ohlc chart differences

reynard

30 0
if anyone's itching for a challenge in the TA section, perhaps can help me with a query on lse-listed stock charts?

I have recently found price charts at certain sites to show differences on the same stock. I would have thought the historical day-bars would have been identical. I checked 4 charting sites, and found the following differences in the day-bar on the 3-month ohlc charts :-

J.WOOD GROUP [WG..LSE] ohlc day bar for 25/5/04 :

hi lo
FT.COM 142.5 135.75
ADVFN.CO.UK 142.5 135.75
III.CO.UK 142.5 128
COMDIRECT.co.uk 147.5 127

the ft and advfn charts match exactly on their bars for that day. however III and comdirect show a low of around 127/128 which seems considerably lower, even allowing for bid/offer spread. I know price data other than level 2 is delayed, but this should not apply to historical day-bars.

I have always assumed until now that all standard price charts reflecting lse-listed companies presented ohlc price data as provided by the lse. I spoke to the london stock exchange electronic data service recently, and they say they only provide one ohlc/vol price set for each trading day to internet sites.

does anyone have an explanation for the differences?
otherwise I look like having to dig deeper and query it with the chart providers.

regards,
reynard

reynard

30 0
thanks for your comment, jonnyT

thing is a comdirect automatic stoploss threw me out of a stock trade on WG..LSE
at 131p at 08:12 25/5/04
maybe I should take this up with them.

reynard

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock