OK, I know I am stupid, but...

clylbw

Can anyone please tell me:

1. How much is 6 feet and 4 inches in centimeter?

2. How much is 153 centimeter in foot & inch?

How on earth are metric and English measures converted between each other??? :mad:

Anyway, if two people with the above heights are a couple, do they REALLY look odd together?

Thanks.

clylbw said:
Can anyone please tell me:

1. How much is 6 feet and 4 inches in centimeter?

2. How much is 153 centimeter in foot & inch?

How on earth are metric and English measures converted between each other??? :mad:

Anyway, if two people with the above heights are a couple, do they REALLY look odd together?

Thanks.
2.54cm in an inch.
30.48cm in a foot.

So,

1. 193cm
2. 5ft

To answer the last part of your question, I need to ask one - "Are they in a panto and are they on stage at the same time?"

1 inch is 2.54 centimetres.

1. 6 feet and 4 inches is 193 centimetres
2. 153 centimetres is 5 feet

As for the final question .................................

LION63 said:
As for the final question ...
Well, yes; she _is_ a little on the short side for you, but if she wears shoes with 4" heels and you stand in a hole, nobody will notice. Honestly.

2.54 cm = 1 inch
12 inches = 1 foot
6ft 4 inches = 76 inches = 193.04cm
153cm = 60.23 inches =5feet .23 inches

I think

Perhaps how they really look - is - subjective!!

Why have we assumed that the male is taller than the female or that they are indeed a male and female?

Hi LION63,

I know it would be much more interesting if the female were taller than the male, or if they were two males or females, but I am afraid the situation in this case is somewhat mundane. They are indeed a taller man and a shorter woman.

Sorry for being a spoilsport. :)

Clylbw,

On the contrary, it was fairly obvious but I was itching to get that one in. At least you took it for the harmless joke that it was.

Cheers.

Hiya Lynn,
Not knowing imp/metric ratios simply shows how young you are ;-)
It's curious how a tall male and short female couple is quite visually acceptable, but how a small male and tall female couple looks "unusual" as in Bernie Ecclestone and his lady. Or am I being sexist?
Happy Holidays to you,
Richard

Last edited:
I cannot afford to be sued by Mr Ecclestone and/or a few others like that.

Remember the 70s when this metric crap came on the scene? When we got it wrong a few strokes on the backside at school meant you remembered.

clylbw said:
Can anyone please tell me...

The easy way to remember the conversion between feet inches - centimeters and Millimeters is to look at or remember a ruler (not as in emperor).

A ruler is 1 Foot = 12 Inches = 30cm (which is 300mm)
1 Inch is approx 2 1/2 cm (25mm)

So if you forget, just look at a ruler.

Oh yes, 1 meter = 100 centimeters (cent meaning 100, so 'centimeter' = '100 in meter')

Last edited:
I see ... got it all the wrong way round, did I? Should have said "if _you_ wear heels and _he_ stands in a hole"? Oh well, that'll teach me to try to be amusing :(

[

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Why not think of them as Tall handsome gentleman with his Petite lady :p

Big surprises come in small packages and also Gems.... grrrr forget the short !!! try petite ;) and when the male is small he often says its not the size but what you do with it !!!!

So many thanks to all of you. :)

Hi Richard,

I know what you mean. A friend of mine has a boyfriend who is two and half inches shorter than her. Whenever they go out together, they always collect some stares. But they have been happy together, so I guess perhaps size does not matter in some cases.

And best seasonal wishes to you, too. :D

Hi Silk,

Not sure about the petite bit, but thank you all the same.