I'll lend you some of my strong tape and glue!

Thanks, that might help. I think I've just go to have more faith in my targets. Maybe I'll trial moving my stop loss up to the around 1% ATR level depending on intraday S/R levels once I've made over a 1.5x ATR move to try and catch the bigger moves, but protect my profits if it turns around like HOIL.L has done today.

Long EXPE (Expedia), limit at 2,200, stop at 1,950.

I reckon the markets over-reacted to the poor results (particularly the EBITDA).

Please close trade at current price of 2169-2170. reached R3 for today, that's fine. Prediction that stock was oversold looks sound.

Thanks Black Swan. The closing price I have at 5.48pm for EXPE was 21.685. So therefore:

Closing Trade

Expedia (NASDAQ:EXPE)

Entry: 20.70
Exit: 21.685

Percentage Gain: 4.76%

ATR Adjusted Percentage Gain: 1.23%

Nice trade Black Swan. This puts you in the lead currently this week with a solid 1.23% ATR Adjusted Percentage Gain. (y)

Hi Guys, I need to move my stop 2 bars back to just above entry. I'm happy to give it another day, counter trend trades need more time.

Euro is holding daily support after 2 dasy of selling so I need the yen to pick up here which I have to say is not looking good in the index.

EURJPY short:
Stop: 115.30

Mike