Olympics

yeah there is, gots me a tenner on Lance Indurain ftw.

I see none of the fat knackers on here are interested, at least Queenie was getting well into it last night....shame she missed team GB entering, she decided giving herself a manicure was far more important!

james-ingham-jamesinrehab-tweeted-didnt-think-the-salute-pic-could-be-beaten-but-queen-elizabeth-picking-her-nails-while-team-gb-comes-out-is-a-close-2nd.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ay1 If we had more like her and less like you...

Too right, I'd ditch this trading lark and open a nail salon:p...
Perhaps I'm the only one who was slightly dissapointed to see the other nations dignataries 'giving it some' when their homeslice's entered the shed and yet when team GB ent

Too right, I'd ditch this trading lark and open a nail salon:p...
Perhaps I'm the only one who was slightly dissapointed to see the other nations dignataries 'giving it some' when their homeslice's entered the shed and yet when team GB ent

I'm 80. She is several years older than me and I would not want to do that. I think that you are right, but it should not be her, she's done her bit. There should be a stack of Royals giving incentive to the GB teams. Heaven knows that there are enough of them and they are paid enough.

I've looked at the photo. How do you know that she was not nodding off? I do it, sometimes, even when I know that I should not be! Wait until you get there!

I'm 80. She is several years older than me and I would not want to do that. I think that you are right, but it should not be her, she's done her bit. There should be a stack of Royals giving incentive to the GB teams. Heaven knows that there are enough of them and they are paid enough.

I've looked at the photo. How do you know that she was not nodding off? I do it, sometimes, even when I know that I should not be! Wait until you get there!

I'm only one third of the way there and do it too, more so in the summer(y)
In fairness I would imagine the Queens role is quite a chore (at any age) most of the time.

Gutted but not surprised to see that the Paula Radcliffe is out:cry:

I think the Olympics is great and I'm thrilled it is in London. I cycle pass the complex everyday. Enjoyed the opening ceremony too.

However, as for being the peoples Olympic I'm very much disappointed.

At Victoria Park there are couple of big screens, a music band stand, balloon and some big wheel and other contraptions. But the whole area is boarded up and is approx £15-20 for entry. Only 7000 people are allowed in.

Same goes for Hyde Park. One of my colleagues went there with his family and was told he couldn't take any food or liquid in (security threat). Had to be poured out and food thrown into bin. He said once inside cost of food and drinks were unbelievable -£4 for a hot-dog.

Can't go to Olympic grounds unless one has a ticket or is part of a guided tour. Tickets are £100+. For a family of 4 to enjoy the Olympics I doubt £500 would be sufficient.

Empty seats.

Only McDonalds is allowed to sell chips.

Old lady told to take knitted olympic rings off shop front display as she has not paid sponsorship.

Only Visa is accepted in Olympic grounds.

Local shops suffering badly as whole of London is like a deserted town. I've never seen the roads so empty. Tumbleweeds rolling down Hermon Hill. Hotels ripping off tourists. Lot's of metal barriers put up on pavements with no crowds at all. Lanes marked Olympic Lanes and not used at all.

I'm not sure I understand what legacy planners are talking about here? How not to conduct the Olympics is more my take on events. :eek:

What signal are we sending to tourists. Come to London and we'll fleece you.

Peoples Olympics? How so? Having spent £9.2bn it is purely a capitalist money making machine for the few at the expense of UK citizens.

I'm delighted for the competition and winning gold medals etc but very disappointed with delivery thus far. The legacy part remains to be seen.

I'm sorry to hear that from you as it confirms some of what I have been hearing on LBC.

I mention LBC because it consists of phone-ins all the time and I like to hear opinions. However, my opinion of most of the commentators is not that high. They blow hot-blow cold about everything- Anything to stir up an argument , which is their job, of course. But before the opening they were moaning like hell about everything, including the points you raised. Now, everything in the garden is rosy.

I think that MacDonalds, etc have got it all tied down as far as prices of food is concerned. The spectators will be counting the cost, afterwards, although they are happy about the medals.