ohlc chart differences

reynard

if anyone's itching for a challenge in the TA section, perhaps can help me with a query on lse-listed stock charts?

I have recently found price charts at certain sites to show differences on the same stock. I would have thought the historical day-bars would have been identical. I checked 4 charting sites, and found the following differences in the day-bar on the 3-month ohlc charts :-

J.WOOD GROUP [WG..LSE] ohlc day bar for 25/5/04 :

hi lo
FT.COM 142.5 135.75
ADVFN.CO.UK 142.5 135.75
III.CO.UK 142.5 128
COMDIRECT.co.uk 147.5 127

the ft and advfn charts match exactly on their bars for that day. however III and comdirect show a low of around 127/128 which seems considerably lower, even allowing for bid/offer spread. I know price data other than level 2 is delayed, but this should not apply to historical day-bars.

I have always assumed until now that all standard price charts reflecting lse-listed companies presented ohlc price data as provided by the lse. I spoke to the london stock exchange electronic data service recently, and they say they only provide one ohlc/vol price set for each trading day to internet sites.

does anyone have an explanation for the differences?
otherwise I look like having to dig deeper and query it with the chart providers.

regards,
reynard

A low of 135.75 on ShareScope and a high of 142.5

I trust ShareScope.

JonnyT

thanks for your comment, jonnyT

thing is a comdirect automatic stoploss threw me out of a stock trade on WG..LSE
at 131p at 08:12 25/5/04
maybe I should take this up with them.

reynard